X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA tourney

SDSU VS Colorado Notre Dame Region

Re: NCAA tourney

The Jacks will travel to Twin Cities Friday. Winner get Marquette-Minnesota winner. The Jacks appear to be a 12th seed in their region.
    Last edited by thebluehatman; 11-10-2008, 08:13 PM.

Comment

For those interested in tickets:
      Tickets for the first and second round games can be purchased by calling 1-800-U-GOPHER or by contacting the Gopher Ticket Office at 612-624-8080.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        The Jacks will travel to Twin Cities Friday. Winner get Marquette-Minnesota winner. The Jacks appear to be a 12th seed in their region.
        Minor point, Blue, but I believe that is the 13th seed (playing #4 Colorado). But seeding is one thing, and the Jacks will give it a heck of a shot (remember the tie with Michigan State...this team is a do or die group)!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Minor point, Blue, but I believe that is the 13th seed (playing #4 Colorado). But seeding is one thing, and the Jacks will give it a heck of a shot (remember the tie with Michigan State...this team is a do or die group)!!
          Jacks#1, I forgot how to count, but I do believe a 13th ranking in the NCAA tournament is a first for a Summit League soccer team. A great group of girls and I just can't stop smiling about this. If anyone is in the Twin Cities on Friday, take this game in. It may be a 3 p.m start, but this is huge for the program. All Jackrabbit supporters in any shape, size, or color that can be there should be there.

Comment

Jacks#1, I forgot how to count, but I do believe a 13th ranking in the NCAA tournament is a first for a Summit League soccer team. A great group of girls and I just can't stop smiling about this. If anyone is in the Twin Cities on Friday, take this game in. It may be a 3 p.m start, but this is huge for the program. All Jackrabbit supporters in any shape, size, or color that can be there should be there.
            No doubt this is huge for the program. Being able to tell future recruits they have a legit chance at the postseason by coming to SDSU is a great selling point!

Comment

If I'm hearing you correctly this is the highest rating in soccer for MCC or Summit members in soccer? If so, WOW 8)

Best of luck, and it's a GREAT time for a Twin City visit!

Comment

So do they have a shot against Colorado? I haven't followed them too closely, but me thinks they do have a shot and could have a very good chance at an upset. How cool would that be? Historic for sure.

Comment

They have a decent shot. No Summit League team has won a first round game, there has been one play-in game win but that's all. Looking briefly at the stats, the two teams are comparable even though CU is ranked in the top 20. Defense will be a key for the ladies this weekend.

Comment

teams in the dance, full schedule found at http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3695012
                    South Bend, Ind.
                    Nov. 14, 16
                    Game 1 -- No. 1 Notre Dame (21-0-0) vs. Toledo (16-4-1)
                    Game 2 -- Michigan St. (13-6-3) vs. UW-Milwaukee (16-2-2)

Minneapolis
                    Minneapolis
                    Nov. 14, 16
                    Game 1 -- Minnesota (20-3-0) vs. Marquette (11-7-3)
                    Game 2 -- South Dakota State (14-4-1) vs. No. 4 Colorado (14-4-4)

Comment

Terry's write-up of the Jackrabbit Womenn making the NCAA tourney. There is also a tid-bit about the cross country teams running in the NCAA regionals as well. Remember to hit the "recommend" button when you pull the article up.

SDSU soccer faces Colorado in NCAA opener
                      Jacks fare well in first-ever D-I tournament draw
                      Terry Vandrovec • November 11, 2008

The second team from South Dakota State to qualify for an NCAA Division I championship got a decidedly better draw than the first.

The Jackrabbits will face No. 16-ranked Colorado - the fourth seed in the Notre Dame Region - in the first round of the women's soccer tournament at 3 p.m. Friday. The match will be held at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium in Minneapolis meaning SDSU (14-4-1) gets to play in a neighboring state, on a familiar field and near the hometowns of seven current players.

It's also the first time since 2004 that the Summit League champion hasn't had to face a No. 1 or 2 seed. Plus, the Buffaloes (14-4-4) reportedly will be without junior forward Nikki Marshall - their second-leading scorer - because she will be playing for the national team in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

(read more)

Comment

Here's a link to a nifty interactive bracket for Women's Soccer: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-soccer/...cer_women.html
                        If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=3428
                          Read More By Clicking Linky
                          There was plenty of celebrating Monday night at Cubby's Sports Bar in Brookings.

The Jackrabbit soccer team and many of their supporters were there to celebrate history as the NCAA Women's College Cup pairings were announced.

"It's tremendously exciting ," said SDSU head coach Lang Wedemeyer. "The big thing we've talked to the girls about is I believe no Summit League team has won the first round of the NCAAs when they've gone. That's something we want to try to make history on."

The fate of the Jackrabbits was announced at about 7:10 p.m. as their half of the bracket was revealed to show them facing the fourth seed Colorado as a 13th seed Friday in Minneapolis. The nationally ranked Buffaloes earned their sixth-straight appearance. The Buffalos are 14-4-4 after falling to Missouri 1-0 in the Big 12 Championship on Sunday.

"We know the opponent and certainly Colorado is a quality program," said Wedemeyer. "It's going to be a tough match-up . It would have been nice to have the Farrell sisters and Vanessa (Paswaters) head that way (back to Colorado). At the same time, we have some seniors from Minnesota so it works both ways."

Comment

There is a chance the game might be web streamed for free at gojacks today. Windy and 38 degrees in the Twin Cities from my reports.

Comment

I hope that is the case. The only thing I have been able to find to follow the game is Livestats off of the gophers site. Link below:

http://www.gophersports.com/liveStat...EM_ID=8400&KEY

Comment

Working...
                              X