NCAA tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA tourney

BHM, Any insider info on Coach Wedemeyer being "courted" by any "Major" programs around the country?

As it seems to go, sometimes with great success comes great change in D-1, mid-major athletics.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I'm can't say I've heard a thing. I'm sure there could be inquiries about Lang. It's up to him if he chooses to go. Obviously, building the program from nothing to an NCAA Division I College Cup winner is no easy task. 78 wins in 9 years says a lot about what he has done for the program and university. He could have very easily given up when things were a struggle in the early D-I day but he overcame the struggles to do this. We'll see what happens.

Comment

I for one... Hope he doesn't leave! I don't know him very well but the two times I have met him... he seems to be a genuinely nice guy! I hope he's there for at least 5 more years!!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
          9 seniors that will be tough to replace including one of the top goalkeepers in the country.

Hopefully not all starters! It's easier to replace 9 when a few of them are coming off the bench. It's a whole different ball of wax when you are replacing 9 starters...

Comment

One last soccer story from a great season.
            http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=3472

With hopes of continuing their Cinderella story, the Jacks took on Minnesota Sunday for a spot in the Sweet 16. SDSU faced the Golden Gophers early in the season, falling 2-0 and looked for retribution.

Unfortunately, the Jacks were on the losing end of another 2-0 shutout by Minnesota.

"We knew Minnesota would come out strong," said Jackrabbit head coach Lang Wedemeyer. "We were nervous , tight and you can't start games like that against quality opponents. They put us under the gun immediately and we were digging ourselves out of a hole the rest of the game. We've played well and had quite a bit of luck. We beat Colorado on Friday and maybe we used it all up. The ball didn't bounce for us quite the right way today."

Comment

I was just talking to my wife about how cool it was that SDSU soccer, which didn't even exist when we were in school in the '90's was knocking off top 25 teams in the NCAA tourney. Just another reason to be proud to be from SDSU. Good work, ladies!
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
              X