• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Roster

The entire 2008 roster is posted including the incoming freshman:

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...RINTABLE_PAGE=

Re: 2008 Roster

What's the strength of the team? I'll guess offense, if the line is deep enough. But defense seems to have some promising newcomers to complement returning studs.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      What's the strength of the team? I'll guess offense, if the line is deep enough. But defense seems to have some promising newcomers to complement returning studs.
      I'd say with the returning D-Line and Linebackers, that's (defense) our strength. O-line has some question marks. Should be an exciting year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
        I'd say with the returning D-Line and Linebackers, that's (defense) our strength. O-line has some question marks. Should be an exciting year.
        I think RLV is correct in his assessment. Talking to Stig he mentions that the fat guys on the O-line needed to be hitting the weights and staying conditioned through the summer. Some concern about the depth chart at O-line and now linebacker. D-line should be the anchor with an above average secondary. I like our experience at QB and WR although I wonder about depth at the wide-out spot. Some young players are going to have to impress. Koenig is going to be tough to replace but I like our odds with Minet and Monke as well as some of the newcomers.

As for special teams, I think we'll be okay in the return game. Huge question mark as far as the kicking game is concerned. I know the situation and thats about all that can be said. Jacks are going to have to be a disciplined team, taking good care of the ball and not getting in trouble with penalties. Our schedule is as tough as it gets and many questions won't be answered until we hit the field. It should be a damn good time but there are going to be some trials and tribulations for sure.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any news on late additions to the roster that Terry was alluding to at one point? It seems we could use some depth at linebacker!

Comment

I just found a well made video of the 2008 team on youtube with cool pictures and stuff, it gave me the chills!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v849yd_EuOM

Comment

wasn't a great video. a different song used would have been better

Comment

Agreed...it wasn't much of a video.

Comment

Looks like the 2008 media guide is out.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...53&SPSID=64628

Comment

There is a cool video ad for the 2008 Football Team on www.gojacks.com.

It wasn't long but it was enough to get me "Jacked up" for the year.

Can't tell if it is the same one as on youtube. That is blocked at the office.

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Camp chronicles 8/4
                      Posted 8/4/2008 10:34 AM CDT on argusleader.com

Welcome to the newest - temporary, but maybe bi-weekly - segment.

Six players that participated in spring ball at SDSU left the team for one reason or another prior to the opening of fall camp: Austin Lalich, K; Nathan O'Dea, WR; Casey Elshere, OL; Evan Skiles, OL; Austin Frain, LB; John Kirwan, DL. Only Frain (injury) was a letterman, although the junior Skiles was expected to be in the mix on the offensive line this season.

Although nothing is set in stone, junior college transfer Mao Lefiti may redshirt because the defensive line is fairly deep and experienced now, but will lose two seniors (Eric Schroeder and Jason Nobiling) prior to 2009.
                      Last edited by rabidrabbit; 08-04-2008, 03:22 PM. Reason: Violation of posting whole article TOS

Comment

I'm really interested who will be backing up Ryan Berry. Marcel Jones was a very highly touted quarterback out of high school who has bounced a round a bit, but assume he is competing to be the heir apparent to Berry next year along with Crawford and Jeske. Assume O'Brien will redshirt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          I'm really interested who will be backing up Ryan Berry. Marcel Jones was a very highly touted quarterback out of high school who has bounced a round a bit, but assume he is competing to be the heir apparent to Berry next year along with Crawford and Jeske. Assume O'Brien will redshirt this year.
                          I haven't heard a lot of positives about Marcel but I haven't spoken to those "in charge" either. My understanding is that the young man from Winona, O'Brien, has the most upside. Of course, we've heard that about others. Time will certainly tell.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

from TVs new blog:

"Some observations - yes, I was in attendance - from SDSU football practice Monday:
                            Sophomore running back Kyle Minett is noticably bigger and stronger, but weighs about the same (205) as he did last season. The Jacks are stacked at that position.
                            Well-traveled quarterback Marcel Jones has left the team. The transfer from Minnesota via Northern Iowa probably was going to be no higher than fourth on the depth chart. Also at that position, true freshman Thomas O'Brien has a long frame with room to grow. True to his age, in two plays with one of the top offensive units late in practice he connected on a long pass and then fumbled the next snap.
                            Defensive linemen Jason Nobiling, Antonio Thompson and Mao Lefiti sat out due to injury. Nobiling is just dinged, Lefiti - who likely was going to redshirt anyway - suffered an elbow injury and Thompson's status has yet to be determined, but could perhaps be the most serious. In light of those absences, true freshmen Josiah Fitzsimmons (a big dude) and Andy Mink got some high-level reps."

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
                              from TVs new blog:

"Some observations - yes, I was in attendance - from SDSU football practice Monday:
                              Sophomore running back Kyle Minett is noticably bigger and stronger, but weighs about the same (205) as he did last season. The Jacks are stacked at that position.
                              Well-traveled quarterback Marcel Jones has left the team. The transfer from Minnesota via Northern Iowa probably was going to be no higher than fourth on the depth chart. Also at that position, true freshman Thomas O'Brien has a long frame with room to grow. True to his age, in two plays with one of the top offensive units late in practice he connected on a long pass and then fumbled the next snap.
                              Defensive linemen Jason Nobiling, Antonio Thompson and Mao Lefiti sat out due to injury. Nobiling is just dinged, Lefiti - who likely was going to redshirt anyway - suffered an elbow injury and Thompson's status has yet to be determined, but could perhaps be the most serious. In light of those absences, true freshmen Josiah Fitzsimmons (a big dude) and Andy Mink got some high-level reps."
                              I had heard that Jones probably wasn't going to stick quite a while ago, no surprise there. I hope Thompson can recover, I was looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X