• Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State

Line Update:

South Dakota State at Iowa State
    Thu 8/28 1115 8:00PM (EST)

1115 South Dakota State +10 -115
    1116 Iowa State -10 -115

As you can see.. The line moved from Iowa State by 8, to ISU by 10...

Comment

Side note - Only 2 FCS teams have closer spreads against their FBS counterparts than our Jackrabbits!!

Cal Poly +5.5 at San Diego State & James Madison +1.5 at Duke

Comment

On a little bit different note, does the Jackrabbit band go to any road games? Any chance it or a smaller version will be in Ames? Texas sent a partial band there last season. I was a little surprised when the Pride weren't at the UNI game two years ago. Iowa State has a top-notch band.

Comment

I've seen some lines (even today) at 7.5 points. Fingers crossed!
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by crjack View Post
            On a little bit different note, does the Jackrabbit band go to any road games? Any chance it or a smaller version will be in Ames? Texas sent a partial band there last season. I was a little surprised when the Pride weren't at the UNI game two years ago. Iowa State has a top-notch band.
            The band didn't even want to show up for the NDSU HOME GAME. No chance that they travel to any road game any time soon. They won't even go to Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by crjack View Post
              Hard to get a band together for a game that occurs before school is in session or the dorms are open.
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                Hard to get a band together for a game that occurs before school is in session or the dorms are open.
                I don't know what they do for housing, but school hasn't started yet and the Husker marching band has been at it for a while. They'll do full pregame, halftime and postgame shows at the game Aug. 30. They seem to make it work.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  I don't know what they do for housing, but school hasn't started yet and the Husker marching band has been at it for a while. They'll do full pregame, halftime and postgame shows at the game Aug. 30. They seem to make it work.
                  My daughter played in her marching band at a different university as a freshman. They opened the dorms 2 or 3 days early for the marching band and they did looong practices the last 3 or 4 days before school started.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Please let's not go through this again.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Walk-on tryouts for football won't happen til after the game either. I am guessing someone at the university doesn't want the 'hassle' of opening all the dorms to that many kids. To me it doesn't seem that it is a departmental choice.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

It will be interesting to see the direction the Pride moves with the new leadership.

These next three BCS games will give everyone a look at what the next level is for the band. I can't imagine the Pride is that far off, but to step up to the next level they may need early practices.

Back to football.... We should be rolling in around 4pm hoping to still take in the pre-game atmosphere. This will be my first BCS/DI-A game in the the last 15 or more years. It will be interesting to see the difference given ISU's recent struggles.

A close game would be great, given SDSU's track record of comebacks that would be a up to a 2+TD deficit in the 4th qtr.

Comment

The reality of the game is starting to set in. Plans have been finalized for one ISU alum and three SDSU alums to get in the van and leave @ 8 AM Thursday from Yankton. SDSU daughter and her roommate are following us. I could hardly hold in my excitment any longer last night and had to drive down to the Ice House and have a beer. Nothing like sitting on the dock on a nice late summer evening and talking SDSU football.

If we can't pull off the upset, I hope we can keep it within 10. See you there. We are going to the Alumni tent and then wonder the grounds drinking free beer (my favorite)!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                            We are going to the Alumni tent and then wonder the grounds drinking free beer (my favorite)!!
                            Any chance I can get some of that free Alumni beer? It's only three semesters till I graduate

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              The reality of the game is starting to set in. Plans have been finalized for one ISU alum and three SDSU alums to get in the van and leave @ 8 AM Thursday from Yankton. SDSU daughter and her roommate are following us. I could hardly hold in my excitment any longer last night and had to drive down to the Ice House and have a beer. Nothing like sitting on the dock on a nice late summer evening and talking SDSU football.

If we can't pull off the upset, I hope we can keep it within 10. See you there. We are going to the Alumni tent and then wonder the grounds drinking free beer (my favorite)!!
                              I'm not sure "free" is the right term here. Its $20 for the food and beer. $15 for parking. Still a bargain for a guy like 4Life who'll consume his fair share. I'd do the alumni thing but I have all the tailgate supplies and I plan to use them. I'm definitely going to stop by the alumni tent and say hi. Everyone is welcome at the YJC flagpole and tailgate site as well. I'll submit final plans when I make them.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I'm not sure "free" is the right term here. Its $20 for the food and beer. $15 for parking. Still a bargain for a guy like 4Life who'll consume his fair share. I'd do the alumni thing but I have all the tailgate supplies and I plan to use them. I'm definitely going to stop by the alumni tent and say hi. Everyone is welcome at the YJC flagpole and tailgate site as well. I'll submit final plans when I make them.

Jack MD,
                                Once you've finalized the spot you'll be at, let us know. I've got a group meeting at the Flying J at 9:00 am and we'll need a tailgating spot also. So if we can park next to you, the more blue and yellow the better if that's OK with you!!

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X