D1 Academics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Academics

Haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so here is a link to an article regarding academic requirements for D1 schools.

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll...02/1002/sports

I found interesting the comments from the staff at each institution.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: D1 Academics

That's a good article and one we should keep in mind as questions arise about the NCAA requirements.

Does everyone remember how a few opponents to the D-1 switch worried about lowering academic requirements?

When our student athletes do well academically, it contributes to the growing reputation of SDSU and that adds to the value of one's degree from SDSU no matter when it was conferred.

Comment

Re: D1 Academics

I agree its a great article and very informative. I recall the only time I have talked to Terry V in person was at a certification open forum held at the Union Building more than a year ago. Terry was taking notes in a furious fashion, but was also focused on the speaker at the moment. So Terry without a doubt is very much up to speed on the D1 certification process and the academic changes that it intails.

Its good news to know that USD appears to be taking this process very serious and preparing for the future requirments.

I like Stig comments the best as if you have talked to him in person, he would tell you the same information, if you were to quiz him on the recruiting process.

Comment

Working...
      X