Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU-SDSU Fans-- Are we still country Bumkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU-SDSU Fans-- Are we still country Bumkins?

1. I don't think it is embarrassing at all to call the game after one pitch, when it is done so that all four games can get played. Remember this was approved by both sides BEFORE the pitch was made. It wasn't as though the teams did all their regular warm-ups, went out took the field thinking they were going to play the game and then it was suspended.

2. As for your proposal that they should have played the suspended game on Saturday and moved one of the two scheduled Saturday games to Sunday, how is that different than just rescheduling Friday's game to Sunday? Oh yeah, because the decision to suspend Friday's game was not made on the spur of the moment. It was planned so that they could get the four games in over the weekend.

3. How does ORU travel? You assume they could just hold their plane until the game was over. That may or may not have been the case, and YOU can never convince me that both teams would not have preferred a 2&2. If ORU states they preferred a 3&1 and travel was no consideration, then I will believe it.

4. As for the Augie game, you get a weather report saying it isn't going to clear off until after when you could get a game in, but you want them to still play the game. I forgot that you also work for the National Weather Service and could have told them that nothing was going to happen.

If it upsets you so much, go to the HPER and ask if you can get your ticket price refunded. If not, I'm guessing the board members can pool together enough to make you whole.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      1. I don't think it is embarrassing at all to call the game after one pitch, when it is done so that all four games can get played. Remember this was approved by both sides BEFORE the pitch was made. It wasn't as though the teams did all their regular warm-ups, went out took the field thinking they were going to play the game and then it was suspended.

2. As for your proposal that they should have played the suspended game on Saturday and moved one of the two scheduled Saturday games to Sunday, how is that different than just rescheduling Friday's game to Sunday? Oh yeah, because the decision to suspend Friday's game was not made on the spur of the moment. It was planned so that they could get the four games in over the weekend.

3. How does ORU travel? You assume they could just hold their plane until the game was over. That may or may not have been the case, and YOU can never convince me that both teams would not have preferred a 2&2. If ORU states they preferred a 3&1 and travel was no consideration, then I will believe it.

4. As for the Augie game, you get a weather report saying it isn't going to clear off until after when you could get a game in, but you want them to still play the game. I forgot that you also work for the National Weather Service and could have told them that nothing was going to happen.

If it upsets you so much, go to the HPER and ask if you can get your ticket price refunded. If not, I'm guessing the board members can pool together enough to make you whole.
      gojacks.com article http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1456258

Action in Friday's Summit League baseball series opener between Oral Roberts (Okla.) and South Dakota State consisted of one pitch before play was suspended due to impending inclement weather.

The Augie situation is just sad. I don't think that you realize that it quite raining three hours before the game was suppose to start.

What sense does it make to play 3 games in one day? They couldn't even fit them all in because of darkness, no lights.

Comment

Originally posted by tlk23 View Post
        gojacks.com article http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1456258

Action in Friday's Summit League baseball series opener between Oral Roberts (Okla.) and South Dakota State consisted of one pitch before play was suspended due to impending inclement weather.
        And how does that mean that both sides didn't agree to the one pitch suspension so the game could be finished the next day?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I just think it would be smarter to play doubleheaders on consecutive days. Try and fix the ORU travel schedule on Sunday.

Comment

I just think it would be smarter to play doubleheaders on consecutive days. Try and fix the ORU travel schedule on Sunday.
            Uninformed again. It is not ORU's travel schedule, but that of the entire Summit League. If your at SDSU, get an education.

Comment

Is the rule that a team can't play a DH on Sunday?

Comment

Is the rule that a team can't play a DH on Sunday?
                No. Sunday evening is the travel time. The Summit League schedules single games on Friday, DH's on Saturday, and single games on Sunday to allow the teams to be back at campus for Monday classes.

Comment

I don't like the rule.

Comment

Don't you think you need to add a little bit to the last statement? You ripped on everyone for the decisions made and when you find out there was a rule controlling it, all you say is you don't like the rule?

Comment

Start the game at 10 in the morning then.

Comment

Just give up man. It's getting sad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          Don't you think you need to add a little bit to the last statement? You ripped on everyone for the decisions made and when you find out there was a rule controlling it, all you say is you don't like the rule?
                          This tlk23 comes off with the reasoning of someone I work with on-campus. You sure you aren't the editor of a local on campus publication tlk?

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            This tlk23 comes off with the reasoning of someone I work with on-campus. You sure you aren't the editor of a local on campus publication tlk?
                            Don't think so.

Comment

So what happen to the discussion about Mike McFeely's column? Are we still Country Bumpkins? I thought thats was the subject when I opened this thread.

Comment

Not familar w/ ORU's flight schedules, but if they were scheduled to fly out of SF on Sunday, they may have had limited options. It also is a little more difficult to adjust flight schedules for an entire baseball team vs. 1 or 2 individuals. Of course, if ORU has a charter just slap me upside the head & kick me in the arse for not knowing. I trust the decision-makers. As far as the game called due to darkness, guess it's time for us to dig a little deeper in our pockets to make sure the problem is fixed.

And finally, No we're not bumpkins....we're JACKRABBITS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X