New Mascot Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Mascot Poll

Alright...who's the no vote? Come on...let it out!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      I was in Scheel's the other day in SF and the SDSU stuff was really picked over and I asked what the deal was. She said they have a really hard time keeping the SDSU stuff in stock.
      Then I asked her how SDSU gear sells in comparison to the other area schools...her reply..."there is no comparison, it's not even close".

I smiled!

Go Jacks!!
      I noticed the same thing when I was in there about a month ago. I talked to a sales person that I knew (and SDSU graduate) and she said pretty much the same thing

Comment

They've sold out of the $5 commemorative t-shirts in the bookstore (in less than 24 hours). But there's still a nice selection of the other stuff. It'll be a good opportunity this weekend for you out-of-towners to feed the rabbit by buying some stuff at the game.

Coolest item I saw in the bookstore: Flag with the bunny head and word "Jackrabbits" on it. I'm imagining it flying over tailgating setups in Gateway destinations like Youngstown in the future.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Prairie Graphics has different items here in town with the new logos on them. I found them reasonably priced as well. I love the logos!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Coolest item I saw in the bookstore: Flag with the bunny head and word "Jackrabbits" on it. I'm imagining it flying over tailgating setups in Gateway destinations like Youngstown in the future.
            Speaking of tailgating, any idea where I can get high-res files of the new logos (eps format would be great)? I figure it's not too early to get to work updating the banner for our tailgate spot in the Backyard.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Wondering if someone could confirm this for me. Daughter said the business that won the $1000 for winning the logo contest gave the $1000 to the Guarantee Scholarship. If so, kudos to them.

Comment

This is true.

Comment

Time for one of the "older" alumni to check in and tell you all that I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I'll always continue to like the 35-year run for our genial Jack, and I've got a ton of clothes I'll continue to wear, but I expect I'll be starting a new collection (already have two t-shirts, one yellow, one blue) right away.

When I was asked by a reporter early in this process whether I was unhappy about changing the logo, I conditioned it by saying "show me a better one and I'll decide". Well, I've decided: if we were going to change, and the timing is right, than I'm not unhappy!

Two other short thoughts. We didn't change a mascot, we changed the logo. We will always be Jackrabbits (ummmm, not the F Sioux) and the friendly bunny will continue to charm our kids courtside!! And I think the younger generation 0-30 will be VERY happy with the new look as they are used to the possibilities of graphic design in a new age. Finally, my thanks to the designers as well...for doing a great job...and giving their $1,000 prize back to SDSU for a scholarship...classy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Two other short thoughts. We didn't change a mascot, we changed the logo. We will always be Jackrabbits (ummmm, not the F Sioux) and the friendly bunny will continue to charm our kids courtside!!
                    Thanks for raising that issue. There was a lengthy discussion of that point this morning on a local sports radio how. Of course they convinced themselves that we had changed the mascot and that the only "logo" SDSU has is the campanile logo.

Of course that's wrong (and I wasted a good bit of energy shouting that back at my radio this morning, too.) It's a logo.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Thanks for raising that issue. There was a lengthy discussion of that point this morning on a local sports radio how. Of course they convinced themselves that we had changed the mascot and that the only "logo" SDSU has is the campanile logo.

Of course that's wrong (and I wasted a good bit of energy shouting that back at my radio this morning, too.) It's a logo.
                      Well I'm glad that they were at least talking about it on the radio. The more exposure that the university gets, the better off the university will be. I really think this new logo will generate some buzz and profits for the school which will help with the transition.

Also, I was looking at the Bookstore Website and they have added more items with the new logo's. The coffee mugs and polo shirts look nice. You can see them here.

http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/shop...catalog_id=164

This merchandise has two pages, make sure you look at page 2 for the mugs and polo shirts.

Go State!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

On the topic of the poll . . . 75-1 in favor.

That's even more lopsided than a typical SDSU-Southern Utah women's basketball game!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Bought my tshirt and a flag today. The bunny head with Jackrabbits underneath looks incredible on the polos and 1/4 zip fleece. I hope they get more selection in soon because I will definitely buy a polo with that logo on it.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            On the topic of the poll . . . 75-1 in favor.

That's even more lopsided than a typical SDSU-Southern Utah women's basketball game!
                            When you dont have the option" I really dont care" thats more of a no than a yes so that how I become the one who voted no. Whether I buy or don't buy new garb will not close the doors or open doors of the SA Bookstore. I do think the institution did the right thing by changing the logo in order to get Time Warner off our back. The future is more for the younger alums, so if this is what turns your table, then go for it. I really don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              When you dont have the option" I really dont care" thats more of a no than a yes so that how I become the one who voted no. Whether I buy or don't buy new garb will not close the doors or open doors of the SA Bookstore. I do think the institution did the right thing by changing the logo in order to get Time Warner off our back. The future is more for the younger alums, so if this is what turns your table, then go for it. I really don't care.
                              OK, then . . . for my part I'm planning to drop a significant amount of money on the Bookstore/Prairie Graphics/Scheel's/Etc. for stuff with the new mark when I'm up this weekend for the NDSU games.

As long as we're all cheering the Jacks on it doesn't matter to me if you're wearing the old Running Rabbit, the saggy SD, the old-school interlocked SD, JackJD's Track Rabbit, one of the new marks, or just jeans and an old sweatshirt.

Let's go out and beat us some Bison this weekend!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert would kill for one of the classic cross-country T's.

I'm planning on attending the Saturday night NDSU game and trying to clear the schedule for Friday night. I hope the bookstore is open!

Comment

Working...
                                X