X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Bump.

One thing I should mention is that while the ask is out for the rest for the building, there are no guarantees and they'll need another $3 million to equip the building properly on top of the $6 to $12 million for the building.

A little more clarification: At $6 million, the building would be football only. $12 million makes it a home for all outdoor sports. The other $3 million would fill it with top-notch equipment.
    Hold on a minute while I check that Powerball ticket . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Hold on a minute while I check that Powerball ticket . . .
      When I win one of those $300 million jackpots, SDSU is getting a new stadium. Imagine SDSUFANS.COM Field at JimmyJack Stadium.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

When I win one of those $300 million jackpots, SDSU is getting a new stadium. Imagine SDSUFANS.COM Field at JimmyJack Stadium.
        I've often thought the same thing, well maybe not the JimmyJack part though .

I guess maybe I should start buying some tickets....

Comment

I've heard rumors that Avera would match the $6 million to finish the project off. They would add an MRI machine, etc. in the building with this as well. This is from word of mouth. Has anyone else heard this?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
            I've heard rumors that Avera would match the $6 million to finish the project off. They would add an MRI machine, etc. in the building with this as well. This is from word of mouth. Has anyone else heard this?
            That's the first I've heard of it. Given that T. Denny Sanford is the lead donor, it seems unlikely to me that Avera would be in on the same project. What's next? Dogs and cats living together?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Dana stopped at our tailgate site. The ask is out to all FB alumni including the NFL guys. Not from Dana's mouth but from others, the current NFL guys will each be sponsoring a portion of the project, not sure how much from each but some. I'd be happy to buy a few bricks just tell me who to make the check out to.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is Terry's article from Sunday's Argus about the Student Athlete Development Center.

Dykhouse Center coming to SDSU
                Student-athlete complex to become reality thanks to banking CEO, philanthropist

By Terry Vandrovec
                tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                Comment Print Email PUBLISHED: November 18, 2007

BROOKINGS - South Dakota State University has been exploring the possibility of a new student-athlete center for more than 30 years.

It's finally going to happen.

A Saturday news conference at the Performing Arts Center was as much a call for help in completing the project as it was an announcement of the seed money - $5 million from philanthropist T. Denny Sanford and $1 million from the family of Dana Dykhouse, president and chief executive officer of First Premier Bank.

Ideally, the Dykhouse Center - as the new complex is to be called - will house offices, locker rooms, meeting spaces, training rooms, sports medicine centers and an academic support center for SDSU's football, baseball, softball, soccer, running, tennis and golf programs.

Officials hope to complete it in spring 2010.

A 2004 buildings master plan predicted that such a project would cost about $10 million and consist of 70,000 square feet, according to SDSU athletic director Fred Oien.

In other words, there is more work to be done.

"A vast majority have complained about our buildings for years," Dykhouse said of SDSU's 1,090 living former football players. "This morning, the complaints stop. What they're going to be complaining about now are my phone calls to get them to write checks to make this happen. It's time to pony up."

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...711180335/1001
                Last edited by BTownJack; 11-18-2007, 09:57 PM. Reason: Insert Link

Comment

Is there an artists rendering of the Athletic Development Center in it's percieved current 3 story version or is it still a work in progress until they reviewed all potential options.

Comment

What is the time frame for:

1) Dykhouse Athletic Complex

2) Pharmacy/Bio-Chem Building

When are they "planning" on these to be completed?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                      What is the time frame for:

1) Dykhouse Athletic Complex

2) Pharmacy/Bio-Chem Building

When are they "planning" on these to be completed?
                      I believe 2010 for both. The Athletic Complex is 2010 for sure.

Comment

I believe I saw or heard 2010 for the Pharm/Biochem building as well.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Is there an artists rendering of the Athletic Development Center in it's percieved current 3 story version or is it still a work in progress until they reviewed all potential options.
                          Not yet. They have preliminary RFPs out (I think that's what the Argus got hold of) and will review the resulting designs soon and make a decision right away.

What's the total for new buildings of late? Can somebody help me add it up?

Harding Hall South: $6 million or so?
                          Avera Science Complex: $48 million?
                          Equestrian Center: $3 million?
                          Dykhouse Student Athlete Center: $12 million (if the other $6 million appears)
                          Wintrode Student Success Center: Don't know the total for that? Help...

What am I forgetting?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Not yet. They have preliminary RFPs out (I think that's what the Argus got hold of) and will review the resulting designs soon and make a decision right away.

What's the total for new buildings of late? Can somebody help me add it up?

Harding Hall South: $6 million or so?
                            Avera Science Complex: $48 million?
                            Equestrian Center: $3 million?
                            Dykhouse Student Athlete Center: $12 million (if the other $6 million appears)
                            Wintrode Student Success Center: Don't know the total for that? Help...

What am I forgetting?
                            Add to this the wellness center: $13 million.

Comment

And add the Innovation Center building in the research park. I don't know the estimated cost.

Comment

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3111252.shtml

In April of 2004, a master plan study for the athletic campus at South Dakota State was developed by the athletic department to improve the existing sports facilities. Student athletes have been recruited with the promise that they would have first-class facilities by the time they were seniors. Since 2004, however, SDSU has lacked the resources to put this master plan into action and fulfill those promises to its student-athletes.

On Nov. 17, this changed. Seed gifts totaling $6 million from the Dykhouse family and T. Denny Sanford were presented at a press conference to SDSU officials.

Dana Dykhouse, a 1979 graduate of SDSU and former Jackrabbit football player, presented the gifts for his family and Sanford and spoke to the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X