Student Athlete Development Center News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Athlete Development Center News

On KELO tonight, they had a story in which they interviewed Dr. Chicoine about the student athlere development center. The story indicated that a lead donation by Dana Dykhouse would be announced on Satrday morning and that a fundraising drive would be initiated at a special event that morning. I will add a link from KELO as soon as it is up.

The link is up now.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,63191
    Last edited by Rabbit74; 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM. Reason: add link

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Thank you Dana. You are a huge supporter of SDSU; more people should be like you and put their money where their mouth is! And I am not saying that Dana has not given money before b/c I know he has been very generous in the past. But people have to stop talking and take some action.

People this is the time to change SDSU and make it into a regional/national power and the only way we can do that is if we pull out our pocketbooks and give. We can go to all of the sporting events and cheer and send our kids to SDSU, but the only way we can stand up and be noticed is if all of us give back to the university.

The leaders at SDSU are very passionate and have a vision, and for me that is the best combination to have.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

I would also like to thank Dana Dykhouse. He has been a very vocal and financial supporter of SDSU. I wish I had the resources to give only a part of what he donates. Thanks again...

Comment

The Argus online reports that there will be a special meeting of the Board of Regents tomorrow to approve the name for the student athlete development center project. The name will probably be announced Saturday at the news conference.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PRESS/71115023

It looks that all is in place for the project to start soon. Final approval will have to come from the legislature as discussed earlier.

Comment

I undertand several other FB alumni have made commitments to donate to the center. I expect they will be announced on Saturday, too. Unless they plan to wait until after the NFL season so they can attend the announcement in person. Anyone else hearing more about this?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is another story from the Argus on-line site. It talks in terms of a three story building overlooking the stadium. The Saturday announcement looks to be another example of great news coming from SDSJ.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71115033

Comment

I'll have to thank Dana's daughter who attends Black Hills State....

Comment

any news about a name from the special BOR meeting this morning to discuss a name for the SADC/north endzone project?
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Motions approved. Press Conference at 10:15 in the PAC center about the Student Athlete Development Center's Name.

Comment

The Regents gave President Chicoine the right to negotiate the name for the new chemistry/pharmacy building and for the Student Athlete Development Center

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...RhN+Em1OBEY%3D

Comment

Anyone have a summary of the news conference? Imming said that Dana and T. Denny have made donations, not sure if I'll catch them discussing at halftime.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Here is the announcement.

New facility to bear Dykhouse name Courtesy: SDSU Sports Info
                        Release: 11/17/2007
                        Courtesy: South Dakota State University
                        http://www.gojacks.com/

South Dakota State University officials announced Saturday morning gifts totaling $6 million from the Dykhouse family and T. Denny Sanford to begin construction of a student-athlete development center on the Brookings campus.

The Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center will be located in the north end zone of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. Preliminary components of the facility include a football locker room and football coaches’ offices, as well as strength and conditioning facilities, athletic training facilities and an academic center for all Jackrabbit teams. Further donations would allow for the addition of coaching offices and team meeting areas for a number of other SDSU teams.

“These extraordinary gifts will allow our student-athletes to reach their full potential for decades to come,” SDSU Director of Athletics Fred Oien said.

On Friday, the South Dakota Board of Regents approved the new facility to be named in honor of the Dykhouse family. Dana Dykhouse, who currently serves as president and chief executive officer of First PREMIER Bank in Sioux Falls, is a 1979 graduate of SDSU and former Jackrabbbit football player. His wife, LaDawn, also is a 1979 graduate of SDSU. They have two children, including son, Dan, who lettered in football for the Jackrabbits from 2004-06.

Dana Dykhouse currently serves as chairman of the SDSU Athletics Champions Council and is a past chairman of the SDSU Foundation Board of Directors. In addition, he has served as chairman of the Sioux Falls Development Foundation, the Sioux Empire United Way Campaign and Junior Achievement of South Dakota.
                        Sanford owns First PREMIER Bank, along with the Premier BANKCARD credit card company, which together employ more than 2,500 people. In 2002, Sanford co-founded First PREMIER Capital in Minneapolis, which is engaged in the business of commercial equipment leasing. He remains active in the financial institutions and Threshold Ventures, a venture capital company he founded.

To read the entire article here is the link.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1321053

It is a good day to be a jackrabbit!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I'm told the ask(s) are out for the other $6 million. They're confident they'll get it.

Next project: Football stadium. Paging Mr. Sanford...
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've gotta think a HUGE win like the NDSU football game has got to be good for building momentum for donations...

Comment

Bump.

One thing I should mention is that while the ask is out for the rest for the building, there are no guarantees and they'll need another $3 million to equip the building properly on top of the $6 to $12 million for the building.

A little more clarification: At $6 million, the building would be football only. $12 million makes it a home for all outdoor sports. The other $3 million would fill it with top-notch equipment.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X