Chris Wagner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Wagner

How does one cover the 6'6"NFL Prospect Tight End?

Teams are still trying to figure that one out. Southern Utah and NDSU has one last shot to figure it out.
    This has been a fun year to watch Chris grow on and off the field as a person. Coach Stig is not afraid to say he asks a lot more from Chris Wagner than he did from Steve Heiden. Last week I told him if he gets 2 more TDs this year I owe him a steak dinner. Can't wait for the last two games of the year.

Re: Chris Wagner

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    Coach Stig is not afraid to say he asks a lot more from Chris Wagner than he did from Steve Heiden.
    I will simply say that I'm happy that Wagner has come on as the season has progressed. I hope that he is as physically gifted and mentally ready to take a shot at the NFL as Steve was.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Good luck to Chris. Hope he does get his chance to play on Sundays. It would nice to have an NFL player from BHS. That would be a first. The way our guys have played in the last three games I dont see any let down.

Comment

Coach Stig is not afraid to say he asks a lot more from Chris Wagner than he did from Steve Heiden.
        Chris is a hell of a player, no doubt. May be a little early to compare him to Steve, though. Steve's in the top ten all-time in receptions for SDSU. He accomplished this while blocking for a running back who ended up with some pretty decent numbers of his own. He followed that up with an NFL career which is currently into its 9th season and counting (recent 3 year extension signed this summer). I hope Chris gets to that level someday. He's been used more in the last 3 weeks and it's about time. He's a big weapon, but seems to have been underutilized this season. I don't mean to get Catchemall started on that subject, but I'm sure I just did.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          I don't mean to get Catchemall started on that subject, but I'm sure I just did.

What, me get worked up over discussion about tight ends at SDSU? Never.

Acutally, you should have seen the response that I didn't post. Let's just say I've learned my lesson and will keep my feelings in check a little better

I will add this though, watched the Browns/Seahawks game yesterday, Steve was a manimal on some key runs down the stretch. Must have learned blocking like that years ago in his first two seasons at SDSU
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

For those who forgot, Wags as a freshman came in at 200 pounds, by his sophomore year he was 253. Not bad for a skinny basketball kid from Brookings High School huh?
            His hard work over the past five seasons have paid off well. If Jaron is hurt to the point that he can't play these next two games everyone has to step up big. And it is debatable that he is our second big passing threat after Jaron. Look forward to watching him and the rest of the team finish off the season strong with a conference championship.

Comment

For those who forgot, Wags as a freshman came in at 200 pounds, by his sophomore year he was 253. Not bad for a skinny basketball kid from Brookings High School huh?
              His hard work over the past five seasons have paid off well. If Jaron is hurt to the point that he can't play these next two games everyone has to step up big. And it is debatable that he is our second big passing threat after Jaron. Look forward to watching him and the rest of the team finish off the season strong with a conference championship.
              What's the latest on Jaron?
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

From Terry's blog
                "Leading receiver JaRon Harris is officially listed as questionable for this week due to a lower leg injury, but he was taken out of the Central Arkansas game primarily as a precaution"

Comment

How about that 55 yrd tightline walking touchdown yesturday? Bison better get their act together, he is Jacked to kick the crap outta the Bison.

Comment

NDSU has some tough cookies on D like Joe Mays, would like to see if Mays could bring Chris down. I think Mays is a Linebacker so there might be some contact. One one of Wagner's receptions yesterday, the SUU guy got a stiff arm when trying to tackle Wagner. I bet that felt good. LOL.

Comment

Coming out of high school, Jackrabbit football standout Chris Wagner was considered more of a basketball player and was built for that sport.

That was five years ago. Now he is ranked as one of the top 20 senior tight ends on many NFL draft sites.

"I think it's a huge pat on his back to go from a skinny basketball player at Brookings High to being looked at as a potential NFL player," says SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier.

So far Wagner has not been distracted by the glamour that comes with a potential NFL draft option. "I don't let that affect me at all," Wagner said. "I know there is some interest. I just go out there and try to make plays, whether it is blocking or receiving."

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3111290.shtml
                      Read More Here

Comment

Just passing on the word from Wags:

He signed a few weeks ago with the same agent as wide receiver Steve Smith.

He leaves Sunday for 8 weeks of training down in Reno, while managing some online classes. Will have 6 days of training followed by a day off.

Periodic updates can be posted if anyone is interested.

Good Luck Wags.

Comment

I think we'd all appreciate a periodic update Blue Hat. It's interesting to see what the preparation is for the draft, free agency, what ever comes Wagner's way.

Comment

Last winter I watched some of the preparation for the combines as well as some live coverage of the combines on the NFL Network. This is very interesting to watch and was surprised how little techinque some of the better college players had. Interested in following Wags.

Keep us updated Blue...

Comment

Wags first week of training is done.
                              He is training with a D-End from Colorado State.
                              Sounds really pumped up about the training.
                              Staying in a decent place that has a jacuzzi in the room.
                              Glad to know he has Jackrabbit fans rooting him on.

Comment

Working...
                              X