Mitchell paper opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell paper opinion

The Daily Republic in Mitchell has an editorial supporting the D1 move.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...ection=Opinion

Re: Mitchell paper opinion

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
    The Daily Republic in Mitchell has an editorial supporting the D1 move.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...ection=Opinion
    This is a great editorial folks...if you frequent this fan board often and haven't read this already, do it now. It will make you feel pround!

Comment

"We are what we thought we would be!!" You can quote me on than. I share their opinion and hope another editorial extolling even greater accomplishments will be published in another several years.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU IS doing well with the transition. Like any evaluation that has occurred in our transition, State comes out smelling like McCrory Gardens.....Not like by the pig unit (which is thankfully about 2 miles from anybody).

It has been a delight to see the Jacks' successes. Both on the competitive field, but especially in the classroom.

Is the editor at Mitchell Daily Republic another example of the fine SDSU Journalism dept. success? If so, then not super surprising. If not, then it's great that how well the Rabbits are runnin' is recognized.

Comment

Didn't have time to read this yesterday so looked at it this AM. What a pleasant change from being raked over by many local newspapers in the last few years. Kudos to the Mithcell Republic on this editorial opinion. I have to agree with MD about "We are exactly where we thought we would be". Dr. Oien reflected these exact thoughts a few weeks ago when I talked to him at a FB game. The Carr report has given them no surprises and I thank the athletic department for their vision and working the plan given to them.

Comment

No disagreement with the editoral here and fact, I dont think the writer is a USD grad or maybe he/she is. At least credit given were credit is due.

One thing that could have been included in the editoral and I guess one would could easy over look it, is that at D1, as opposed to D2, the academic requirements are higher and they work in favor of the student athlete in that he has to progress towards a degree in order to retain his eligibilty. Also I understand that at SDSU there are more study tables and study groups for student athletes than ever before. Often the coaching staff are involved in running these affairs. So the notion about academics going down hill by going D1, is totally false. These things are part of the certification process in which they have to be establish to begin with and that is the real purpose of the peer review group, and every four years the peer review group will make visits to ensure the institution is following these plans and requirements that enrich the academic life of the student athlete.

Comment

Working...
            X