X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern

Originally posted by PX View Post
    Just a thought?

Has anyone even scored on the Jackrabbits the past two games?

Man, talk about domination.....

I just hope our little runts aren't so scared of the big boys from out West that they won't even come out of the fieldhouse.....

Come on down!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Can't you just imagine our 5'3" quarterback, Jayson Foster, peeking out of the field house and upon seeing the Jacks pregame warmup saying: "holy crap guys.. Those guys from SD are NFL size! I'm not going out there and let them screw my small butt into a hole in the ground.. You guys are on your on!"
    Its on, on like Donkey Kong! I'd love to see Batten, Bonwell, Schroeder, etc.. light Foster up. Can't wait for Saturday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem View Post
      Not too quick on our being dominated. It looks like it could turn out to be a matchup of size vs. speed. I think we will have a tough time handling your size. Our defense has given up lots of yardage and points and I don't see much change there. However, I think we have the speed to give you fits. We are no ordinary running team. We lead the FCS (and I believe all D-I) in rushing. I also predict a shootout. Your team is too good to think we can shut you down.
      A couple of other things to consider, the game time temperatures are expected to be in the 90's and, even though it hasn't been the same advantage it normally is, the game is at OUR HOUSE. It is rare we are blown out at home.
      I look foward to meeting many of you Saturday.
      SDSU will look similiar to last year's NDSU team that invaded Paulson. Fortunately, the Eagles have a decent coach this year. However, IMHO the Jacks will succeed in running down the Eagles, especially the running game to pull out a win. If Jacks get a +2 turnover, this could be a 14 point game. Close game if no turnover difference, and an Eagles win if they get the +2 turnover margin. We put a LOT of points on the board off the foot of Parker Douglass. That's an advantage that SDSU can exploit and most other teams don't have a compariable kicker.

If any team handled the Eagles last year, at Paulson, it was the Bison. This Jacks team is better than the Jacks team that pushed the Bison to the hilt last year. I foresee a great, competitive game, but with the Rabbits running off the field with the W.

Comment

Is it a southern charm thing to play the Lou Holtz card? "Shucks, we're going to be lucky to keep this thing withing 30. I'm not even sure our QB will want to play." If it is, I love it. PX, I will definitely take my lumps if my feelings on the game prove to be incorrect. I'll even stop by your fansite to let you get your shots in there. Nothing but class from y'all in GA and I mean nothing but the same from my end. I just like our chances. We're a team with a lot of momentum and a QB who seems to be hitting his stride right now. I am very excited that I get to watch the game via the internet. Should be a great game.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Not really a "southern charm" thing. He is always that way. He avoids trash talk. Y'all are right about the turnovers. If we drop the football, we will lose.

Comment

Not really a "southern charm" thing. He is always that way. He avoids trash talk.

Killem:

That's about the nicest thing I've heard since Jeanette (my HS girlfriend) told me she was mistaken and not really pregnant lo those many years ago...

Thanks!

J.Pomeroy

Comment

You're welcome, sir.

Comment

You're welcome, sir.

DeJavu' -

That's just what Jeanette said!
                (excluding the "sir part").....

JP

Comment

Last Saturday, the Stephen F Austin coach, a former player of Lou Holtz was mystified by an old fashion 30 mph Dakota wind. He cut back on his offensive game because of the horrible wind.

My mind is wondering, will the 90 degree temps affect our SDSU guys? I hope we get plenty of time to acclimate this difference in temps. Its been awhile up here since it was in the 90's, like on Sept 15th and it was a Sunday, and our guys did not practice. I hoping Stig does not see this a serious factor sufficient to affect the game plan.

It looks like we need to bring plenty of salt pills and I imagine you guys will furnish the water. I hope a smaller travel squad is not the difference. I think our guys need to come in play no matter how humid or hot the temp is. An air conditioned dome would be nice though, any chance one can be built by Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    An air conditioned dome would be nice though, any chance one can be built by Saturday?

I'm on it!

JP

Comment

PX is a tool.
                      he's one of those "nice" guys who will smile with his arm around you, just before inserting the knife in your back.

The real reason you all are getting the Lou Holtz treatment is because, deep down, all of us Georgia southern fans know that we are still not very good yet. If you have any sort of a team at all, you should beat us pretty easily.
                      Give it time though. Hatcher will have us back to elite status by 2009.

Go Eagles
                      www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Comment

Weather update, 40% chance of rain, high of 84.

Comment

Weather update, 40% chance of rain, high of 84.
                          Same as the forecast in Milwaukee minus the rain (and our high is supposed to be 85). I don't think weather will be a factor.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Forecast for Brookings this Saturday...81 degrees and humid/rainy.

By game time last Saturday in Brookings it was at least 80 degrees with a nice breeze(if you're from SD) typhoon(if you were from SFA), low humidity...I didn't seem to notice an effect...at least for the Jacks!

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by GSUisYourDad View Post
                              PX is a tool.
                              he's one of those "nice" guys who will smile with his arm around you, just before inserting the knife in your back.
                              www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Only one persons back opie....

Haven't seen your crap over on TSC for a while, why is that?

As Always to you -

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Comment

I love it when our opponets fans start smacking each other around. I really mean that because it is entertaining and a break from the norm. I don't care if they mean it or not.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X