0-3???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0-3???

UNO you are making fun of an 0-3 team that has played 3 tough teams 3 teams that would kick any D-II team into last week. Your football program was in the discussion of getting shut down. Your record crowd is 13,000 and you are in a city of 500,000 and a metro area of 900,000. The crowd at SDSU this weekend which most consider disappointment would be on your top 10. SDSU is located in Brookings SD a city of what 19,000. So why doesn't anybody support UNO o ya because there is Football program called the Cornhuskers and a basketball program called Creighton. So all of you UNO fans you need to realize that you wish you were 0-3 in D-I with SDSU's support then 3-0 in D-II with what little support you guys receive.

Comment

Welcome back Mavpower!! Somebody's ranked #1

College Sports Report Ranks Mavs No. 1

Maverick football is numero UNO in CollegeSportsReport.com's opinion. The private poll gives UNO its first No. 1 ranking in a poll since 1980 this week after the Mavericks' 45-10 win over Western Washington. UNO, now 3-0, will play at Augustana Saturday at 6 p.m. in Sioux Falls, S.D.

In other polls, D2Football.com has the Mavs remaining at No. 5 and the American Football Coaches Association has UNO up to No. 6 from last week's No. 8. The Football Gazette also ranks UNO No. 5.

The polls:

College SportsReport.com Top 10
      1 Nebraska-Omaha 3-0
      2. Grand Valley State, 2-0
      3. North Dakota 3-0
      4. Valdosta State 2-0
      5. Chadron State 3-0
      6. Delta State 2-0
      7. Tarleton State 3-0
      8. West Texas A&M 3-0
      9. North Alabama 2-0
      10. Tuskegee 2-0

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks_Rock View Post
        Welcome back Mavpower!! Somebody's ranked #1

College Sports Report Ranks Mavs No. 1

Maverick football is numero UNO in CollegeSportsReport.com's opinion. The private poll gives UNO its first No. 1 ranking in a poll since 1980 this week after the Mavericks' 45-10 win over Western Washington. UNO, now 3-0, will play at Augustana Saturday at 6 p.m. in Sioux Falls, S.D.

In other polls, D2Football.com has the Mavs remaining at No. 5 and the American Football Coaches Association has UNO up to No. 6 from last week's No. 8. The Football Gazette also ranks UNO No. 5.
        Wow, and still Chadron State gets more ink in Nebraska than uno.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

So Maverick Rocks and Mav Power without a doubt in my mind are the same person. How many accounts does this nasty Maverick guy have? This harassment stuff has gone on for a long time and its about time to turn this over to the FBI, or better yet we will contract with NBC and have a Dateline Chris Hansen set up a sting and catch these guys.

Comment

The postings on this board make up 97.38% of all media attention that UNO gets. It's only pathological jealousy that keeps the Mavbots posting here.

Comment

Either that or they're lousy stinking trolls!

So where's the big ESPN coverage about your #1 ranking? Are you even on the front page of the World-Herald? There's probably still more coverage today about the Huskers getting pasted by USC than about your pitiful little athletics program.

Never forget that!

Here's hoping you STILL have a football program in the future! The only thing your team is good for is glomming off of the Husker's glory.

I wonder... does UNO's student paper pay more attention to the Huskers than it's own teams?

Before I forget... last year, we also started 0-3... but we then finished 7-4, conference runner-up and a top-25 Division One ranking. UNO got a "participant" ribbon from the NCC!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                last year, we also started 0-3... but we then finished 7-4, conference runner-up and a top-25 Division One ranking.
                conference runner up huh? Always the bride's maid never the bride. That must really suck. Don't you feel like an old maid that no one wants to marry. Must suck always being left at the altar!!

Comment

Did I forget to mention that it was a DIVISION ONE conference?

Never answered my question about the World-Herald... What? Isn't the fact you're the TOP RANKED team in the nation impressive enough for the W-H?

Oh wait, you're only division 2... you don't matter.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

From JackJD, Moderator: I posted to the Announcements section, a notice that the following users have been banned:

mavpower1
                    Mavericks_Rock
                    Mavs Rule
                    UNO Rocks

Some of you have wondered whether it's the same person and it appears that is the case. We're doing some additional digging and may trim a few more of his progeny.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

So Mavpowder and Mavs Drool are the same person???

Boy, talk about your split personalities!

Does this mean I win the smackdown? LOL
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You are declared the winner.

Comment

The two sweetest words in the English Language...

DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT! lol
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            UNO you are making fun of an 0-3 team that has played 3 tough teams 3 teams that would kick any D-II team into last week. Your football program was in the discussion of getting shut down. Your record crowd is 13,000 and you are in a city of 500,000 and a metro area of 900,000. The crowd at SDSU this weekend which most consider disappointment would be on your top 10. SDSU is located in Brookings SD a city of what 19,000. So why doesn't anybody support UNO o ya because there is Football program called the Cornhuskers and a basketball program called Creighton. So all of you UNO fans you need to realize that you wish you were 0-3 in D-I with SDSU's support then 3-0 in D-II with what little support you guys receive.
                            hmmm UNI would kick any team into last week? Interesting that you would say that considering that last week, or last year (if you may) they lost to that "any D-II team" as you would say. They also had a tough time putting away a bottom feeder NCC team this year as well.

If you put UNO and SDSU on a neutral field I am taking UNO to win that game. SDSU would likely finish between 3rd and 5th in the NCC as it is now and as SDSU is now.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              hmmm UNI would kick any team into last week? Interesting that you would say that considering that last week, or last year (if you may) they lost to that "any D-II team" as you would say. They also had a tough time putting away a bottom feeder NCC team this year as well.

If you put UNO and SDSU on a neutral field I am taking UNO to win that game. SDSU would likely finish between 3rd and 5th in the NCC as it is now and as SDSU is now.
                              Keep living in your dream world, puppy-fan!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

I love how you base how good USD is on another team, UND. Can we declare how strong SDSU's FB program is based on NDSU. They went 1-1 against FBS (I-A) teams last year and should have went 2-0, so with your logic FCS is as good as FBS. I suppose you will say now that since UNI beat Iowa State and Iowa State beat Iowa that Iowa and Iowa State would finish middle of the pack in the NCC. Once again if the NCC is so great why will it be six feet under in one year? It decided to dissolve when USD decided to go D-1.
                                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X