Problems that we've seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems that we've seen

johnnyjackrabbit is back (changed from sdhistorian)

Comment

Ah, I feel better already. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Hey...thanks Filbert! Got another one for you. I get that 60 second message and wait xxxxxxxxxx seconds. Can you fix that in the database? Hope to see you along the way.
        OK, give it another try . . .

Comment

AdminHare: Thanks for the fix...works now!

Comment

Not a problem but I didn't see a suggestion forum. Is there a way to mark forums read automatically? Most of the other forums do so after I have visited the site.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
              Not a problem but I didn't see a suggestion forum. Is there a way to mark forums read automatically? Most of the other forums do so after I have visited the site.
              The forum logos are yellow with unread messages and turn gray when there are no unread messages. If you hit the reload button, does it make a difference? They won't always turn for me, but then I'm fond of using the forward and back buttons which don't refresh the page view. If I refresh the page, I get the correct view.

If none of that applies, please elaborate on what you're experiencing and I'll try to figure out what's going on.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

test post from filbert . . . nothing to see here :-)
                This space for lease.

Comment

Don't know if this is happening to anybody else, but when I send a private message (two times today), I get a message "Stack overflow at line 0). I pressed the OK button and it returned me to the message, which then read "Please wait 53...etc. seconds to send a message. I waited and they both went through the second time. Is there a limit to the length of private messages? Both were fairly long. Just wanted to let you know.

Comment

Should have included that when I try to send a private message, it requires me to log in, even though I have already logged in. Not a problem if that is the way it works, but again, wanted to mention it.

Comment

Don't know if this is happening to anybody else, but when I send a private message (two times today), I get a message "Stack overflow at line 0). I pressed the OK button and it returned me to the message, which then read "Please wait 53...etc. seconds to send a message. I waited and they both went through the second time. Is there a limit to the length of private messages? Both were fairly long. Just wanted to let you know.
                      Yes there is a size limit on PM's. Don't recall what it is off the top of my head, though.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks Filbert. Will experiment in the future.

Comment

Thanks Filbert. Will experiment in the future.
                          The limit on PM's is 5000 characters . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well,that wasn't fun.

My hosting provider did something that broke stuff. We've been down for about four hours, give or take, this afternoon.

Apparently they fixed it. I'm waiting with baited breath to find out what the problem was . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The official word from our hosting provider was that a "library got corrupted" i.e. some files got messed up. It was in one of the server libraries, not the board software, so it's officially "not my fault."

It took my hosting provider a while to figure out what was wrong but they did, and we're back in the game again.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Troubles PM'ing today. Anyone else??
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X