Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reputation

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
    They probably just forgot to click on the negative rep points.....
    I know, and I'm the dumb a**?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Some one gave me positive rep points, and the only comment was "Dumb a**"

Made me laugh.

A quick edit: Some one negative repped me for this post stating "Complaning about people dinging you makes me ding you again."

I just wanted to respond to the person, but it was anonymous, so I'm posting it here. Mods can delete this if they want.

1) I didn't complain, because I don't care.
      2) No one "dinged" me. It was a positive rep. I stated that in my post.
      3) I honestly don't care about "rep points" or what anyone on this board thinks (no offense) cause I don't know any of you guys. (Thankfully )
      4) I only posted it here because I found it funny and ironic that the poster gave me positive rep and called me a "dumb a**" at the same time.
      Then why did you post it. You're entire post seems like you didn't understand.

Comment

I love the posts that get 2 anonymous demerits and 3 or 4 identified positive reps. That's when I know I've touched on a hot topic.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

ok this is just a question, over the course of my time here on the board I have revieved a couple positive reps from people, the thing is I generally find a way to give back, but this board doesn't allow you to see the poster that gave you the rep unless they type it into the comment line. Bisonville and AGS shows A) which post they repped you on B) time and date C) poster who gave the rep D) and the comment line.

Just a suggestion it would help people return any positive comments

and thanks to all who have been generous to me from a another school
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            ok this is just a question, over the course of my time here on the board I have revieved a couple positive reps from people, the thing is I generally find a way to give back, but this board doesn't allow you to see the poster that gave you the rep unless they type it into the comment line. Bisonville and AGS shows A) which post they repped you on B) time and date C) poster who gave the rep D) and the comment line.

Just a suggestion it would help people return any positive comments

and thanks to all who have been generous to me from a another school
            I suppose there's a fiddly bit somewhere in the configuration of the board where you tell it that reputation is anonymous or not. I might go take a look, I guess . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I suppose there's a fiddly bit somewhere in the configuration of the board where you tell it that reputation is anonymous or not. I might go take a look, I guess . . .
              OK, I found the fiddly bit, and changed it so that people should be able to see who's giving out the reputation hits--positive and negative--now.

We'll see how it goes . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK, I found the fiddly bit, and changed it so that people should be able to see who's giving out the reputation hits--positive and negative--now.

So for goons and the like who dont get reputation, its not really going to make a difference eh?

thank you, ill be here all night, try the cheesy patatos they are the best.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Cool thanks Filbert, I just like the fact it gives me the chance to thank people who liked or in some cases dislike what I posted.
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

and it appears to be retroactive... nice! as I recently received neg rep points for a post anonymously... not anymore.

Comment

same here slosho, I wondered what dumbass would give neg rep points and have their reason be "because I can". Now I know.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

one question on how the rep pts work...
                        When i get a positive rep from someone it adds more than one..is there a set value? any Idea why it is more than one? or is it like starting you checks out with #101... just curious

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          one question on how the rep pts work...
                          When i get a positive rep from someone it adds more than one..is there a set value? any Idea why it is more than one? or is it like starting you checks out with #101... just curious
                          It either has to do with how many posts you have or how much rep you have. I think it is rep.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            It either has to do with how many posts you have or how much rep you have. I think it is rep.
                            The amount of reputation "power" you have depends on your number of posts.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The amount of reputation "power" you have depends on your number of posts.

Ok that seems weird, for Instance I have 65,900 some Rep points on BV, i didn't gain the power to alter anyones rep till I got alot of points, and starting out had more posts than points. The only way my point total increases is if someone hits me with Pos rep (espescially TAB my god that guy must have 100,000 plus points). Is it a board setting on how you earn?

I guess another way to explain if I get Pos rep from someone with 3,000 posts and only 3 or 4 green chicklets it doesn't bump me as high as someone with 300 posts and full bar of green chicks
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                Ok that seems weird, for Instance I have 65,900 some Rep points on BV, i didn't gain the power to alter anyones rep till I got alot of points, and starting out had more posts than points. The only way my point total increases is if someone hits me with Pos rep (espescially TAB my god that guy must have 100,000 plus points). Is it a board setting on how you earn?

I guess another way to explain if I get Pos rep from someone with 3,000 posts and only 3 or 4 green chicklets it doesn't bump me as high as someone with 300 posts and full bar of green chicks
                                I was partially right . . . it's a combination of how long since you're user id was created, how many posts, and how much reputation you've already gained--a mixture of the three.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X