No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reputation

Apparently some people are bitter towards some posters after this doozy I got?
    3,400 posts in two and a half years......you need a life.....douche bag.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      awesome
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Read my signature line, learn it, live it, love it.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm guessing this is a case where the more you complain about your reputation the more people like the one who dinged you before will do it again.

I agree it's completely lame and undeserved, but I'm not sure complaining about it will help you much.

Just MHO.

Comment

I have seen on AGS where when you rep someone positive or negative that your screen name automatically populates in that person's rep tally.

Mods - any chance of that happening here? That would atleast keep the unknown assaults from happening.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Not sure...will check it out. We haven't had too many problems (South Dakota State "nice", I guess) but I think the comment made to Bluehat was unwarranted and I'll have a private chat with the person who gave the neg rep.

I am uncertain whether Moderators can erase a negative rep point but we can edit the accompanying comments...and I did.

I've spent a significant part of my morning dealing with jerks (job security for lawyers, I guess) and I am less tolerant this noon hour as I quickly go through new posts.

Back to the sandbox, everybody, and play nice. We are here because we are Jackrabbit fans.

Get to Brookings tomorrow! It's only my second game (my excuse is perfectly legitimate: the only reason I've missed football games this year is because I have been at a different Jackrabbit sporting event).

JackJD

Comment

Sounds like something my mom once said to me (just the last part). Man, she can be mean sometimes.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  Sounds like something my mom once said to me (just the last part). Man, she can be mean sometimes.
                  Even more awesome
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

When I was 12 and my brother was 8 he called me a douche in front of my mom. I thought the poor kid wasn't going to come out alive.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                      I have seen on AGS where when you rep someone positive or negative that your screen name automatically populates in that person's rep tally.

Mods - any chance of that happening here? That would atleast keep the unknown assaults from happening.
                      I would agree. I always put my screen name on there when I give reps or negs.

Comment

I think I might have everybody beat.... I'll admit a fair share of my neg's are deserved but these are some of the ones I get

About movies I got this one... "You are an absolute moron....get a life loser. And GET OFF THE SDSU BOARD."

This was about an alternative to the bailout... "You are a complete douche bag. Please save us the pain of reading your retarded posts and quit posting here. Post on your blog which no one reads." He apparently reads it a lot as he replied to it again with another similar response.

I actually think that the 3 of them were from the same guy but I don't know..... Its getting kinda retarded.... i don't have a problem when I say something dumb and deserve it but when its about a movies it gets a little old.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          I think I might have everybody beat.... I'll admit a fair share of my neg's are deserved but these are some of the ones I get

About movies I got this one... "You are an absolute moron....get a life loser. And GET OFF THE SDSU BOARD."

This was about an alternative to the bailout... "You are a complete douche bag. Please save us the pain of reading your retarded posts and quit posting here. Post on your blog which no one reads." He apparently reads it a lot as he replied to it again with another similar response.

I actually think that the 3 of them were from the same guy but I don't know..... Its getting kinda retarded.... i don't have a problem when I say something dumb and deserve it but when its about a movies it gets a little old.....
                          add another one.... Its bad enough that your reason is "douche" to give neg rep points but at least put your name behind it.... I'll say it again like I've said it before, I post plenty of things that deserve a neg ratings, but I ask for a reason, "douche" is not a reason......

Comment

that's funny stuff. I'm just surprised the person spelled douche right (unless you corrected his spelling).
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Some one gave me positive rep points, and the only comment was "Dumb a**"

Made me laugh.

A quick edit: Some one negative repped me for this post stating "Complaning about people dinging you makes me ding you again."

I just wanted to respond to the person, but it was anonymous, so I'm posting it here. Mods can delete this if they want.

1) I didn't complain, because I don't care.
                              2) No one "dinged" me. It was a positive rep. I stated that in my post.
                              3) I honestly don't care about "rep points" or what anyone on this board thinks (no offense) cause I don't know any of you guys. (Thankfully )
                              4) I only posted it here because I found it funny and ironic that the poster gave me positive rep and called me a "dumb a**" at the same time.
                              Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 12-16-2008, 11:26 PM.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                                Some one gave me positive rep points, and the only comment was "Dumb a**"

Made me laugh.

A quick edit: Some one negative repped me for this post stating "Complaning about people dinging you makes me ding you again."

I just wanted to respond to the person, but it was anonymous, so I'm posting it here. Mods can delete this if they want.

1) I didn't complain, because I don't care.
                                2) No one "dinged" me. It was a positive rep. I stated that in my post.
                                3) I honestly don't care about "rep points" or what anyone on this board thinks (no offense) cause I don't know any of you guys. (Thankfully )
                                4) I only posted it here because I found it funny and ironic that the poster gave me positive rep and called me a "dumb a**" at the same time.

They probably just forgot to click on the negative rep points.....

Comment

Working...
                                X