Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, it's fun to put people in your ignore list, but why not play with them first, while also giving some of your favorite posters pats on the back.

Up on the title bar of each post is a little balance-scale icon. You can add reputation points to the author of your favorite posts (and take them away from your less favorites). Over time, the entire board community will determine who knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't.

Try it!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Reputation

You might want to jumpstart everyone by giving them 10pts. Reputation only counts if the person giving it has 10pts or more. Since everyone currently has 0pts, we'll all be spinning our wheels. It took a week or so over at Bisonville until we figured it out. The rep system still hasn't taken off over there; I don't think anyone has gotten to the second green dot(50pts).

Comment

Did you bump everyone's up to 10 to start with? Or did I actually get some rep points?

Would be a bit surprising, but just checking.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
        Did you bump everyone's up to 10 to start with? Or did I actually get some rep points?

Would be a bit surprising, but just checking.
        yep, folks got an initial bump.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Green=good rep
            Red=bad rep
            Gray??

Comment

I've noticed that as well and have never been able to figure out what the deal is there. Rep points (green) for bringing it up!

Comment

Gray = person does not have 50 posts, so rep doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  Gray = person does not have 50 posts, so rep doesn't count.
                  I actually get rep points and it's not any good! Now that's funny!

Thanks BHM. I'll spread the green your way!

Comment

I think we have a troll on the board that's messing with people's rep points... especially over on the Football board.

You don't like a story or what a person says, have some sack and speak up on the board! Unless you're chicken!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      I think we have a troll on the board that's messing with people's rep points... especially over on the Football board.

You don't like a story or what a person says, have some sack and speak up on the board! Unless you're chicken!
                      Well it certainly isn't me. I don't even know how to give people rep points etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        Well it certainly isn't me. I don't even know how to give people rep points etc.
                        No boxer I dont think it was you. I think you would have courage enough to leave your handle or name if you gave me negative points.

But I dont think I whined about the negatives and I really dont care, but I do resent the vindicitive and nameless person who left me this message and a few negs.

"All this damn whining about getting negative rep is annoying."

Annoying to who? You failed to state your handle and if you were a real person of substance I dont think you would have any problem doing that. Maybe I am just a little idealisitic, but I dont really appreciate cowards either so take all the points from me you like. I am curious though and would like to know who I offend and I will gladly discuss it off the board.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          No boxer I dont think it was you. I think you would have courage enough to leave your handle or name if you gave me negative points. But I dont think I whined about the negatives and I really dont care, but I do resent those vindicitive and nameless person who left me this message and a few negs.

"All this damn whining about getting negative rep is annoying."

Annoying to who? You failed to state your handle and if you were a real person of substance I dont think you would have any problem doing that. Maybe I am just a little idealisitic, but I dont really appreciate cowards either so take all the points from me you like. I am curious though and would like to know who I offend and I will gladly discuss it off the board.
                          Hey Nidaros, we have disagreed on some things but I respect your opinions. I also have noticed you know a lot more about SDSU history than I do. I also thoroughly enjoy reading other opinions regardless of whether I agree or not.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            Hey Nidaros, we have disagreed on some things but I respect your opinions. I also have noticed you know a lot more about SDSU history than I do. I also thoroughly enjoy reading other opinions regardless of whether I agree or not.
                            Boxer Boy:
                            Thank you Boxer Boy. The last few sentences of my prior post were not intented to be directed to you, but were aimed at this nameless troll who is giving out negs at random just to irrate people. I hope you recognized that. If not, my apologies.

I enjoy your comments on NW Iowa and Michigan.

Comment

I expect dissenting opinions but find it childish to give negative rep points because you disagree with someone. Reply with a post or send a PM so reasonable discourse can occur. Just my opinion on the matter.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X