X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway TV deal

I saw this over on the Bison board:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...se,73257.shtml

Gateway Football Conference and America Channel Announce Sports Broadcast and Content Cooperation Agreement

ST. LOUIS and HEATHROW, Fla., March 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Gateway Football Conference and the America Channel announced today that they have entered into a comprehensive video sports broadcast and content cooperation agreement. The new partnership includes extensive television coverage of Gateway football games. . . .

"The Gateway Football Conference partnership enhances our presence in key Midwestern markets, where football and the Gateway member institutions are a part of life," stated Doron Gorshein, CEO of the America Channel. "The schools and their football programs have rich histories and extremely loyal followings. We look forward to bringing Gateway football to communities throughout the region."

The America Channel has now partnered with 14 NCAA Division I Conferences, previously announcing sports broadcast and content relationships with Big South Conference, Southern Conference, Big West Conference, Colonial Athletic Association, Big Sky Conference, America East Conference, Patriot League, Ivy League, Atlantic Sun Conference, Sun Belt Conference, Southland Conference, and Northeast Conference. . . .

About the Gateway Football Conference

Headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., the Gateway Football Conference is one of the elite FCS conferences in the nation. Last season, four Gateway teams were ranked in the season-ending top-25 poll, while a minimum of two Gateway teams have made the FCS playoffs in each of the past 12 seasons, including three in 2006, and a record-setting four teams in 2003. Gateway teams have appeared in four national championship games, winning twice, and a Gateway team has reached the semifinals in eight of the past 11 years. The Gateway Football Conference is Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, and Youngstown State. New members, beginning in 2008, include North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

About The America Channel

The America Channel(R) is a new sports and lifestyle television programming network. Its SportsLife (TM) initiative combines broadcast of over 500 NCAA Division I sports games, with real-life storytelling about student athletes. (read more)

Go State!

Re: Gateway TV deal

More info on Gateway broadcasts (it is for '06 but it will give you an idea of what they have done in the past):

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticl...;ATCLID=530360

Go State!  

Comment

It looks like the America Channel is being organized by the telephone companies as they roll out their TV packages to compete with cable and satellite.

Looks like it's time to write your cable/satellite providers and ask them to carry the America Channel.

(I just sent a note off to DirecTV . . . )
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        It looks like the America Channel is being organized by the telephone companies as they roll out their TV packages to compete with cable and satellite.

Looks like it's time to write your cable/satellite providers and ask them to carry the America Channel.

Maybe the new Swiftel fiber service in Brookings will offer the America Channel.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Any idea how many games will be aired?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

DirecTV sent me back a form e-mail saying "we have no plans blah blah blah . . . " Just means I'll have to ask again, louder.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I know Direct TV almost begs once you cancel your service.

Comment

So does dish network

Comment

Just sent an email to midcont cable. Will let you know what their reaction is.

Comment

Thank you for your request to add The America Channel to the channel
                    line-up. Our Programming Department will carefully consider your request
                    when it is time to review channel changes. We are always open for
                    suggestions and ideas to better ourselves as a company. Thank you for
                    choosing Midcontinent Communications as your cable provider.

Best regards,

Midcontinent Customer Service
                    1-800-888-1300

This is the email I received from Midcontinent Cable. I assume if they are over run with request they will have no choice but to address this issue. So please go to http://www.midcocomm.com/CustomerService/ContactUs/ and file out the form. Lets see if we can get these guys to wake up.

Comment

I just sent them an email and encourage others to do the same.

Comment

I'll do the same with Charter
                        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Done for Midcontinent.

Comment

I'll give Prairiewave a heads up when I have the chance. It would be nice to watch the Jacks when they are on the road.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It appears that the Gateway isn't the only conference the Jacks will be participating in that has a deal with America Channel. Our friends at the Mid-Con have just followed suit.

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4701

It will only be a matter of time before this channel is offerec throughout SD.
                              Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X