Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU President Search

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    I know what you are all thinking, but let me squelch the rumors; I am not a candidate at this time.  Although, President 89rabbit does sound good.    ;D

Go State!  
    Hey, why would you want to take a pay cut from Global Moderator and take the SDSU Presidents position? That would show true passion for your alma mater 89rabbit!

Global Moderator, hmmmmm, sounds like a good gig if you can get it! You really can go anywhere from here!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We don't need Ben Stein. We need Ben Stein's MONEY. Hey, Ben want to make a donation?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
        We don't need Ben Stein. We need Ben Stein's MONEY. Hey, Ben want to make a donation?
        Let's talk some real money, then. How about President Trump? I can think of a few professors who probably should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
          [quote author=1bunnies link=1157486851/15#16 date=1157554714]We don't need Ben Stein. We need Ben Stein's MONEY. Hey, Ben want to make a donation?
          Let's talk some real money, then. How about President Trump? I can think of a few professors who probably should be fired.[/quote]

Interesting conjecture: which game/reality show would be most applicable to higher education?

Survivor?
          The Weakest Link?
          Hell's Kitchen? (Ooh, academics with KNIVES!!!)
          Or perhaps SuperNanny?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hmm... "Who want's to be a millionaire?"
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The list of finalists will be released at 1 p.m. Friday. On the reality show front, I would have to go with The Apprentice since (sadly) the top job of a college president in this day and age is to raise lots of money.

Comment

Anyone know what happened to jackphd? I was hoping for some insight from his perspective after the announcement, but looks like he's left the board.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                  Anyone know what happened to jackphd? I was hoping for some insight from his perspective after the announcement, but looks like he's left the board.
                  Perhaps he doesn't like it when people have as much ink as he does?

Comment

I'm thinking he's got the inside info, but since he's a university employee, he can't say anything...

But phd, there's a crisp 5-dollar bill in it for ya if you spill the beans! LOL
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

http://www.sdbor.edu/SDSUPresidentia.../finalists.htm

Comment

Here is a link from the Collegian as well: http://www.sdsucollegian.com/media/s...-2263534.shtml

Who is the favorite that everybody was referring too? I don't see one that jumps out above the others...
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Chicoine is an alum.

BTW, it's nice to see that the Collegian posted the news before the Argus

Comment

Since research is a big part of the SDSU future, I would vote for the gentleman from Mississippi State.  

David Chicoine was a finalist back when Peggy was hired so this is his second time around.
                            Nothing against Chicoine, but I would prefer new blood and not an alum.

This Chicoine family are probably very nice and bright people and well known around the state.
                            I fear if David is selected , there would be tempations to be bought out by the existing poltical people who run things but seldom are publically visible. Sometimes these people dont have SDSU at heart. I can't name names, but they are out there. The MSU guy probably would come in fresh with no baggage.

Lets get some more new blood. The MSU Bulldog guy has been everywhere and done a bunch of things. I want him personally.

Comment

Just from the bios, my favorites would be either Chicoine or Scanes.

Chicoine has the advantage of SDSU roots. At least, IMHO it's an advantage. I don't think I'm quite as paranoid as Haldersham (but as we all know, that doesn't mean they're NOT out to get us )

Scanes has the advantage of the Mississippi State cowbell tradition (every bit as rabid as SDSU's).

Marcy has an interesting past including a stint with the CIA. Looks like he's got solid technology credentials.

Pohl looks like he'd be a supporter of athletics, but I don't otherwise have a good read on him, other than he's been applying for other college presidencies (Arkansas State, at least). He doesn't appear to have a Land-Grant-oriented Curriculum Vitae, however.

To me, this looks like a very strong candidate list. Both Chicoine and Scanes have solid ag, research, and economic-development credentials--from this distance it looks like either one of those two would be my best fit as SDSU president. But I'm sure there's a lot about the men you can't gather from spending a half-hour with Google, so I'll just leave it with:

Kudos to the selection committee, and good luck to all those involved in the final interviews and the selection process. I think we'll have a good president coming in next year.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I side with Haldersham on the new blood thing. Sometimes people that are familiar with a situation aren't willing to change it / improve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X