Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pride of the Dakotas

Originally posted by NightHawk78
    [quote author=wr54 link=1163303128/30#42 date=1163787931] and USD "Dakota's Finest"-thats a title for some kind of a food product! HAHAHAHAHA 8-) 8-) 8-)
    USD's marching band is probably "Dakota's Finest" piece of crap! Seriously, their marching band is extremely pathetic compared to the Pride (I had to restrain myself from laughing when I saw them play at the DakotaDumpTM three years ago at the last SDSU-USD(d-2) game) and has to make you wonder what return on investment the taxpayers of SD are getting for having the state's "fine arts school" being located at USD.........[/quote]

Pretty sure USD is the Star of the Dakotas.

As far as music goes, Coull does it all. McKinney does a lot of the field shows and anything with the drums. Without Coull the band might collapse, in my opinion.

Coull always says if you write an arrangement he would try it out. So if there is a song you want to hear played try writing it up.

I wouldn't tell anyone in a Drum and Bugle Corp that it is a marching band. There are no woodwinds and a lot emphasis is on field presentation. I had a teacher in high school that was in one and he was adamit about the difference.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Re: Pride of the Dakotas

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...;search=Search

Comment

Working...
      X