Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mascot News

Originally posted by RLIV
    I liked #1, 3 and then 2.  #2 reminds me of UMKC's logo.
    My order:  2, 1 and then 3 but I agree completely with the above comment about the UMKC logo.  When I responded to the survey before reading the entire thread on this message board, I noted that #2 looks like a cousin to the UMKC logo.

I'm not excited about any of the three proposals.

Comment

I like the one the CC team uses that JacksJD has below his name. It is old school which is awesome and it looks athletic.
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
        My thoughts on the mascots...

1) Too cherubic, like an illustration in a children's book.

2) Better, but what is up with the ears? I've never seen a jackrabbit do that!

3) I like this one... shows speed and aggressiveness. But I think they could show more musculature.
        #3 is my preference as well, #1 I could probably put up with, and #2 being just plain bad.

Comment

Talked to my dog...cleared my mind...and then looked at the three proposals again. Hmmm...they just don't grab me. I recall when USD dumped the cartoon Wily Coyote Twin a few years for the more sinister look which is the current logo. I liked the new design right away. I suppose it was easier to come up with a tougher looking coyote -- almost wolf-like in appearance. Coming up with a different jackrabbit is quite a challenge.

We can get accustomed and can even like a new logo over time. I've already talked myself out of #2 which initially I preferred over the other two. Now, I think I lean toward #3.

I'm glad I'm not a graphic artist. No matter what they do, some will not be pleased.

Comment

It looks like I'm in the minority on this board (nothing new) because I prefer number 2.

Comment

Sure, it's just the design I've been playing with for a revamp of the overall look of the SDSUFans.com site, but you've got to admit, you can imagine seeing something like this on the side of a football helmet:

Why can't some professional graphic artists at least get our school colors right?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                Sure, it's just the design I've been playing with for a revamp of the overall look of the SDSUFans.com site, but you've got to admit, you can imagine seeing something like this on the side of a football helmet:

Why can't some professional graphic artists at least get our school colors right?
                Not trying to affend you Filbert or start this thread in another direction but, I hope SDSU never takes the Stretched SD from the football helmets.
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Filbert, your rabbit is the best Ive seen!

Comment

I think part of the problem may be the fact that they(the committee?) want a "realistic" looking rabbit.  I've see other drafts of one like Filbert's and and think people would actually like a version like this one.  It's more modern in my opinion.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                      I hope SDSU never takes the Stretched SD from the football helmets.
                      DITTO
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
                        [quote author=D-town link=1177610068/30#36 date=1178708371] I hope SDSU never takes the Stretched SD from the football helmets.
                        DITTO[/quote]

DITTO + 1
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                          [quote author=filbert link=1177610068/30#35 date=1178685468]Sure, it's just the design I've been playing with for a revamp of the overall look of the SDSUFans.com site, but you've got to admit, you can imagine seeing something like this on the side of a football helmet:

Not trying to offend you Filbert or start this thread in another direction but, I hope SDSU never takes the Stretched SD from the football helmets.[/quote]
                          I'm not offended at all . . . I'm not the biggest fan of the saggy SD (or, if you must, the "Stretch SD&quot but I think it's the best logo we've had on the helmets for a long, long, long time. (the traditional collegiate-block letter SD is good for me, too).

After sleeping on it, here's my revised thinking:
                          Overall:
                          -The school colors are YELLOW and BLUE. Use them, dag nab it!
                          -The lettering font is OK. No complaints there.
                          -I don't get any real sense of strength or power from any of the logos.
                          -I still prefer "Rabbits" to "Jacks" as the short form of "Jackrabbits" but that's a personal choice. There are several other "Jacks" out there but only one "Rabbits."

#1: Way too hippity-hoppity.
                          #2: Scary, and not in a good way. It doesn't look imposing, it looks deranged. Very static. It also brings to mind the word "cowering." Not a good word to think of when looking at an athletic logo.
                          #3: Rabbit logo has good motion, but looks a bit short, proportion-wise, more like a cottontail than a lanky jackrabbit. This is the least wimpy of the three. If I had to choose I'd still go with #3, but I wouldn't be very excited about it.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not interested in any of the logos Do we need to have the rabbit as a part of our logo? I say no...
                            I think the interlocking blue-yellow SD logo is still the best,
                            classiest, coolest look we could have....

Comment

If you keep the rabbit you may as well keep the same logo because the rabbits on the proposed logo look more like a pet rabbit on steroids then a jackrabbit.

Comment

I know our colors are blue and yellow....but what's wrong with actually making the rabbit brown.....it would contrast all the yellow and blue that they want to use. I liked the logo with the rabbit above the South Dakota State Jackrabbits and if it was actually made brown, I think it would look pretty cool! I think it was #1 on the www3.sdstate.com

Comment

Working...
                                X