Mascot News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mascot News

I like #2 best, then #1, and finally #3. However, I am not in love with any of them.

Go State!

Comment

Wow.
      I have a feeling that when it's all said and done with this thing.  The "Strech SD" is going to be even more popular than it already is.  There is no way I would spend $$$$ on any of these.

Go Jacks...or according to the 2nd design...Go Kangaroos???
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        I like #2 best, then #1, and finally #3. However, I am not in love with any of them.

Go State!
        My preferences are in exactly the opposite order--3, then 1, then 2, although I'm not very impressed with any of them, either.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll also say that the school colors are Yellow and Blue, not Blue and White with Yellow trim.

Sheesh.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

These are not the best thats for sure but there is one I actually like. The one under choice #1 with the rabbit over South Dakota State Jackrabbits. I actually like that one. In my opinion choice #3 has too many "points"...doesn't look realistic which is what the committe was supposed to be going for in the first place. The second choice is ok...but I will have to agree some of them look like kangaroos and some look just plain scary. Maybe they could lay the ears back slightly on choice #2 and it would look more like a rabbit and less scary. Also, not crazy about the "crap" behind tails of some of them.

Comment

I'm going #1 then #3 then #2.. I took #1 and added some color to it with paint and it looks a little better...Sorry there so big they didn't look so good when I tried making them smaller..
              or

I would go more with the regular yellow and blue, and I like the gray rabbit, so here this,

I know they will add more color to the design that gets picked because thats what these are missing, so maybe this will get a better idea of a finished product to everyone.
              Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                Wow.
                I have a feeling that when it's all said and done with this thing.  The "Strech SD" is going to be even more popular than it already is.  There is no way I would spend $$$$ on any of these.

Go Jacks...or according to the 2nd design...Go Kangaroos???

I thought the head picture of design too looked like a gazelle. Its ears look more like horns to me. go to yahoo and look for pictures of gazelles and you will see the resembelnce.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My thoughts on the mascots...

1) Too cherubic, like an illustration in a children's book.

2) Better, but what is up with the ears? I've never seen a jackrabbit do that!

3) I like this one... shows speed and aggressiveness. But I think they could show more musculature.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have a question........Why no buck teeth?? That is probably one of the coolest parts of the current running rabbit is its big teeth and the most noticable feature of any rabbit. And I could be wrong, but I don't believe Disney has the rights to the big teeth.

I know they want to make it look more fierce, but I really think they could put some teeth on any of these and at very least it would make it look more like a Jackrabbit.

Just a thought.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Simply hideous. I can't imagine that somebody is actually paying for this.

Comment

I liked #1, 3 and then 2. #2 reminds me of UMKC's logo.

Comment

Originally posted by RLIV
                          I liked #1, 3 and then 2.  #2 reminds me of UMKC's logo.

:-/

Go State!  

Comment

I can put up with design #1 if they fill in with color. Design #2---what the $#%^ is that. Looks like an alien's head with kangaroo ears. Can't tell what design #3 is supposed to be. Anyone looking from a distance will have no idea what that is. Don't think any are the greatest. How much are we spending for this new design and this is what we are getting?
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Still looks way too much like a cottontail to me. The "swoosh" they added to the back end is pretty bad too.

Comment

These are jackrabbits, theirs are still too compact IMO.

[img]www.cwsd.org/images/jackrabbit.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X