X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC article in KC Star

What's a Roo to do?
    (free subscription required)
    Only men’s and women’s basketball use all the scholarships that are allowed. (UMKC Chancellor Guy) Bailey was also surprised that nearly all the athletic events are played off-campus.

“The two things that hold us back are facilities and the number of scholarships we offer,” Bailey said.

Anderson, the assistant vice chancellor for administration and finance, is in charge of finding out where the UMKC athletic department should head. Before UMKC aggressively starts pursuing its third athletic director in the Division I era, it wants a complete understanding of where the department is and where it should go.

“The chancellor has asked me to find out what will it take for us to be a successful program,” Anderson said. “If we don’t have a clear sense of direction, it’s going to be difficult to recruit a qualified athletic director that will take the program and move it forward.”
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: UMKC article in KC Star

A really interesting read. Looks like the new chancellor is a man with a plan. That will be good news for UMKC.

Go State!

Comment

Preview of UMKC's Men's team from the KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...6/15916908.htm

UMKC AT A GLANCE | Blackwell shoots for consistency
      Junior guard looks to make the most of his final year with teammate Quinton Day.

By DAVID BOYCE
      The Kansas City Star

By no means were the numbers that shooting guard Tim Blackwell put up during his sophomore season abysmal.

Blackwell was third on the team in scoring, averaging 11.4 points. He shot 42 percent from the field, including 39 percent from three-point range. And he was almost automatic from the free-throw line, making 85 percent.

And yet on some occasions, it felt as if Blackwell was suffering through a sophomore slump.

“It was kind of up and down, really,” Blackwell said. “It had its good times and its bad times and mediocre times. It was not as consistent as I would have liked it, but that’s just the way it goes.”

Blackwell, a 6-foot-4 junior shooting guard, remains a vital cog for UMKC, which is coming off a 14-14 season. The Kangaroos finished 11-5 and in third place of the Mid-Continent Conference but suffered through their second straight first-round loss in the conference tournament. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

I am looking forward to watching that game down there in December.

Comment

Working...
        X