Clear All

• Mid-Con preview

The KC Star has a Mid-Con preview:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...6/15916909.htm

Mid-Continent Conference
    Simply put — it’s Oral Roberts’ title

By DAVID BOYCE
    The Kansas City Star

Oral Roberts, the best team the last two seasons, finally won the conference tournament last season and reached the NCAA Tournament. The Golden Eagles will be just as good this season and should dominate.

Oral Roberts returns senior forward Caleb Green and senior guard Ken Tutt. Plus, the Golden Eagles add junior transfer Adam Liberty from Wichita State. Liberty, a point guard, was a starter two years ago for the Shockers.

UMKC will challenge Oral Roberts. IUPUI is always gritty and Oakland normally has athletes.

Valparaiso’s run is clearly over as the best team in the conference. Don’t expect much from the Crusaders in their swan-song season in the Mid-Con. Valparaiso will join the Horizon Conference next year. . . .

Predicted order of finish

1. Oral Roberts
    2. UMKC
    3. IUPUI
    4. Valparaiso
    5. Western Illinois
    6. Oakland
    7. Southern Utah
    8. Centenary

(read more)

Go State!

Re: Mid-Con preview

Basketball Times has UMKC NO.1!!! This is the year of the long awaited Big Dance invite for the Roos!! KC will no longer be a KSU, KU or MU town but instead be a UMKC one!!! ;D ;D Just like Omaha is a UNO town.

Comment

I can just see the TV news in KC now come March:

Kansas love-fest
      Missouri update
      When went wrong with K-State?
      Royals spring training
      Other national sports
      Finally: In other metro-area sports action, UMKC clinched a berth in the NCAA Tournament today. Good night, folks!

.....at least UMKC will make the KC broadcast, unlike UNO......

Comment

I can not believe that my Roos lost to NAIA doormat Park College in an exhibition game. That is worse than Wi-LaCrosse and worse than Morningside if that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
          I can not believe that my Roos lost to NAIA doormat Park College in an exhibition game.  That is worse than Wi-LaCrosse and worse than Morningside if that is possible.
          Your Roos have not even beat the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
            That is worse than Wi-LaCrosse and worse than Morningside if that is possible.
            That is exactly what my U of M alum/neighbor said about their loss to Winona St, at least the LaCrosse part.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
            X