Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado

Let's get Frost Arena rocking on Wednesday night. The Buffaloes are coming to town. Hope the ladies get past the flu bug and kick some Buffaloes. remember game time is at 8:00 p.m.

Re: Colorado

Is the flu bug some of the reason that Vogel didn't play much?  Maybe that explains why Kratovil didn't play also.

It seemed like several times during the game that Vogel was on the bench for stretches with out foul trouble.  I just assumed that her hand was hurting pretty bad.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
      Is the flu bug some of the reason that Vogel didn't play much?  Maybe that explains why Kratovil didn't play also.

It seemed like several times during the game that Vogel was on the bench for stretches with out foul trouble.  I just assumed that her hand was hurting pretty bad.

In the post game Scotty said Megan had the flu and that limited her playing time, not sure about Kratovil though.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/

Holiday toy drive set for Dec. 13

The SDSU Student-Athlete Advisory Committee will conduct its annual holiday toy drive during the Jackrabbit women’s basketball game against Colorado on Wednesday, Dec. 13.

Fans attending that night’s game are asked to bring unwrapped, unused toys to the game. SAAC members will wrap the gifts and distribute them to deserving children in the Brookings area in time for the holidays.

Due to the game being played during finals week, start time is set for 8 p.m.

Go State!

Comment

Some pre-game info:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=719034

Buffs To Make First Appearance In State Of South Dakota

THE GAME: The University of Colorado will travel to the state of South Dakota for the first time in team history as the Buffaloes face South Dakota State University on Wednesday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. MST at Frost Arena in Brookings, S.D. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Looking at their roster, they have a really tall team. The Jacks tallest player is 6-2 and Colorado has 5 players taller than that at either 6-3 or 6-4. One of the players that is 6-4 is out with a broke foot.

Looking at last years box score for the game in Boulder, SDSU did out rebound the Buffs 46 to 40, but the Jacks only shot 23.2% from the field. I'm not sure if the Jacks were just cold shooting that night or if the height differential was a problem.

Good Luck tomorrow night!!

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I see that Whitney Houston is on their roster. Hey BlueHat, do the students have something prepared for Ms. Houston? Forget finals, you guys need to come up with something for her.

Comment

This will probably be another tough home game for us, even though they are 5-5. McFarland their leading scorer and rebounder averages about a double double a game. They hit the boards hard at 39.5 a game but they don't control the ball too well. They are more of a second half team and we are consistant through both halves. It should be a good game to watch.

Comment

Hopefully this is a team we can get some transition baskets on, I'd think if they outsize us that much we should be able to outquick them.

Comment

Vandrovec Article

Another great story from Mr. Vandrovec:  

SDSU an 'equal' to Division I foes
                    By Terry Vandrovec
                    tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                    PUBLISHED: December 13, 2006

The game didn't count in the standings, yet to wing Megan Vogel, it was arguably the biggest of the 2003 season. In its final year in Division II, the South Dakota State women's basketball team played an exhibition at the University of Colorado. The Jackrabbits were beaten
                    82-66 - and awed.

"At that point, we looked at Colorado as something we weren't - Division I," SDSU coach Aaron Johnston said. "Now, I think we look at every Division I team we play as an equal. I think our team believes that."

If that's indeed the case, and the numbers don't disagree, then SDSU has cleared one of the invisible hurdles of the Division I transition in less than three full seasons.

Since 2004-05, the Jacks (7-2) are 10-7 against opponents from the six major conferences: the ACC, the Big 12, the Big Ten, the Big East, the SEC and the Pac-10. That includes a 3-1 mark this season heading into tonight's game against Colorado (5-5), the fifth of nine dates with major foes in 2006-07, and the second of three to be played at Frost Arena.

SDSU might not face as many major conference teams in a single season again. Four or five is likely to become the norm beginning in 2007-08, Johnston said, when the Jacks join the Mid-Continent Conference.

But given its success, there's no guarantee that SDSU would be able to schedule so many marquee opponents, anyway.

Johnston said that at least two regional schools from major conferences have backed out on verbal agreements to play the Jacks. So far, Missouri is the only major-conference team contracted to come to Brookings - where SDSU has won 68 of 73 games - next season, although Johnston said he has some verbal agreements.

"I didn't want to return this game," Buffaloes coach Kathy McConnell-Miller said, only half joking.

But she did, because, having helped revive Tulsa's once dormant program, she understands the difficulties up-and-coming programs face.

In the past five-plus seasons, SDSU is 68-5 in Brookings, which isn't the easiest place to get to, McConnell said. And although the Jacks are making a name for themselves in women's basketball circles, they don't have the widespread name recognition of a Big 12 school. People with a low basketball IQ might see being beaten by SDSU as a bad loss, McConnell-Miller said, even though that's not the case.

(Read more.....)

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...612130336/1002
                    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Vandrovec Article

I'm so bored with the "its not the easiest place to get to" remark. It's a 45 minute bus ride from the airport. I've never been to LA but my guess would be the campus of UCLA or USC are about that from LAX. Besides, her team plays in the Big 12, she has to get to Lubbock every year, which, I thought, was at least 30 minutes from the nearest airport.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Re: Vandrovec Article

Originally posted by EQguy
                        I'm so bored with the "its not the easiest place to get to" remark.  It's a 45 minute bus ride from the airport.  I've never been to LA but my guess would be the campus of UCLA or USC are about that from LAX.  Besides, her team plays in the Big 12, she has to get to Lubbock every year, which, I thought, was at least 30 minutes from the nearest airport.  
                        I understand your point but one thing that does make Brookings hard to get to is the fact there just isn't many incoming flights into SF. Even from Denver which is one of most traveled routes in and out of the SF airport. I imagine when trying to fly with 15-20 people like BB teams do that it can be hard to find a flight. USC ran into the same thing when they came here. They missed their connecting flight in Denver because their flight out of LAX got delayed. One could argue that because they were flying out of LAX there is a greater chance of a delay. But I'm sure USC was arguing that becuase there was a lack of flights into SF from Denver that is why they had to fly into Omaha and then drive up to Brookings.

Comment

At the risk of of the dreaded JINX I heard a rumor that there has never been a D-I "transition" team make the WNIT. Can anyone confirm this??
                          If this is true, our ladies could make a little more history with a birth into this year's WNIT!!!!

You've got to LOVE this team!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Let's Go Rabbits!

Go State!

Comment

AJ sounds excited about tonights game. We are going to need an inspired effort. I look for us to jump out quickly, now, can we maintain that momentum? I hope so. I couldn't make it up for the game but I have my new laptop fired up and ready to go.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X