• Show
Clear All

• UMKC's AD resigns

The Roos will have a new AD soon.

http://umkckangaroos.cstv.com/genrel/082106aaa.html

Thomas Resigns as UMKC Athletics Director

Thomas served seven years as AD with the Kangaroos

Aug. 21, 2006

Kansas City, Mo. - UMKC Chancellor Dr. Guy H. Bailey announced, today, the resignation of Bob Thomas as the Director of Athletics, effective August 31. Thomas has served as the Athletics Director for the Kangaroos the past seven years.

"I want to thank Bob for his years of fine service to UMKC and wish him the best in his future endeavors," said Chancellor Bailey.

"During the past seven years, I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to work with wonderful UMKC colleagues to develop a viable structure for the University's NCAA Division I athletics program," said Thomas. "We have enhanced our services to student-athletes, established new opportunities for facility development and set new standards and expectations for success with our sports' achievements. I am pleased with these accomplishments and others and am proud of the student-athletes, coaches and staff who have worked hard to make good things happen for UMKC and Kansas City. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: UMKC's AD resigns

From the KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/15328525.htm

Thomas steps down at UMKC
    Athletic director’s resignation after seven years comes as a surprise to coaches and staff.

By DAVID BOYCE
    The Kansas City Star

On the first day of school Monday afternoon, UMKC athletic director Bob Thomas delivered stunning news to his department when he announced his resignation, effective Aug. 31.

Thomas said the timing was right, though he has no other job immediately lined up.

“Sometimes you step out on faith,” Thomas said.

Thomas arrived seven years ago wanting to make sure the athletic department was in compliance with NCAA rules and to enhance the student-athlete experience.

Although the men’s basketball team failed to reach the Mid-Continent Conference tournament championship game or the NCAA Tournament, Thomas leaves pleased by what the entire athletic department accomplished during his time.

“We didn’t take any shortcuts,” Thomas said. “We took a lot of pride in what was accomplished in the classroom and on the playing fields.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
    X