Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Warnings

Default Re: Official Warnings

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    . . . Name calling and personal insults are some peoples way of making a point when they can't discuss the topic in a logical common sense based discussion. . .
    No. Name-calling is the aggressive avoidance of making a point. Your other questions are not germane to this thread, and you've been on the board long enough to have read my positions on some of them, anyway. Now be a good Goon and go out and play . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Thats what i was trying to say but could not find the words you used so elequently. What Im wondering if there is a section on here where new members could go to read the do's and dont's of posting on this board. So as when a questionable post is made that person should already know the code of conduct if you will. I cant go out and play, ive got a head cold and i feel like crudd with a double d.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Thats what i was trying to say but could not find the words you used so elequently. What Im wondering if there is a section on here where new members could go to read the do's and dont's of posting on this board. So as when a questionable post is made that person should already know the code of conduct if you will. I cant go out and play, ive got a head cold and i feel like crudd with a double d.
    Sorry about the head cold. For the rest of what you ask, I'm not sure an official board policy is necessarily required . . . Personally, I think it's kinda bush league for people to critique spelling/grammar . . . most people are typing in a hurry and don't always prufreed (sic) as much as they might. I guess I also assume that people who aren't familiar with acronyms/short cuts will either ask what they mean, or use a search engine to find out.

Although, I am considering making the board English-only (just to help make moderation easier . . . )

Fair?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    Sorry about the head cold. For the rest of what you ask, I'm not sure an official board policy is necessarily required . . . Personally, I think it's kinda bush league for people to critique spelling/grammar . . . most people are typing in a hurry and don't always prufreed (sic) as much as they might. I guess I also assume that people who aren't familiar with acronyms/short cuts will either ask what they mean, or use a search engine to find out.

Although, I am considering making the board English-only (just to help make moderation easier . . . )

Fair?
    Can't complain. Its not like the board has had serious problems with this. Just a case here and there. OOhh what about the over use of sports cliches? Could you do something about that? Like if we would have made more freethrows or if he wouldnt have thrown that int the game would have turned out very differently. Those observations are so John Madden like and to a lesser extent Bill Walton. However Im sure I would find myself guilty of that as well.

Goon:

There are some guidelines promulgated by filbert that, while not exactly the kind of guidelines you are inquiring about, are helpful to new posters. They are found as threads under the general topic "Announcements" as follows:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4953
    http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4938

Is sending a message to Goon an automatic violation of the rule against name calling? As a kid, called one of my brothers "goon".

those are pretty much what I was wonderin about. Might be good for some longtime posters to read those again.

Calling him a goon i would guess is a term of enderment you often shared. Now if it were used as Goon ur such a goon.

I deleted several posts which were not germane to this thread.

FYI:
    An official warning is a post from a moderator to a board user containing a phrase such as "this is a warning" or "you are warned" or some direct message from a moderator to a board user which contains a variation of the word "warning."

If a message from a moderator does not contain a variation of the word "warning" then you have NOT received an official warning.

This thread's purpose is primarily to assist the moderators (present and future) in tracking who got warned, and for what. Some limited discussion of warnings may be allowed here, as warnings (like everything else) are judgment calls and aren't always black and white.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Lakesbison warned to avoid sexism in posts.
    "I think we'll be OK"

do I wear a dunce hat? or just an attempt to get me off your board..?

just curious... I had a blast in brookings to be honest with you... NOT 1 person had a problem with me at frost, cubbies or the "9"

so Im not a women's basketball fan... .. *lookin for the dunce hat*

filbert.. i gave you props on the ndsu/sdsu game thread by the way!!