Official Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Warnings

Mavs Rule has been warned against starting threads attacking or calling out individual posters. Subsequent violations will result in banning.

Threads:
    http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1157344291
    http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1157253699

Re: Official Warnings

JBNJBQ is warned against starting smack threads calling out other posters.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

2006gwfcchamps is warned about smack on non-smack threads.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Joeboo22 is warned against discussing the user Cadsev in any context on this board.

Comment

Joeboo22's account is suspended until March 3, 2007 for continuing to discuss user Cadsev after being warned.

Comment

Joeboo22's suspension is lifted as of Feb. 28, 2007.

Comment

DakotaShooter:

Consider this a warning about the tenor of your posts. If your posts continue to go in the direction they're headed, they should be in smack and not in the basketball section. I'm also looking into the connection (IP address) between you and at least one other registered user. You are new to the Message Board so I am advising you there is precedent on this board for imposing sanctions including banning users who have registered two or more names and are using those names in a manner which runs counter to the purpose and spirit of this message board.

JackJD, Moderator

Comment

Yoteforever is warned about smack in non-smack threads. Next offense will result in permanent ban.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

General warning to all posters to refrain from personal insults and name-calling on all threads on the board.

Timeouts and/or bans will result from subsequent infractions.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    General warning to all posters to refrain from personal insults and name-calling on all threads on the board.

Timeouts and/or bans will result from subsequent infractions.
                    Filbert, dont be such a cotton headed ninny muggins. Name calling and personal insults are some peoples way of making a point when they can't discuss the topic in a logical common sense based discussion. What about adding for posters who just comment on spelling and the syntax and grammar usage of posts. Ask people to p.m. their comments instead of replying to the post about a spelling error. What is the board policy on Proper spelling, grammar, short hand and computer lingo such as lol and rotflmfao etc? just curious.

EDIT: Just kidding about the whole cotton headed thing.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      . . . Name calling and personal insults are some peoples way of making a point when they can't discuss the topic in a logical common sense based discussion. . .
                      No. Name-calling is the aggressive avoidance of making a point. Your other questions are not germane to this thread, and you've been on the board long enough to have read my positions on some of them, anyway. Now be a good Goon and go out and play . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thats what i was trying to say but could not find the words you used so elequently. What Im wondering if there is a section on here where new members could go to read the do's and dont's of posting on this board. So as when a questionable post is made that person should already know the code of conduct if you will. I cant go out and play, ive got a head cold and i feel like crudd with a double d.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Thats what i was trying to say but could not find the words you used so elequently. What Im wondering if there is a section on here where new members could go to read the do's and dont's of posting on this board. So as when a questionable post is made that person should already know the code of conduct if you will. I cant go out and play, ive got a head cold and i feel like crudd with a double d.
                          Sorry about the head cold. For the rest of what you ask, I'm not sure an official board policy is necessarily required . . . Personally, I think it's kinda bush league for people to critique spelling/grammar . . . most people are typing in a hurry and don't always prufreed (sic) as much as they might. I guess I also assume that people who aren't familiar with acronyms/short cuts will either ask what they mean, or use a search engine to find out.

Although, I am considering making the board English-only (just to help make moderation easier . . . )

Fair?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Sorry about the head cold. For the rest of what you ask, I'm not sure an official board policy is necessarily required . . . Personally, I think it's kinda bush league for people to critique spelling/grammar . . . most people are typing in a hurry and don't always prufreed (sic) as much as they might. I guess I also assume that people who aren't familiar with acronyms/short cuts will either ask what they mean, or use a search engine to find out.

Although, I am considering making the board English-only (just to help make moderation easier . . . )

Fair?
                            Can't complain. Its not like the board has had serious problems with this. Just a case here and there. OOhh what about the over use of sports cliches? Could you do something about that? Like if we would have made more freethrows or if he wouldnt have thrown that int the game would have turned out very differently. Those observations are so John Madden like and to a lesser extent Bill Walton. However Im sure I would find myself guilty of that as well.

Comment

Goon:

There are some guidelines promulgated by filbert that, while not exactly the kind of guidelines you are inquiring about, are helpful to new posters. They are found as threads under the general topic "Announcements" as follows:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4953
                              http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4938

Comment

Working...
                              X