$20 million Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $20 million Campaign

I was just wondering how much of the $20 million have we raised so far into the campaign? If memory serves me right, we were going to use 18 million for scholarships and 2 mil for some facility upgrades.

Re: $20 million Campaign

According the the SDSU Athletic Dept. Annual reoprt, it appears the total is nearing $7 million. According to Chris Solari on the Craig and Mike show last year, the total was at $5.3 in the fall of 2004 and $5.6 in the spring of 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by SPORTSFAN
      According the the SDSU Athletic Dept. Annual reoprt, it appears the total is nearing $7 million. According to Chris Solari on the Craig and Mike show last year, the total was at $5.3 in the fall of 2004 and $5.6 in the spring of 2005.
      Just in case anyone was wondering, my personal campaign to raise $20 million for my "Retire at Age 40" campaign is so far coming up woefully short. I'm not going to completely write it off, but I'm guessing I'm not going to be fully funded for scholarships as early as I'd hoped. Anyway, I better get back to work.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

MJA... I'm sending you a check for $5000... whoops, that's right! I work in RADIO!!!

Never mind! ;D
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I can't complain because I give 200 dollars a year to the fund which is basically chump change.  But I am a little surprised that we only have 7 million after 3 years of trying.  At that pace it will be 2012 when we meet our goal.  7 million is a lot of money but I just thought we would be ahead of that pace by now.  But I am not blaming anybody bc I am no big giver either.  Maybe once we are full fledged d1 members and in an established league the money will come pouring in. At least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
            I can't complain because I give 200 dollars a year to the fund which is basically chump change.  But I am a little surprised that we only have 7 million after 3 years of trying.  At that pace it will be 2012 when we meet our goal.  7 million is a lot of money but I just thought we would be ahead of that pace by now.  But I am not blaming anybody bc I am no big giver either.  Maybe once we are full fledged d1 members and in an established league the money will come pouring in.  At least I hope so.

I believe the campaign so far has been directed at large gifts and donors who are capable of making them. The way I interpretated the 7 million figure was pledges and donations made in the past two years which would not include the approximate 4 million in existing endowments prior to the start of the campaign. If you add those in the total we have maybe 11 million total in endowments provided all pledges are collected. So if that intepretation is correct, then maybe we are half way towards the 20 million goal. If the seven million total includes existing endowments, including the Mildred White gifts, then we are not progressing like we should be. I do know Sid Bostic has put a lot of time in this campaign and done so on his own time. Also Keith Malhlum has also spent a certain portion of his time working on this. Its not an easy job to ask for 100,000 or more dollars and get an immediate yes. I think there are a number of people who are still considering gifts. My guess is that a number of weekly telephone calls are made to those who are still considering.

The neat thing about an endowment is that only the interest is used to fund scholarships. The prinicpal or the amount of gifts donated are held in trust and invested and the income provides an ongoing source of revenue.

Meanwhile your gift of $200 I am sure is greatly appreaciated as are all of our small gifts. I am not sure of the exact number of the living alumni of SDSU, maybe 60,000, but if each gave 200 bucks like yourself, we would have 1.2 million and if each did that for 10 straight years, we would have in excess of 20 million as that total would be about 12 million. So what little each and everyone can do does help the SDSU family reach its goal of raising 20 million.

Comment

Getting into a conference should be a big shot in the arm to the fundraising campaign!

There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and help. We started two Jackrabbit Gaurantees due to an anonymous donor that is matching funds at that time and I belive still is. Contact the SDSU Foundation and they can explore the possibilities with you!

Every dollar makes a huge difference!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
              X