Parents not happy about playing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents not happy about playing time

Read the following quote from Dave Hollenbeck (a coach who has actually won a state tournament). This is the community argument: who is developing our players, other then themselves??

"We would not have won a state championship with out the development of our players through Warwick Workouts."
    Dave Hollenbeck - Head Boys' Basketball Coach St. Thomas More High School

Comment

jacksfaninne..you ever play basketball in high school?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitcoach
        Again, if you didn't know the 3 finalists prior to my entry then you don't know enough about the issue to be posting your opinion.  I may listen to your opinion if anyone of you have ever played for Hofer in the past!
        I guess I should check myself as well, because I don't see the picture of Shane Make Love Not Warwick working with Adam Morrison either. Apparantly character mattered to Deubrook's administration when making their decision on who to hire.

The problem with Deubrook is they are never as talented as their fans and players seem to think they are. rabbitcoach is a prime example of this. I almost can't blame him though. Look at what kind of examples the parents have set at that school. They make it clear that nothing is the fault of the players. That gives the players the excuse they are looking for when things don't go their way. Just look at rabbitcoach, he's obviously listened to these out of control parents and he's convinced that everything is Coach Hofer's fault.

His posts have not changed my opinion, they have reaffirmed my belief that these people are out of control.

Comment

Juice, you ever been a Hofer huddle? how about a coach who works with his players for 4 months out of the year....the season. The rest was on our shoulders to be who we needed to be! You have a coach in coach Hollenbach that admits he needed warwicks help thats what made his team a championship team.....deubrook has a coach that thinks he knows everything but doesn't.

If I told you to go to a highschool practice and work with post players and you get there and a 3 year letter winner doesn't know what an up and under move is what would you say? By the way, that player i'm talking about went on to walk on for the SDSU football team and got a spot! Must of been an athlete!! Who would you suggest take the responsibility for a senior not knowing a common post move?

Come on Juice, all smart one, I want your answer!!

Comment

in a hofer huddle

Comment

Your smarts are shown by not being able to open the webpage and see warwick and morrison.

Comment

jacksfaninne..you ever play basketball in high school?
                Yep. You ever coach a high school basketball team? Served on a school board?
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

So if you played hs bb then your team probably went to a few team camps and such right?

Comment

If I told you to go to a highschool practice and work with post players and you get there and a 3 year letter winner doesn't know what an up and under move is what would you say?  By the way, that player i'm talking about went on to walk on for the SDSU football team and got a spot!  Must of been an athlete!!  Who would you suggest take the responsibility for a senior not knowing a common post move?

!!
                    If I saw a 3 year letter winner at the post position who didn't know what an up and under move was I would be either be thinking he didn't listen very well or his high school teams didn't win very many games. If I came to find out that his team never had a losing season despite this obvious lack of knowledge on the players part, I would think the coach was some kind of genius.

A lot of people have not liked their high school coach, it doesn't mean you take him to court. You obviously are not changing anyone's mind.

Does anyone other than rabbitcoach see Adam Morrison on that website?

Comment

Your smarts are shown by not being able to open the webpage and see warwick and morrison.
                      First of all, you need to relax.  I get the feeling I'm on the Argus Leader's old forum which was frequently visited by ranting and raving high school kids.  Hard to read and much too opinionated!  

Secondly, the Adam Morrison picture IS on the website.  It is located on the home page of the website.  You had linked to the bio page in you first post and it was not clear how to get to the home page.  You either have to click the main logo on the top-left of the website from the bio page or go directly to http://www.warwickworkouts.com.  

This is a forum of level headed individuals who like to discuss various topics in a mature manner.  Saying things like
                      I may listen to your opinion if anyone of you have ever played for Hofer in the past!
                      doesn't agree with this manner.  If you are going to be so bold in your opinion then be civil in reacting to other responses.  

Comment

And I've never served on a school board but I do know that you don't "NOT" renew a contract with grounds to do so and then turn back around and reinstated him with totally different grounds! Thats the whole issue here! They agreed as a board that he was not meeting standards and AGREED not to renew his contract. Then after having people, such as the school COOK which makes me laugh out loud, state that hes a great person they reinstate him on basis of character.....Character wasnt the reason for not renewing the contract!!! Its pretty simple!

Comment

My reason for those comments about me listening to your opinions is point blank....isn't it contradicting to have an opinion that you feel is superior to someone elses when you have never been involved in this situation? When 70% of the community and 95% of the past players want him out don't you think there is reason? The 5% of the players that don't want him out are the players on the team right now. Believe me, 5 years from now that 5% will have a different opinion.....take the 2 kids that went 3-32 from 3pt. land in a district game that they lost. They were so for the coach until the season was over and they realized that the reason they liked him was because he gave them free range to do whatever they wanted, after the fact they realized that with some guidance they would have made better decisions and the outcome of that game could have been different! Your talking about the direction needed for 15-18 yr olds to succeed, we all know in hindsight that at that age it can't be self guided!

Comment

"If I saw a 3 year letter winner at the post position who didn't know what an up and under move was I would be either be thinking he didn't listen very well or his high school teams didn't win very many games. If I came to find out that his team never had a losing season despite this obvious lack of knowledge on the players part, I would think the coach was some kind of genius.

A lot of people have not liked their high school coach, it doesn't mean you take him to court. You obviously are not changing anyone's mind.

Does anyone other than rabbitcoach see Adam Morrison on that website"

Juice, this comment depicts how much experience or lack there of you have in basketball. You mean to tell me that not knowing or teaching the fundamentals of the game makes the coach a genius? You have to be kidding, you missed the point kid!!! My point is summed up in everything you said....he won all those games with a lack of fundamentals because he is ok with average results, imagine what those results would be with all fundamentals in place??? You missed the point 2 hours ago! Talent will always get you wins, coaching gets you the big wins and i think everyone on here would agree! So you again contradicted yourself.....everyone is focusing on his results not what his results could have or should have been!

Comment

Juice it also shows your lack of true knowledge into this matter as the community DIDN"T take the coach to court, they took the school board to court! Get your facts straight, because your arguments lose their merit when you don't even know the facts that started this forum.

Comment

rabbitcoach:

I am sorry, but character does count. If the kids can come away knowing right from wrong, I dont see that a big problem. If they learn to be overly aggressive and play on the edge of the rules to win then thats not the message I would want to be taught to young people at Duebrook.

Well we now know how the barber shop crew, headed by Tim Trooien think. Thanks for the insight. When will Tim be running for the school board? I think that would be a good idea since the current board appears to him to be incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                                X