Check this out, crazy USD grad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out, crazy USD grad

Anyone heard of this Douglas Wiken guy?? He seems like the left wing version of Clarence Kooistra. I don't want to give him any additional exposure for his crazy, nonsensical rants but I found this one quite humorous. Here is the link and a snipet. Note, he is a USD grad and calls himself a farmer. He resides in the Winner area. Any info SDSUFAN?

http://dakotatoday.typepad.com/dakot..._in_sd_is.html

***SPORTS in SD is bloodsucking parasite on education

The ambitions of Silo Tech Athletics Machine (sometimes known as SDSU at Brookings, SD) and aspirations only limited by the capablility of the sports department there to con SD legislators and mulct sports activitie fees from cowed students. So, it wants to move up in athletic stature and play in a new league of somekind. I really don't pay too much attention to sports and am still pissed off at being forced to contribute to intercollegiate athletic programs which I almost never cared to watch in person or on TV.

I am also pissed at all the money we are borrowing to help son pay the miserable athletic portion of the SD Tech activitiy fees. And, also pissed at the money my daughter had to borrow to pay for wretched athletics at Silo Tech. Jocks can all dive off the high board on the shallow end of the pool as far as I am concerned..just as long as they pay for their own suiciide
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Check this out, crazy USD grad

DOC:

Are you treating this guy?

Do you have a colleague in the Winner area that can?

Whew! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Well, let me weigh in. Here's a guy who has received an enormous amount of federal assistance for his farming operation ( ie: subsidies from us) and he is bitching about having to pay for school for his children.

God help us all.

Comment

I don't have a pregnant dog. The guy is complaining, but imagine that a farmer complaining.

Comment

Did someone want to get their dog pregnant?

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/328.shtml

Here is a good looking willing participant. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

You guys should be thankful. Idiot rants like this can only bolster the move to DI.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              Anyone heard of this Douglas Wiken guy??  He seems like the left wing version of Clarence Kooistra.  I don't want to give him any additional exposure for his crazy, nonsensical rants but I found this one quite humorous.  Here is the link and a snipet.  Note, he is a USD grad and calls himself a farmer.  He resides in the Winner area.  Any info SDSUFAN?

http://dakotatoday.typepad.com/dakot..._in_sd_is.html

The ambitions of Silo Tech Athletics Machine (sometimes known as SDSU at Brookings, SD) and aspirations only limited by the capablility of the sports department there to con SD legislators and mulct sports activitie fees from cowed students. So, it wants to move up in athletic stature and play in a new league of somekind. I really don't pay too much attention to sports and am still pissed off at being forced to contribute to intercollegiate athletic programs which I almost never cared to watch in person or on TV.

I am also pissed at all the money we are borrowing to help son pay the miserable athletic portion of the SD Tech activitiy fees. And, also pissed at the money my daughter had to borrow to pay for wretched athletics at Silo Tech. Jocks can all dive off the high board on the shallow end of the pool as far as I am concerned..just as long as they pay for their own suiciide
              Isn't this the guy that left on an alien space ship that was following the Hale-Bopp Comet a few years back? Sure looks like him! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

The Crazy man Mr. Wiken found our site and has posted a few remarks on his site. Of course they are well thought out and very courteous.  Mr. Doug  Wiken  is a very nice man I suppose if you can get to know him. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  But maybe he does not want to know us and he referred to SDSU posters as being  the  Shallow End of Gene Pool. I wonder what his genetic make up is?  

http://dakotatoday.typepad.com/dakotatoday/

Comment

This guy is a classic FES member. My best advice to everyone is to ignore him the best you can.

In case you don't know what a FES member is let me re-post a great post by SDSUFAN.

SDSUFAN wrote:

Chuck Cecil Class of 1959 and M.S 1970 at SDSU and an administrative aid to the SDSU President, the Late Hilton M. Briggs, writes a weekly column for the Brookings Register. Unfortunately his column is not on the internet. I retype his column from my print version of the August 22, 2003 edition of The Brookings Register.

Chuck like myself is over 50 and has been a big proponent for the move to D1. This column is for the nay-sayers

STUBBLE MULCH- AUGUST 20, 2003
                  BY Chuck Cecil

A hotbed for FES recruiting

Recruiters for the Flat Earth Society are coming to Brookings. They believe our “someplace special” town has great potential for membership.

The FES decision was made after the society officials read comments by those who oppose the University’s decision to move to Division I in athletics.

These perpetual nay-sayers are just the kind of folks the society is looking for.

The Flat Earth Society, as some of you may recall from your history lesson, also kicked and screamed over approval of funds to finance the voyage in 1492 of the Pinta, the Maria and the Santa Maria.

In fact the FES members became so distraught that they called for the heads of Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand, who financed the journey to the end of the world. Believe it or not there is some of that going around in Brookings relative to the current situation.

The Society, which remains comfortable with the world as it was 50 years ago when there were only 97 chemical compounds on the element chart has also been against acceptance of every one of the last eight chemicals since they were discovered and added to the chart. The new elements were discovered by the way in a Division I school laboratories.

FES was also against highway maps.

Last Friday morning, South Dakotans were the only citizens of any state that did not have a Division I school. SDSU was the only Land Grant University not a Division I member. By 10:15 a.m. that morning, we joined the rest of society.

Interestingly, just a few hours after the Division I announcement was made, two SDSU basketball greats, Austin Hansen of Valley Springs, and Sherri Brende of Baltic, were married in Baltic.

With the wedding of these two shooting guards, No 10 and No 22, I look for a pretty good three point expert to be playing Division One basketball for the Jackrabbits in about twenty or thirty years.

The future of South Dakota State and students not yet born is, what this thing is really all about.

We all need to remember that the university was here and survived changes long before any of us were admiring the skills of the likes of Hansen and Brende on the Frost Arena Basketball court.

I am quite certain the university that belongs to all the South Dakotans , not just Brookingsites, will survive other changes coming down the pike, too. I guarantee you that SDSU will be here long after we temporary residents are no longer season ticket holders.

So for all the students who in the next century will come to SDSU, let’s make our state’s entry into Division I a successful one.

Oh by the way, they’re some Division II news. Among the 10 new members of the athletic division SDSU just left were four schools from Puerto Rico, plus Goldey-Beacom College, Green Mountain College, Holy Family College, North Greenville College and the University of Sciences in Philadelphia.

Fortunately, despite FES objections, we now have detailed road maps so we’ll all be able to eventually locate just where these obscure Division II members are located.

I’m pretty sure the last six are all within the confines of America, which fortunately Christopher Columbus discovered despite efforts to the contrary.

Go State, South Dakota only D-I University! ;D

Comment

89rabbit:

I went over to Doug's site and posted a comment to his remarks. I tried to be as courteous as possible. He is so misinformed that I hate to see people like him shoot from the hip on the D1AA  issue.  Politically we do have some agreements.  Yes I am a liberal democrat and a Registered Democrat. Yes I voted for Bill Clinton twice and think the election was won by Al Gore. Thats another matter.

At least you can respond to his blather, where as with Frank Klocucek and Koistra, we never did find their email addresses or telephone numbers.  

Comment

I suspect rational converstation is not a priority for Mr. Wiken. It would seem his best interest is his only interest. The reason you start your own blog is to get your opinions out there. This usually occurs after realizing that no one is listening to you any more.

He doesn't support the move to DI and thats certainly okay. I think having an individual like him in opposition to the move actually strengthens our stance. NDSU_grad had the foresight to mention this earlier.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Mr. Douglas Wiken wrote:

It is obvious Mr. Wiken is a very angry person.

Is there another comet coming our way soon?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.cnn.com/US/9703/28/applewhite/

All aboard!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I hope you guys are done with this FES'er. Obviously he's not going to let up on his SDSU bashing.

I would suggest however that if you haven't done so already, check out the Argus Leader's chat board. Seems a few of our guys have educated at least one more person in seeing the reasoning behind the DI move.

http://www.argusleaderonline.com/for...thread.php?t=5

Comment

Catchem:
                            I had some comment exchanges with Doug Wixen over on his blog as he calls it. Doug is anti athletic period. He sees no connection between athletics and academics. So its not a USD vs SDSU thing, but rather anti-athletic period.  So I guess the best you can expect in dealing with Doug is a respectful disagreement.  

I am going to start a new thread about KWSN and the Craig and Mike show.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                              I had some comment exchanges with Doug Wixen over on his blog as he calls it. Doug is anti athletic period. He sees no connection between athletics and academics. So its not a USD vs SDSU thing, but rather anti-athletic period.
                              It seems Mr. Wiken is into acrostics!

He uses BLOG to stand for:

B aseless
                              L oathings
                              O f
                              G eeks

I've looked over some of his rantings. It seems to fit! I see no connection between him and reality!
                              ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                              X