Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COMMENTS FROM DII/DIII/NAIA FANS

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/common/photo_gallery.asp?contentID=0&sportID=7&se ctionID=79#

Here are some pictures of the new soccer stadium your beloved jacks are going to play in on Saturday. Here is the Creighton website if anyone is interested.
    www.gocreighton.com
    It's a nice stadium. Any idea how many fans attend games?

Comment

In their first men's game there were about 4000 there for exhibition against umkc. Most were just there to see the new stadium. Probably will be about half that for the women's game but am only guessing. I went to a lot of games at their old field and the men usually drew only a few hundred on a weekday and maybe 1500 for a weekend game against a good team. The women never drew much no matter when or who they played. Your team will have a neat experience playing there. Now can they compete is another question but I am sure it will be a good learning experience.

Comment

Fellas,  The d2.fb web site is having problems so I will be able to spend a little more time on your site for awhile.  Am looking forward to seeing your soccer team play CU.  I will be especially interested to see if there is any support for your team from non parents like you get for basketball and whether you get more than a handful of shots on goal.  I think you have a better chance at the former rather than the latter but we shall see.  It is going to be a long hard slog as that proud american donald rumsfeld has said before.
        I did enjoy the academic ratings of your women's basketball team supplied by my good friend jbnjbq.  Gosh, Uno's girl's were terrible and they weren't very good in the classroom either. NOt a very good combo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
          Am looking forward to seeing your soccer team play CU.

Are we playing the University of Colorado? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I did enjoy the academic ratings of your women's basketball team supplied by my good friend jbnjbq.

Are we good friends, now? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gosh, Uno's girl's were terrible and they weren't very good in the classroom either. NOt a very good combo.

Did you notice that the "Harvard of Prairie" (usd) women were also missing from the list? Do they still call themselves that? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Apparently there is a guy named incognito from ne who recently left the huskers. Based on what I read this summer about some of the shenanigans that have been going on up in brookings he might fit in just great with some of the characters you have up there. Tell "stig" to give him a call if he is looking for some line help.

Comment

... or he could join randy stella at uno.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I went to the CU-SDSU soccer game tonite and again SDSU was blanked for the 3rd straight game. I will give it up to your goalie - though. She is a leader and she is good but you were absolutely dominated by a slightly above avg CU team. Don't know much about soccer but it appears there is a big gap in talent between CU and SDSU. It is going to be a long year for your soccer team. I mean you didn't even come very close to scoring either. You may go half the season without a goal much less a victory. As Bill Walton would say "your team is horrible so far"!
                By the way UNO soccer beat D1 Drury who is a member of the Mo Valley Conference which I know every guy on this board would love to be in. Go Mavs. Great day for the Mavs.

Comment

Not to take anything away from UNO, but Drury was picked convincingly and unanimously to finish as the doormat of the conference in women's soccer, i think Creighton was fourth, so it may be a little bit of a competition difference.
                  But good win Big Jake, keep letting us know how you guys are doing, i know everyone on this board is biting their nails worrying about UNO athletics.

Can you guys start a UNO board somehow, i really feel bad for you two having to spend your time on this board, it can't be that much fun.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I have a big interest in your success because there is talk around here about reconfiguring the ncaa where d2 teams can play 1aa in fb only.  That was even mentioned today by our main sports columnist tom shatel today in the omaha world herald.  He mentioned that the rumor is that there would be that configuration and that uno would play in the gateway conference for fb eventually. Remember - we are major metro area that is attractive to some conferences. We can compete in fb but our other coaches are very reluctant to play against 1a teams and resources.  Sure our regents wouldn't let uno go d1 but going d1aa doesn't matter to lincoln.  We will not be recruiting the same players.   So I am very interested in how you succeed bc we could be following you in fb very soon.  Bob Danenhauer has mentioned this in the past and now  our sports guy does.  But I will continue to follow your situation closely.
                    Believe me I will be ripping ndsu once bb starts bc they will really struggle in that one, too
                    Just because I think you are making a mistake does not mean I hate sdsu - I just think you are mistaken.  

PS - By the way I didn't know UNC had a fan board. Send me a link to their site and maybe I spend less time on your site.

Comment

Working...
                    X