St. Mary's ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Mary's ????

Your soccer team got tied at home by a NAIA school!! Are you kidding me!!  You had better hope you beat UNO on Sunday. That is probably St. Marys biggest moral victory ever in any sport. Thank goodness your football team is playing halfway decent to take the spotlight off some of these embarrassing losses in other sports. I'd put that up there with Nebraska's 70-10 loss at Texas Tech.  I have seen you make fun of USD for playing schools like Upper Iowa. At least they beat them. For those of you who don't know College of St. Marys is an all girls school in Omaha. If you are getting tied by NAIA schools, I figured that you ought to know something about them. I know, I know, you are looking at the long term picture of this move to D1. But in the meantime it's OK to tie an NAIA school at home?? I will be anxious to hear how you spin that one.

Mavericks #1

Re: St. Mary's ????

We are in a reclassification period and maybe St Mary's is a good team. I have not followed. I know this however. We made the right choice in going D1 and it does not hang on a tie with a NAIA school in soccer. Why should we care what some participating voyeurers from Omaha have to say about SDSU. You and your buddies are beyond lurking.  ;D

Comment

We are called interested spectators. I don't think I would be as interested if there wasn't so much blind optimism on this site. Like I have said many times in the past that optimism doesn't mesh at all with my experience watching umkc make the move. So I plan to continue to watch your move closely to see if it will be different. So far in fb it has been a lot better than I thought but not in anything else.
      Heck, it's all public information. If you don't want me to know don't call in your scores to the argus leader and don't post stuff on your sdsu web site.
      Really I will bet that over at college of st mary that is the biggest moral "victory" their coach has ever had. It is truly David vs. Goliath there.
      Also, I noticed you invited UNO to your xmas bb tourney which we are eternally grateful for but decided instead to play the 2 wayne states. I suspect your coach knows he is down this year and we are way way up and you would get wacked by uno in all probability. But I know it doesn't matter bc you are d1 and we are lowly d2 and you are a landgrant univ. also.

Comment

SDSU had two studies completed prior to the announcement. Neither of the studies made reference to UMKC, and how they struggled.  We could not give a dog's turd about UMKC.  What happen during their move is no concern of ours.

As far as the men's bb tourney, UNO gets some $$$ for coming. What is to say, UNO would handle SDSU? Coach Nagy will have the Jacks going in the right direction in a hurry. I am not worried, ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          I'd put that up there with Nebraska's 70-10 loss at Texas Tech.  
          That might be the single most stupid thing ever written on this board. You mean to tell me as a Nebraskan that any women's soccer game compairs to any football game. Especially the WORST loss in Nebraska football history. Come on I know you guys are jealous and have fits of hysteria when trying to dig on the Jacks, but let's get real. SDSU didn't even lose the soccer game in question. Sad.

Comment

A few months ago I was given great advice by another member of this board when I responded to someone's stupid post. So, I share that wisdom: Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Thank God for morons. They help the rest of us appreciate all we have. Pity is the word, pity.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree that the 70-10 analogy is over the top.  But since you don't live in omaha you do not understand the magnitude of a small struggling all girls catholic school beating (a tie is like a win to them in this case) a d1 land grant university that outspends them probably 20-1 if not more and has more resources in their intramural program than college of st mary will ever hope to have in their athletic budget.  I know you people will spin this into no big deal but to the good people at college of st mary it was huge.  REally if I was the AD at Sdsu and if I even cared about soccer I would call the soccer coach in after that game and ask WTF happened where we can't beat college of st mary.  They do have a good nursing program though.  Don't think just bc they have a winning record that makes it more tolerable for you - they have a winning record playing absolutely terrible teams.
                I do find that game amazing but in the big picture the sports that are important imho are
                1. basketball - mens
                2.  fb
                3 womens bb 4. wrestling
                5. volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball
                6  track and cross country
                7.  the rest of them mean nothing
                By the way when the huskers lost 70-10 it wasn't seen as any big deal any longer bc the huskers are no big deal any longer

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                  I agree that the 70-10 analogy is over the top.  But since you don't live in omaha you do not understand the magnitude of a small struggling all girls catholic school beating (a tie is like a win to them in this case) a d1 land grant university that outspends them probably 20-1 if not more and has more resources in their intramural program than college of st mary will ever hope to have in their athletic budget.  I know you people will spin this into no big deal but to the good people at college of st mary it was huge.  REally if I was the AD at Sdsu and if I even cared about soccer I would call the soccer coach in after that game and ask WTF happened where we can't beat college of st mary.  They do have a good nursing program though.  Don't think just bc they have a winning record that makes it more tolerable for you - they have a winning record playing absolutely terrible teams.
                  I do find that game amazing but in the big picture the sports that are important imho are
                  1. basketball - mens
                  2.  fb
                  3 womens bb  4. wrestling
                  5. volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball
                  6  track and cross country
                  7.  the rest of them mean nothing
                  By the way when the huskers lost 70-10 it wasn't seen as any big deal any longer bc the huskers are no big deal any longer
                  You could have wrote blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. It would have read the same as this useless drivel. Don't you have anything better to do?

Comment

Working...
                  X