Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
    If the intent of the Craig and Mike show is to load the show with as many guests as possible than you are realizing your goals. I have lived in many large metro areas listening to the local sports radio stations and typically they balance interviews with a format of open calls. Case in Point on todays show: I'm not sure the fact the Canaries are testing a new hotdog and want to advertise this on your show is news warranting on the air time?  Why don't they just buy add space? I realize you have to balance a lot in 2 hours  of time and in most cases many interviews are just someone marketing their product.
    That is a good point. I will keep that in mind the next time I am going to have Matt Einspahr on to talk about the Stan Marshall tourney or the SDSU equipment manager on to talk about the surplus auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H

That is a good point. I will keep that in mind the next time I am going to have Matt Einspahr on to talk about the Stan Marshall tourney or the SDSU equipment manager on to talk about the surplus auction.
      Mike:
      Very good sarcasm, but you do make a point. I think 89rabbit is right on in making a pretty good market analysis of the signal from KWSN which is all they have to offer other than the internet streaming. I can see now why Craig and Mike have from time to time have asked internet listerners to send emails letting KWSN know that you are listening.  Maybe the thing for SDSU fans to do in that email is to indicate that you appreciate the Rabbit Report and other free publicity that KWSN does offer. We should not always expect that SDSU-USD coverage to be precisely balanced.   That just my thoughts. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
        Mrs. Ports,

I almost forgot, Southern University (you know the team that SDSU beat earlier this year) is playing on National TV (NBC) right now.  Check it out.  I wonder if Peru St. has ever even been on NE Public TV?
        Ya, We all saw Southern get beat on TV, they were only on TV because of their band. Peru St. probably has never been on TV, but UND was on national TV just last year and might be again this year. However, they won't be on there because of their band.
        I just got into this forum and I heard everyone blowing about what tough teams the Jacks are playing so I had to look at their schedule of home men's basketball games because I thought I might want to attend some of them. I was very disappointed to find them playing teams like: Mayville St., Wayne St., Buena Vista, Bellevue, Morningside, and Upper Iowa. SDSU is playing an easier schedule than they ever have. Don't brag about your schedule and criticize USD's when this is what your home schedule looks like. I guess they have gotten beat by some good teams on the road, but anyone can get beat to a good team, thats nothing to brag about.
        The Kentucky women was a nice win but they were picked to get 11th in the conference. Kentucky's women would have placed about 4th or 5th in the NCC last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          Don't let Mrs. Ports or any others like her get to you.  How would you feel if one of your hardworking, respectable, enthusiastic, optimistic, etc.. co-workers received a promotion, bonus, raise, elevation in quality of life, etc.. because of their merits?

Oh yeah, beacause you are all of the things I just used to describe your co-worker you would be happy for them.  Soon the same rewards will come your way.  

However, Mrs. Ports is a USD student, alumni, fan, sympathizer (like Mike_H) so they feel jealous, angry, upset, disappointed, etc..  Take your pick.  They know given their current situation that the future holds nothing deserving of aspirations, in turn, they have none.  Instead they resort to outright insults and projections of failure or more subtle undertones (as heard on the Craig and Mike show) expressing dislike for their more successful and aspiring associate.

When they need us (they will come knocking), we will be there, but for now its best just to ignore them.  I for one prefer to minimize the annoyances of life.  
          JackMD, What do you mean by "When they come knocking, we will be there." Do you mean the way you came knocking to USD and they took you in. Without USD you are just Jack, just plain ole Jack with a biology degree. There would be no MD behind your name Jack. When it came time for you to really get educated you came crawling down to USD for them to do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff
            Ya, We all saw Southern get beat on TV, they were only on TV because of their band. Peru St. probably has never been on TV, but UND was on national TV just last year and might be again this year.  However, they won't be on there because of their band.
            I just got into this forum and I heard everyone blowing about what tough teams the Jacks are playing so I had to look at their schedule of home men's basketball games because I thought I might want to attend some of them.  I was very disappointed to find them playing teams like: Mayville St., Wayne St., Buena Vista, Bellevue, Morningside, and Upper Iowa.  SDSU is playing an easier schedule than they ever have.  Don't brag about your schedule and criticize USD's when this is what your home schedule looks like.  I guess they have gotten beat by some good teams on the road, but anyone can get beat to a good team, thats nothing to brag about.
            The Kentucky women was a nice win but they were picked to get 11th in the conference. Kentucky's women would have placed about 4th or 5th in the NCC last year.
            Sportsbuff,

I can see you have found your place on this board.  Lots of smack and no facts to back any of it up.  Southern finished the Season 8-3 and ranked in the top 25 of I-AA.  One of the nice things about I-AA football is you can get on National and Reginal TV without it being the Championship game, heck it dosen't even have to be a playoff game.  I watched NDSU play UNC in Kansas City on Fox Sports Net.

Next this year's home schedule isn't the best, but it is our transition year.  Next season looks a whole lot better.  

Next year's ('05-'06) D-I home schedule looks like this so far:

UMKC
            Tennesee St.
            Denver
            Butler
            Manhattan
            Southeast Missouri St.
            Wisconsin-Milwaukee

D-I away games already set:

Nebraska
            Montana St.
            San Diego St.
            Central Florida
            Marquette

So I guess we will see you in Frost in '05-06'. As for this year being easy . . . Name me one other team in SD that is playing even one NCAA Tournament qualifying team let alone multiple qualifiers like the Jacks are. :

Finally your comment about Kentucky Women's basketball finishing 4th or 5th in the NCC.  All I can say is hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.  Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Sportsbuff,

I can see you have found your place on this board.  Lots of smack and no facts to back any of it up.  Southern finished the Season 8-3 and ranked in the top 25 of I-AA.  One of the nice things about I-AA football is you can get on National and Reginal TV without it being the Championship game, heck it dosen't even have to be a playoff game.  I watched NDSU play UNC in Kansas City on Fox Sports Net.

Next this year's home schedule isn't the best, but it is our transition year.  Next season looks a whole lot better.  

Next year's ('05-'06) D-I home schedule looks like this so far:

UMKC
              Tennesee St.
              Denver
              Butler
              Manhattan
              Southeast Missouri St.
              Wisconsin-Milwaukee

D-I away games already set:

Nebraska
              Montana St.
              San Diego St.
              Central Florida
              Marquette

Finally your comment about Kentucky Women's basketball finishing 4th or 5th in the NCC.  All I can say is hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.  Good one!
              Rabbit, as far as your home games next year go I'll have to take your word for it that a lot of those are D-I teams. Nobody has heard of most of those teams.
              As if anyone is going to watch a I-AA regular season football game. I love football and I have never even watched a I-AA national title game.
              KY women would have gotten 5th last year, behind the two SD schools and the two ND schools.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Rabbit, as far as your home games next year go I'll have to take your word for it that a lot of those are D-I teams.  Nobody has heard of most of those teams.
                As if anyone is going to watch a I-AA regular season football game.  I love football and I have never even watched a I-AA national title game.
                KY women would have gotten 5th last year, behind the two SD schools and the two ND schools.
                Never heard of Butler, Manhattan, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. : Haven't you ever filled out a NCAA Tournament bracket for an office poll or something? You aren't much of a sports buff then are you. :-[ You do know where Missouri, Tennessee and Denver are right? I'll bet if you asked most people in those three places where Peru St., Augustana, and/or Dana was you would get a blank stare. I-AA football is on TV every week, someone is watching otherwise the networks wouldn't show the games. Sorry to hear that you have missed so much. Can't afford cabel huh? :'( Bummer. And as far as your Kentucky comment goes I again say hahahahahahahahahahah. Good one.

Go State! ;D

Comment

sports_duff is exactly the kind of trash that gives USD its bad reputation. If he used a little more profanity I might think he was a Mueller. Not one intelligent comment because he can't get past his feelings of inadequacy, jealousy and outright rage. I would expound but things might get too personal.

Each of us shoul be thankful we're not like him. If he wasn't casting insults towards us he would be bullying some kid on the corner trying to score his lunch money.

As for "crawling" to USDSM; I can't discredit them with regards to my success, but more telling, I will give full credit to my experience and education at SDSU and hence my full support, both monetary and moral, to SDSU.

Just for clarity, my degrees include a B.S. in Chemistry and Microbiology from SDSU. Medicine is a 2nd career for me.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Never heard of Butler, Manhattan, Wisconsin-Milwaukee.  :   Haven't you ever filled out a NCAA Tournament bracket for an office poll or something? You aren't much of a sports buff then are you.  :-[  You do know where Missouri, Tennessee and Denver are right?  I'll bet if you asked most people in those three places where Peru St., Augustana, and/or Dana was you would get a blank stare.  I-AA football is on TV every week, someone is watching otherwise the networks wouldn't show the games.  Sorry to hear that you have missed so much.  Can't afford cabel huh? :'(   Bummer.  And as far as your Kentucky comment goes I again say hahahahahahahahahahah.  Good one.    

Go State!   ;D  

I wasn't really referring to Manhattan and Butler, my comment had more to do with teams like: UMKC, Tenn. St., and Southeast Miss. St. I certainly know where Denver is but few people know Denver is a college, much less a D-I college. I also know where Tennessee is but I have no idea where Tenn. St. is and either would you if the Jacks didn't have them on their schedule next year.
                    You don't need to be sorry for me missing so much, I do have cable and I choose to watch games with teams that I have heard of. While you have been spending your time watching teams like Southern and Tenn. St. play I have been watching games like Miami v. Florida St and Oklahoma v. Texas. I guess I should be sorry that you have missed so much.
                    Maybe I would get a blank stare from people in those places, when asked about Augie and Dana, however I don't live in those places. I live in this place where people have to ask "Who the hell is that Georgia Southern team that just beat SDSU 63-7?"

Comment

I get your point.  Just think if people don't know who D-I Tennessee State is they will have no idea who D-II University of South Dakota is.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

NCAA D-I basetball tournament, can't get in it if you aren't D-I.  Best of luck to USD in their pursuit of D-II glory.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Next three Men's Basketball Games:

SDSU:

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
                        Southeast Missouri State
                        Marquette

USD:

Southwest Minnesota St.
                        Minnesota St. Moorhead
                        Dana

Any questions?

Go State! ;D

Comment

Next three Men's Basketball Games:

SDSU:

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
                          Southeast Missouri State
                          Marquette

USD:

Southwest Minnesota St.
                          Minnesota St. Moorhead
                          Dana

Any questions?

Go State!  ;D
                          I don't have any questions, lets compare records at the end of these three games. State's should be pretty good, only one of those teams you named are any good. By the way, it will sure be nice to be able to attend all 3 games. Hopefully you are around a radio for your games.
                          I would say USD has as good of chance as SDSU to make the D-I tournament this year.
                          The thing you don't get about the Tenn. St. comment is, I don't care if Tenn St. knows where USD is at and obviously being a no name D-I team is going to help them figure it out, thats what they are and nobody knows where they are at.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                            sports_duff is exactly the kind of trash that gives USD its bad reputation.  If he used a little more profanity I might think he was a Mueller.  Not one intelligent comment because he can't get past his feelings of inadequacy, jealousy and outright rage.  I would expound but things might get too personal.

Each of us shoul be thankful we're not like him.  If he wasn't casting insults towards us he would be bullying some kid on the corner trying to score his lunch money.

As for "crawling" to USDSM; I can't discredit them with regards to my success, but more telling, I will give full credit to my experience and education at SDSU and hence my full support, both monetary and moral, to SDSU.

Just for clarity, my degrees include a B.S. in Chemistry and Microbiology from SDSU.  Medicine is a 2nd career for me.
                            Wow Jack, I must have touched a sore spot. I wasn't even casting insults and do you really think I would be bullying kids for their lunch money just because I said you wouldn't have a MD if it wasn't for USD. I wasn't aware of USD's bad reputation that you speak of, but if they do have one I doubt it's because of them pointing out that you went there to get your MD. Thats what you call terrible trash and outright rage. The only one to show any rage here is you Jack.
                            A little more profanity and you might think I'm a Mueller, huh? Don't I have to use some profanity before I can use more of it. Besides, the only time I've seen Mueller use any profanity is when that thug Marquise bit him in the leg during the game at the dome. Good Day.

Comment

Sports_bluff,

I tell you I understand your point.  You are ok with being a big  fish (sort of) in a small pound.  Nothing wrong with that.  SDSU aspires to be more.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I tell you I understand your point.  You are ok with being a big (sort of) fish in a little pound.  Nothing wrong with that.  SDSU aspires to be more.  

Go State!  ;D
                                wanting to be a little fish in a big pond compared to wanting to be a big fish in a medium sized pond, is one really more aspiring than the other? Thats very debatable.

Comment

Working...
                                X