Wrestling:  Princeton

UNO
    Men's Basketball:  Wayne St.
    Women's Basketball:  College of St. Mary
    Wrestling:  Nebraska Kearney

USD
    Men's Basketball:  Wayne St.
    Women's Basketball:  Mount Mercy
    Wrestling:  Like Baseball, it doesn't exist at USD.

It is good to be D-I!  8)

Re: USC, Marquette, Princeton

Combine that with most recent graduation rates from the NCAA:

SDSU
    All students: 53 percent
    Student athletes: 73 percent

UNO
    All students: 36 percent
    Student athletes: 60 percent

USD
    All students: 50 percent
    Student athletes: 58 percent

Comment

I think those two posts say it all!

Comment

Interesting stats. UNO gets a lot of inner city kids who have financial problems that skews those numbers a bit. But sdsu has impressive numbers.
        But you have to win. DOesn't matter if you play impressive people - eventually you have to win. You will win some games like umkc does sometimes but will it be enough to make people happy. We shall see.
        89 Rabbit - I hear you people in KC are building a new arena to catch up to Omaha. I am surprised they aren't building it in Johnson County where all the money is. Probably most of the people at Kemper most nights are from Johnson County.
        So far your vb team has done well, your soccer team is terrible, your fb team was good but really only beat one d1aa team (the former ncc schools are still glorified d2 schools) and your men's bb team stinks. Women's bb is fine, too but the jury is out on whether you will be ultimately successful in men's bb and fb. I am originally from Missouri - you have to "Show Me". So far you haven't except the Southern victory which was impressive. But UMKC beat KState the other year and one victory doesn't make a season or career.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN SDSU AND UMKC!!!

Did you hear me that time?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
            But UMKC beat KState the other year and one victory doesn't make a season or career.

Maybe Mav#1 should read this because he apparently thinks the loss to SEMO is a defining moment.

Comment

we haven't shown you anything yet in men's basketball, but don't you think they should get more than 4 games to show you? We better move the Nebraska Cornhuskers down to D2 next year because they were bad in d1. They will never get any better, because things never change. UMKC has been d1 for at least a couple years I know, and they haven't shown you anything. We've been d1 for about 5 months. See a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                Combine that with most recent graduation rates from the NCAA:

SDSU

UNO

USD
                JackGuy was correct when he said this post says it all. This tells me that my friends who went to SDSU weren't kidding when they said you have to try hard to flunk out of SDSU. People from my high school, who barely made it through high school, graduated from SDSU with honors. Don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone who goes to SDSU barely made it through high school, obviously that is not the case. I thought my friends exaggerated on how easy it was to get through, but after looking at your numbers I think they may have been telling the truth.
                I think Southease Vo-Tech has a high graduation rate as well. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

JackGuy was correct when he said this post says it all. This tells me that my friends who went to SDSU weren't kidding when they said you have to try hard to flunk out of SDSU.  People from my high school, who barely made it through high school, graduated from SDSU with honors. Don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone who goes to SDSU barely made it through high school, obviously that is not the case. I thought my friends exaggerated on how easy it was to get through, but after looking at your numbers I think they may have been telling the truth.
                  I think Southease Vo-Tech has a high graduation rate as well. ;D
                  Only speaking from personal experience, but medical school at USD was not a difficult experience.  My undergraduate courses in biochemistry and chemistry at SDSU were much more difficult.  This is in part, of course, due to the fact that I was more mature as a medical student.

However, I will tell you this, it is harder to "flunk" out of medical school at USD than it is to get in (if you know what I mean).  The professors and administration do everything they can to make sure that any student who sneaks past the acceptance committee (especially if they were a USD undergrad or Mickelson scholar) gets their MD degree, even if they aren't ready to enter residency. The best students in my medical school class were not the USD grads.

As for the law school at USD, I challenge you to find one person on this board who couldn't get accepted and complete the course work.  After completing his degree at SDSU, my brother didn't even bother with USD when considering law schools.  Finally, don't ask me why I chose USDSM, I have my reasons, and noone here cares.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Having low graduation rates (especially amoung athletes) is nothing to be proud of.  : :-/ :-[

On the other hand, here is something to be proud of:

Of the 826 students that qualified for the Opportunity Scholarship (*Students qualify by taking a rigorous course of study in high school, maintaining a strong grade-point average and scoring at least 24 on the ACT.) 354 chose SDSU, 174 chose USD, and 180 chose other schools in the state.

*quoted from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader Story written by Terry Woster.

http://www.argusleader.com/news/Mondayarticle2.shtml

Go State; South Dakota’s only D-I University academically and athletically!  8) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

However, I will tell you this, it is harder to "flunk" out of medical school at USD than it is to get in (if you know what I mean).  The professors and administration do everything they can to make sure that any student who sneaks past the acceptance committee (especially if they were a USD undergrad or Mickelson scholar) gets their MD degree, even if they aren't ready to enter residency.  The best students in my medical school class were not the USD grads.

As for the law school at USD, I challenge you to find one person on this board who couldn't get accepted and complete the course work.  After completing his degree at SDSU, my brother didn't even bother with USD when considering law schools.  Finally, don't ask me why I chose USDSM, I have my reasons, and noone here cares.
                      Wow Jack, I hope the other USD lawgrads on this board don't take offense to your comment. I don't take much of what you say seriously so I'm personally not offended, but I only speak for myself.
                      I do know what you mean by it being harder to get into USDSM than flunking out. The Committee tries to do a good job of weeding people out before coming to med school. Getting into med school is a very difficult thing whether you are a USD grad or not, it might help if your daddy is a Dr. I also know what you mean by some of your undergrad classes being tougher than your med school classes. My girlfriend is in med school and she was a math major at USD, she has also said that her math classes were harder than her med school classes. The hard part of med school is all the information you need to absorb and the constant studying you have to do with a test every week. Thats what she says anyways, I don't need to tell you what the hard part of medical school is.
                      Man I hope JackJD doesn't read your last post. That was harsh.

Comment

I agree with 89Rabbit. I'll take high graduation rates, especially among athletes, over low rates any day.

Sports_buff: You weren't serious in that post, were you? Are you seriouslly trying to put forth an argument that it is better to fail with graduation rates than it is to succeed? I hope you were kidding or just trying to get a rise out of the Jackrabbit faithful.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                          I agree with 89Rabbit.  I'll take high graduation rates, especially among athletes, over low rates any day.

Sports_buff:  You weren't serious in that post, were you?  Are you seriouslly trying to put forth an argument that it is better to fail with graduation rates than it is to succeed?  I hope you were kidding or just trying to get a rise out of the Jackrabbit faithful.
                          I was partially kidding and yes I was trying to get a rise out of Jackrabbit nation. Obviously you don't want low graduation rates. I will say having high ones doesn't automatically mean you are a good school, it could mean you have an easy school. However, I will say having low rates doesn't automatically mean you have a tough school. Basically I was trying to get a rise.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Wow Jack, I hope the other USD lawgrads on this board don't take offense to your comment. I don't take much of what you say seriously so I'm personally not offended, but I only speak for myself.
                            I do know what you mean by it being harder to get into USDSM than flunking out.  The Committee tries to do a good job of weeding people out before coming to med school.  Getting into med school is a very difficult thing whether you are a USD grad or not, it might help if your daddy is a Dr.  I also know what you mean by some of your undergrad classes being tougher than your med school classes.  My girlfriend is in med school and she was a math major at USD, she has also said that her math classes were harder than her med school classes. The hard part of med school is all the information you need to absorb and the constant studying you have to do with a test every week. Thats what she says anyways, I don't need to tell you what the hard part of medical school is.
                            Man I hope JackJD doesn't read your last post. That was harsh.
                            sport_buff,

I treat the antagonism between doctor and lawyer similar to the way I treat the antagonism between USD and SDSU. In both cases each party has their own positive attributes, accomplishments and future promise. Some to a greater degree than others. In return, despite great satisfaction with what they have (in most cases) there still tends to be a sense of jealousy or a desire to protect what is already accomplished.

When you submit a post that is critical of SDSU I feel a twinge of anxiety, maybe even jealousy. In return I try to defend what I own. In this forum there is a greater degree for acceptance of satire (at least by some) so I tend to expound on topics to a greater degree than I should. Sort of an abuse of literary freedom. I then have time to consider my reply and retract things as deemed necessary. Kind of like tucking your tail between your legs without anyone knowing.

So, what I'm saying, is I am sure jackJD and any other USD law school grads on the board will "survive" my comments regarding their JD training. As for comments and satire directed towards myself or my profession, I WON'T STAND FOR IT!! Not here or anywhere. (I am of course just kidding)

Comment

SDSU

UNO

USD

(*edited by the moderator for content)