Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice choke job Rabbitts

Originally posted by sports_buff

This is without a doubt the best post I have ever read. I've been wondering myself how the good Doc finds the time to post so often. It's no knock on the Doc because I think it's great that he has been able to find a job in his profession that allows him so much time on the computer, that is rare in the medical field.  Kudos to JackMD for finding a job that allows him to post all day long.
    I don't need to explain, but for you boys I will. I just hope I don't confuse you.

At the institution where I currently practice we spend different blocks throughout the year in different specialties. This month I am reading pulmonary funtion tests (PFT), overnight sleep studies and performing cardiopulmonary exercise stress tests. Most of the work is done by techs and then I interpret the results. Its a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the clinic and the hospital. Last year I was completing a 12 month block of research in the basic science lab, again allowing me a lot of free time (hence the 1000+ posts).

For the first quarter of 2005 I will be in the ICU (as a physician, not a patient) and my presence on the board will be significantly less. Sorry to disappoint. One of the perks that comes with being good at what you do is the opportunity for some flexibility. Given the holiday season I chose an easier block for November and December. I doubt thats an option for you boys.

Don't worry about me or my patients. In fact, if you would like a medical evaluation, 2nd opinion, or just want to check out our facilities, send me a private message and I will be happy to oblige. Better do it before January, though, things will be too busy then. You can bet I'll find time during the early morning hours to check out this site, though. The residents and med students can plug the hole in the dike for a little while.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
      jack md,  If I had a terminal disease I would love to have you as a doctor bc you are so optimistic in the face of so much gloom.  ON the other hand though I would worry  about your work ethic bc you are always posting on this site.  I guess it is better than being on some adult oriented site but I just didn't realize that doctors had the kind of free time to continually post on a board like this.
      But I don't mean to embarrass you.  Bill STeinke of D2fb.com fame posts 10 posts a day every single day of the year on d2fb.com.  You have a long way to go before you get there.  Pity the rabbit!!
      Ignorance and a less then keen intellect,  those are worse than a terminal disease.  You (and those like you, sports_buff pay attention) are afflicted with one of the worse ailments known to man, pure envy.  An affliction that knows no cure and likely never will.  This defines you:

"to feel displeasure and ill will at the superiority of another person/entity in happiness, success, reputation or the possession of anything desirable."

Lastly, having had the privelage to care for many patients and families confronted with terminal illness, I can tell you this, they have a perspective that you will never be able to appreciate, never.  I wouldn't take that lightly and niether should you, oh wait, your not capable of grasping the significance of what I just said.  Sorry I wasted your invaluable time.  Worst of all, I think your beyond deserving of compassion.  Empathy I would grant you if ever in dire need, but compassion is reserved for those deserving.  You have a long way to go before earning that distinction.  

Have a nice day, I know I will.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

overnight sleep studies

Hey Doc,

Looking at some of the times some of these boarders are posting, I think that you might have some volunteers for your sleep studies.

Mav#1  

P.S. You also might want to do some pulmonary function tests on your mens B-ball team after that terrible choking epsiode against Semo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          overnight sleep studies

Hey Doc,

Looking at some of the times some of these boarders are posting, I think that you might have some volunteers for your sleep studies.

Mav#1  

Sleep studies dont need volunteers, they use people who are afflicted with sleep apena. I have it and its no joke to wear a mask every night in order to not later have a heart condition.  So once again your joke is cruel, but thats okay, you have no heart. Mav 1 only HAS an angry vision towards any instittuion that goes D1. Your UNO Steers, no balls have to stay D2 and you cant stand it How does it feel to be a steer?.

Comment

overnight sleep studies

Hey Doc,

Mav#1  

Excellent observation, maybe you're a little more keen than your Omaha counterpart.  Sleep apnea is a bigger problem than most people realize.  Worse yet, untreated or undertreated, it can cause significant health problems, even death.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Sorry I wasted your valuable time.  
              This is all I really took from your speech. I just want to let you know that it is quite alright.

I can't speak for Big Jake but I would like everyone to know that I do not envy State nor do I wish them ill will. I wish them lots of success in D-I, I just fear that the move might not be as successful as you think. If the goal is to be a low level D-I team then I do think you could be very successful, in fact there are plenty of low level D-I teams out there that your men can beat--I think. I have a feeling you guys are setting your sights bigger than that, as you should since I don't think being a low level D-I team would be a step up from what you were before. I don't hope State will fail, I just fear they might.
              While you were wrong about me being envious of State and their move you might be right about me being envy. I am envy of you JackMD, that you have a job that allows you so much time to post. I wish I had that. Being a public defender I do spend most of my time in a court room. As I've said before I'm not making fun of you in how much you post; I think it's great that you have that time.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

This is all I really took from your speech.  I just want to let you know that it is quite alright.

I can't speak for Big Jake but I would like everyone to know that I do not envy State nor do I wish them ill will. I wish them lots of success in D-I, I just fear that the move might not be as successful as you think. If the goal is to be a low level D-I team then I do think you could be very successful, in fact there are plenty of low level D-I teams out there that your men can beat--I think. I have a feeling you guys are setting your sights bigger than that, as you should since I don't think being a low level D-I team would be a step up from what you were before. I don't hope State will fail, I just fear they might.
                While you were wrong about me being envious of State and their move you might be right about me being envy. I am envy of you JackMD, that you have a job that allows you so much time to post.  I wish I had that. Being a public defender I do spend most of my time in a court room. As I've said before I'm not making fun of you in how much you post; I think it's great that you have that time.
                I'm really not to concerned about you or any of those not affiliated with SDSU who post their concerns regarding the move to DI here. I would like you to have a better understanding of the significance of the move, but it appears that will take time. Its not about beating the Sooners in FB or the Huskies in BB.

Feel free to be jealous of whatever you like, but envy is never a desirable emotion. The two are different.

Lastly, lets not discuss each other anymore. It makes me a little uncomfortable, even defensive (if you can't tell). For that I apologize. I don't know any of you on a personal basis and should not rush to judgement. That said, don't take the previous posts to seriously. I suspect you won't.

Comment

A triple split personality, Mav 1, Big Jake and now Sport_buff. Any more personalities out there that want to join the UNO Steer club?

Comment

Multiple choice question for you rabbitt fans

Who is this guy?

A.  My vote for College Player of the Year

B. Southeast Missouri player who had not made a basket until he drained a three to beat SDSU

C.  Second most famous person to come out of the Cape since Rush Limbaugh

D.  Mike (Frickin) Nelke

E.  All of the above

Mavs #1

Hint :  Guess E

Comment

I hate to brake it to you but the disappointment from the SEMO loss lasted about two hours. Sure it would have been nice to win our first D-I game but that's all that was at stake with this game.

I am sure the disappointment that you felt when UNO won a watered down NCC football crown and was not invited to the D-II playoffs was far worse and longer lasting then our loss to SEMO (what was that kids name again?) .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Maverick 1 - that is one of the funnier posts I have read on this site. Good job!!
                        I know sdsu is hurting for donations - as good as mr nelte feels about sdsu right now maybe he and/or his family would like to contribute toward your d1 fund. I suspect they feel really good about sdsu these days.

Comment

If the goal is to be a low level D-I team then I do think you could be very successful, in fact there are plenty of low level D-I teams out there that your men can beat--I think. I have a feeling you guys are setting your sights bigger than that, as you should since I don't think being a low level D-I team would be a step up from what you were before. I don't hope State will fail, I just fear they might.

Can I get an Amen from the congregation. Sports Buff you hit the nail right on the head. But trying to convince these rabbitt fans that it could be the wrong move is like trying to convince OJ that he whacked Nicole. I can fully appreciate people being optimistic about their sports teams. But these Rabbitt fans are off the scale. They are all wearing rose-colored glasses with blinders.
                          That is the main reason that I run smack at them is because someone has to bring them back to reality. If they were able to question some things their athletic teams and administration are doing I would be less likely to run smack at them. It is just one big lovefest.
                          Got to go before JackMD recruits me for one of his sleep studies. JBNJBQ, where are you at?  Did funnypics.com run out of pictures or are you trying to come up with a new way to call us all idiots.

Mike (Frickin) Nelke

Comment

Can I get an Amen from the congregation.
                            Your quote gave me a good idea to help explain to you why you are not received very well here.  We Jackrabbit fans ARE the congregation.  You are some sort of atheist who comes into our church to tell us God doen't exist. Not surprising the reaction you get.  >

Go State!  ;D

P.S. just in case you don't know what an atheist is:

a·the·ist    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (th-st)
                            n.
                            One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Comment

I'll have to admit the post with Mike "Frickin" Melte's picture on it is the funniest post I have ever seen on this board.

Comment

I agree. That picture is histerical. Seriouslly, that is a funny post. Even funnier, he'd probably start for UNO.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X