Nice choke job Rabbitts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice choke job Rabbitts

THAT'S Mike Frickin' Nelte? I hope he has a nice personality.

Comment

OK Jackrabbit

Sorry for the over sight. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have fixed it.

Mike (Frickin) Nelke

Comment

Actually its a picture of Mavs 1 ....
        That picture is funny ( a first for anything Mavs has ever posted)

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          OK Jackrabbit

Sorry for the over sight. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have fixed it.

Mike (Frickin) Nelte
          How can we ever get angry with Mavs#1 again when he's got that pic of Mike Frickin' Nelte under his name? I don't know why, but that just cracks me up.

Just for the record, though, I looked him up and it's Mike Frickin' Nelke, with a "k".

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            OK Jackrabbit

Mike (Frickin) Nelte
            For all the Nelke fans!! Mav, you know a lot about repetative motion injuries to the wrist. Maybe you can help Frickin Nelke out.

Nelke will have MRI today on left wrist

The hero of Saturday's buzzer victory has had an ongoing injury.
            By Marty Mishow ~ Southeast Missourian

Despite hitting a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer to beat South Dakota State Saturday night, all is still not well with Southeast Missouri State University senior guard Mike Nelke's left wrist.

Southeast coach Gary Garner said Tuesday that X-rays recently taken appear to indicate either a slight break or a deep contusion. Garner said Nelke is scheduled to have an MRI today, which should determine just exactly what is wrong with the wrist.

"He's still been having problems with it," Garner said.

Nelke's only basket of the season so far lifted Southeast (2-3) to a wild 59-58 win over visiting South Dakota State after the Jackrabbits led by 17 points with 8:34 remaining. Nelke has seen limited action so far because of the injury.

"You're so happy for a kid when they're able to do that," Garner said. "You think he'll ever forget that shot? He'll be telling his grandkids about it."

Garner believes there is a solid chance that Nelke, a key member of Southeast's guard rotation, will be able to play Thursday night when Southeast hosts Montana (2-3) no matter what the MRI determines. But Garner added: "You really just don't know. It worries you that it keeps bothering him."

Also on the injury front, junior forward James White continues to be sidelined with a knee ailment that could force him to miss the entire season. White has not yet seen any game action and he has participated in only a few practices.

But Southeast was bolstered Saturday night by the return of senior guard Derek Winans, who had missed the first four games with a stress fracture. Winans appeared healthy and played 18 minutes.

"Derek had a good first outing and it was great to have him back," Garner said. "
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congrats Mav1 on such a great post. It sounds like you are in tight with all the Jack fans now. By the way it sounds you will be getting invitations over to 89 rabbit's house and jack md's house. You're the man - Mav1. 89 rabbit lives in johnson county,ks where there is lots of money so that could be fun and jack, md is well a doctor and he probably has a nice house, too.
              That picture is just hilarious - it is so cheesy with that over exaggerated laugh. It looks like it was taken immed. after the game with the guy both exhilarated and stunned by his only success this year for semo.
              But Mav1- all is made up now with those jack fans - you are the man!!
              Maybe now they will listen to your many cogent points about the mighty struggles of sdsu that are on the horizon. No - the chances of that are about as great as sdsu beating marquette in men's basketball.

Comment

big jake - your post sucked. Try a picture next time.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Milwaukee Jack, I wanted to give kudos to mav1 for a great post. Losing hurts - I know. Please don't take it out on me. You will win some games sometime sooner or later.

Comment

bigjake

I wasn't talking about winning or losing, just about the quality of your post. I sensed an attempt at humor but it was buried with all the sarcasm, so I felt the post sucked. Thus, I suggested you try using a picture in the future as your UNO compadre did. Then some of us may gloss over the fact that you seem to have an unhealthy fascination with SDSU and it's supporters and simply just laugh at you instead. I mean, I look at the picture of Mike Frickin Nelke and I laugh. You see, anyone who has spent anytime in competitive athletics has lost because of a Mike Frickin Nelke somewhere along the way. It's healthy to laugh about it. Otherwise you may become consumed and bitter and end up on someone else's fan site venting. So, try using a picture.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Rabbitt fans,

Here is a picture of Mike (Frickin) Nelke draining the infamous shot heard round the world. I am in the process of starting up a Mike Nelke Fan Club for any of you who might be interested. Of course I will be the president of this club and have contacted Big Jake's and Sports Buff's agents to see if they would accept the posts of Vice President and Public Relations.
                                 Membership into the club will get you a life size poster of the above picture signed by Mr. Nelke. He has agreed to personalize each poster and autograph each one with the signature Mike (Frickin) Nelke. He has also agreed to put together an instructional video for your kids on how to miss all of your shots during the season and then when it counts most hit the game winning shot and become a Cult Hero like he is. One lucky member and their spouse will get to have dinner with Mr. Nelke on the exact spot on the court where he drained the game winner and get to a play by play account of how it happened from the man himself.
                                  When I talked to him last night he told me that the wrist injury that he suffered was from all the autographs that he has be signing. He assured me that he would be all right. He also told me that he is in the final stages of putting together a book deal and that lifetime has contacted him to put together a documentary on his life.  
                                   In closing, anybody who is interested in joining the club just shoot me a private message and I will foward the information on how to join this exclusive club. Thanks in advance for your interest.

Mike (Frickin) Nelke
                                                     Mavs#1

Comment

In reading bigjake's last couple posts I'm reminded of a great quote I read many years ago. That being, "Blessed the man, whom having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."

Comment

I agree Alumguy. Another saying that applies, "It is better to have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                          X