5 more get off the leaking raft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 more get off the leaking raft

(Edited by the Moderator for political content*)

Comment

I try again with out a political references. I do know something about two of the five who left the sinking raft.

Kennesaw State is north of Atlanta and once had a former US House Speaker on the faculty, namely Newt Ginnrich. As D2 basketball champs last year, we know they have a good basketball program and to win that game in early November last year was a quality win.

North Florida was part of the D2 Baseball World Series that I took in I believe in 1999 in Montegomery Alabama. My guess is baseball is their big sport and I think it is probably a big revenue sport for them. SDSU differs from these strong D2 baseball powers in that they have facilities that seat 5 to 10k and start practicing and playing games at the earliest dates. I would not be surprised to see North Florida in Omaha a few years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

I guess the quick answer is that one is public, good sized and moving to D-I.  The other is private, small and moving to D-II.

Winston-Salam State:  Enrollment 4,895

Green Mountain:  Enrollment 700
        Congratulations! Your life has become a series of Google searches about schools that as of yesterday enen YOU didn't give a rat's &@# about! That must be very rewarding!

Comment

You asked me a question, I answered it. :

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H

Congratulations! Your life has become a series of Google searches about schools that as of yesterday enen YOU didn't give a rat's &@# about! That must be very rewarding!
            Your obviously on some kind of crusade to piss off as many Jacks fans as possible.  Maybe you ought to take a break from the board for awhile.  Reevaluate what you have and lets us have what we have.  

After all, its not about having what you want, its about wanting what you have.  SDSU is DI, the NCC is changing, USF, DSU, O'Gorman, Dell Rapids, amatuer baseball, etc.. are all essentially unchanged and largely unimportant to most of us.

Advice, go back and work harder on your radio show, its obviously something you enjoy.  Let those on this board excited about SDSU be that way.  Bring your critiques, complaints, and general disdain for SDSU and its supporter to the board every once and awhile.  Especially when things are a little slow.  Let me know what you think.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My sentiments exactly. See comments on DI conference hunt. It appears Mike is more interested in roughling feather than engaging in real dialogue. If change is that unsettling than this board is the wrong place to be lurking. There was a line in Hoosiers where the female actress indicated one of the things she liked about Hickory was that it was comforting that things never changed. I think for a lot of people in the state of South Dakota there is that same feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H

Same for you Mr. Mike, your life has been entrenched in a discussion board for a school you don't give a rat's ass about. You guys realize mike can't leave the board because as many times as he insults us as fans he still uses a great deal of the information on this board for his little radio show(you can admit it mike, i have personally heard you a number of times).
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I am personally looking forward to the first women's equestrian quadrangular between Central Arkansas, Kennesaw St., New Jersey Inst. of Tech and SDSU. I wonder if they will host any of those in Clear Lake, SD?
                  I'll bet Mike H would like to do the play by play on that.
                  ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Should be a good event, but it will probably be, Georgia, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State along with SDSU.

Georgia:

http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com...uest-body.html

Kansas State:

http://www.kstatesports.com/SportSel...amp;SPSID=3131

Oklahoma State:

http://www.okstate.com/SportSelect.d...amp;SPSID=2316

South Dakota State:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...rian/Index.cfm

The events will be at the Swiftel Center located just across I-29 from the SDSU campus.  See you there.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X