No announcement yet.

BIG JAKE, Maverick No1, Where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG JAKE, Maverick No1, Where are you?

How could a good UNO team lose to Mankato? It should not have happened. Kappels goes turnover free for 44 minutes and had 8 in this game. Thank God Kappels said no to SDSU.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=...;u_sid=1352439

Re: BIG JAKE, Maverick No1, Where are you?

That loss wasn't even that painful bc they just really beat us. No excuses. The better team won. We have terrible shooters many nites and they really exposed our weakness. I still think we can host the regionals bc metro is beatable and they might lose in their tourney. I have never seen defense like that this year. If They play defense like that every night they will go to the elite 8. It was nice to see a rowdy crowd from MSU at the game. They are usually more apathetic than uno but they were into it and very happy. It was almost packed which goes to show that there is interest in UNO. Just not much interest when UNO plays the likes of Doane, Dana, and Morningside.

Comment

3000 fans and you think it was a good crowd, thats sad.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        That loss wasn't even that painful bc they just really beat us.  No excuses. The better team won. We have terrible shooters many nites and they really exposed our weakness.  I still think we can host the regionals bc metro is beatable and they might lose in their tourney.  I have never seen defense like that this year.  If They play defense like that every night  they will go to the elite 8.  It was nice to see a rowdy crowd from MSU at the game.  They are usually more apathetic than uno but they were into it and very happy.  It was almost packed which goes to show that there is interest in UNO.  Just not much interest when UNO plays the likes of Doane, Dana, and Morningside.
        Almost packed? Funny the number in attendence is a round number, who picked that one out of the air?  Was that you Big Jake?  Metro plays better on the road than at home. In fact with Metror huge following they cant tell if they are home or on the road.  Also the Metro coach can out do McKenna several times over so its not match even if the region is held in that Dump called Sapp Fieldhouse. Well with the huge following of UNO and Metro, you can bring pins to the game and hear them drop. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I, like Big Jake make no excuses for the MSU loss. We had beaten them twice and it was obvious they were out to prove why they were picked as pre-season conference champions. SDSU fan this is one year that you should not make fun of any teams attendence. When UNO averages more people at our games than you do as a D1 school, you should just keep your pie hole shut. Quit making fun of Metro. Last time I checked in last years regional, they made the game you had this year against Southwest Minnesota State look like a nailbiter. I thought you people didn't care what happened in D2. I guess when you winter teams are TV watching you are forced to pay attention to other things. You might want to get used to it. The light at the end of the tunnel looks like a pinhole to me.

Mavs#1

Comment

People can have their laughs now but in ten years we WILL be in the BIg Dance and in 20 we will be hanging a national championship banner in our new fieldhouse that seats 18000 people. We will be to the Great Plains what Duke and UNC are to Tobacco Road. It is going to be a ride like you can't believe.

Comment

Wow, if you have the kind of success that this sd man guy thinks you are going to have I am going to change allegiance and become the biggest sdsu fan around.  That guy would make Norman Vincent Peale look like an eternal pessimist

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                I, like Big Jake make no excuses for the MSU loss. We had beaten them twice and it was obvious they were out to prove why they were picked as pre-season conference champions. SDSU fan this is one year that you should not make fun of any teams attendence. When UNO averages more people at our games than you do as a D1 school, you should just keep your pie hole shut. Quit making fun of Metro. Last time I checked in last years regional, they made the game you had this year against Southwest Minnesota State look like a nailbiter. I thought you people didn't care what happened in D2. I guess when you winter teams are TV watching you are forced to pay attention to other things. You might want to get used to it. The light at the end of the tunnel looks like a pinhole to me.

Mavs#1
                Touchy touchy. How many turnovers will Kappels have in his next game. I hear he has threaten to transfer more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

Metro plays better on the road than at home.
                  Ask Nagy how good Metro plays at home. Having Metro host is a big blow to the NCC schools.

Comment

;DSDSU does not have worry about Metro any more and it would matter to USD either when his A## is handed to Osama Bin Mueller, in Denver. Think baseball, Oh thats right USD does not have baseball. ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
                      People can have their laughs now but in ten years we WILL be in the BIg Dance and in 20 we will be hanging a national championship banner in our new fieldhouse that seats 18000 people.  We will be to the Great Plains what Duke and UNC are to Tobacco Road.  It is going to be a ride like you can't believe.
                      Sarcasm at its finest!!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                        Wow, if you have the kind of success that this sd man guy thinks you are going to have I am going to change allegiance and become the biggest sdsu fan around.  That guy would make Norman Vincent Peale look like an eternal pessimist
                        Good reference, Jake.

"Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture...Do not build up obstacles in your imagination."

Comment

Speaking of UNO, what are the pairings at the regional tourney? I saw the USD is going in as a 3 seed and Metro as the 1, but nothing else. I couldn't find any of that info on the Argus.com, which struck me as odd since USD is supposedly South Dakota's team.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

OKLA-Jackrabbit, I know you are professorial and I suspect you could probably give Ken Jennings a run for his money and I know that visualization usually helps one succeed...
                            but I have always visualized myself from 10 on as a star tailback in the NFL. I could picture it beautifully. Now that I am 48 I just don't think that is going to happen. So yes I enjoy the theory behind what you are saying but the application has been a real problem.
                            KInd of like that SDMan picturing sdsu in the final 4. I am sure he has a clear mental picture of that ,too and something tells me that PROBABLY won't happen either. But we can all dream!!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                              Speaking of UNO, what are the pairings at the regional tourney?  I saw the USD is going in as a 3 seed and Metro as the 1, but nothing else.  I couldn't find any of that info on the Argus.com, which struck me as odd since USD is supposedly South Dakota's team.
                              Metro #1 vs. Northern State #8
                              Mankato #4 vs. Fort Lewis #5
                              UNO #2 vs. Winona St. #7
                              USD #3 vs. Nebraska Kearney #6

Kearney will be a tough match up for us. They are the ones who beat USD out of the regionals last year. I was excited to see they lost a couple of games early in the year, then I found out there two best players weren't playing in those games, now I'm not as excited as I was. They should be pretty tough--they were the #1 seed in the RMAC conference tourney.
                              NSU will have their hands full, it would be great to see them pull off a big upset, I don't see that happening though. I'm still pissed that UNO isn't hosting, not that I think they deserved it over Metro, I just really wanted to go to the regionals, Denver is a little too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X