A real D1 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real D1 team

The wonderful people of SD can feel good about a D1 school calling SD home at least for 12 hours. The Univ of Pittsburgh was stranded at Joe Foss "International" Airport for 12 hours yesterday on the way to Boise, ID to play in the "Big Dance". So SD can now lay claim to having a real D1 school in its presence for at least 12 hours.
    You people on this board should be nice to us UNO fans. We were a lot nicer to your teams over the years than those inhospitable Huskers and Jays. A really successful swing thru Ne. this time - sarcasm!! Maybe D2 wasn't so bad after all.

Re: A real D1 team

bigjake,

It makes me feel so good that you choose to spend your precious time from your little world and TRY to spread your sarcasm around here, trying to make us feel bad about all that is happening here at SDSU. Shallow people like you are always fun to mess with, and then squash like ants on the sidewalk........

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

It's just jealousy and shame at being left in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
         Maybe D2 wasn't so bad after all.
        Exactly the type of quote I'd expect from you. Maybe the horse and buggy wasn't so bad either? Maybe typewriters are really better than computers? Maybe SDSU will someday step back and say "man I wish we still played UNO every year"? You see a theme here?
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I agree with you Milwaukee. Big Jake is a petty little man with little ideas who is down leading a miserablelife in Nebraska. Right now we are having some struggles but just wait. In 10 years we will be in a good league kicking some tail and he will still be posting his petty little messages on this site. Prediction - in 10 years we will be a member of the MO Valley and when Big jake goes down to the Qwest Arena to see his beloved Mavs there will sit a beautiful sdsu flag perched royally above the Qwest as a Mo Valley member. It will happen Big Jake. You can have your laughs now but just wait and see who has the last laugh.

Comment

Big Jake should know what real D1 teams look like,
            his school dwells in the shadows of two every day in Omaha.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Welcome back Jake,

These fans accuse us of being jealous? ? ? OF what? ? Being batting practice and scrimmages for all these D1 schools. Aside from your basketball arena your facilities stink. A D1 tennis program without a indoor tennis facility?? A soccer facility in a park?? A football stadium that looks like a high school one. Win something and then I might be jealous.

Mavs #1

Comment

It is amazing to me that fans like that sdman think that sdsu will be in the mo valley in 10 years. If that were to happen I will personally don my yellow and blue sdsu shirt and run around the qwest center 10 times holding your banner. I look at sdsu having about as much chance to get in the valley in 10 years as I do for Creighton to get an invite to the ACC. Ain't gonna happen.
                10 years from now you will be in a league battling the likes of savannah state and longwood for the coveted title of a new league called "The Great Bi-Coastal League". No more crummy schools like uno or augie coming to Brookings but rather the likes of Longwood and Savannah State. I am sure they will be huge draws.

Comment

bigjake,

I always knew you were a closet SDSU fan, now I know it when you say that you have an SDSU shirt.......

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

"Prediction - in 10 years we will be a member of the MO Valley and when Big jake goes down to the Qwest Arena to see his beloved Mavs there will sit a beautiful sdsu flag perched royally above the Qwest as a Mo Valley member."

I talked to a friend of mine recently who is a member of the Drake athletic dept. - he said this will never happen. He said any expansion of the Mo Valley will be to a school located in a large tv market.

Comment

Originally posted by SPORTSFAN
                      "Prediction - in 10 years we will be a member of the MO Valley and when Big jake goes down to the Qwest Arena to see his beloved Mavs there will sit a beautiful sdsu flag perched royally above the Qwest as a Mo Valley member."

I talked to a friend of mine recently who is a member of the Drake athletic dept. - he said this will never happen. He said any expansion of the Mo Valley will be to a school located in a large tv market.
                      So lets get this straight. This sophisicated friend from Drake as closed all the doors for SDSU getting into the MO Valley? I guess SDSU needs to have a tv market equal to Carbondale, Ill, or Terre Haute Ind, to get in this conference. ???

Comment

Working...
                      X