South Dakota's team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota's team?

Maybe its USF? What do you think Mike H?

USF builds future on athletics
    Success on playing fields has coincided with enrollment nearly doubling

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll...507200346/1001
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: South Dakota's team?

USF's success at sports in the last decade is very impressive. They have a nice niche going in that they tell the kids who would most likely have to walk-on and battle hard for PT at one of the DII schools that if they come to USF they can play more often and for a national championship. Seeing them win and win often with mainly SD kids is great for SD. The only time I have a problem with USF is when their football teams starts talking about how they could beat most of the teams in the NCC.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

It is interesting to watch the evolution of the Sioux Falls sports market, especially as the players adjust to SDSU's D-I move.

USF seems to have a good long-term institutional strategic vision that they're executing well. Good for them.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I go over occasionally and watch usf play and it is good fb and bb. Maybe they are positioning themselves for a move eventually to the ncc and become an arch rival with augustana. That would be good for both sioux falls and the ncc. Don't know if that is their plan but their future facilities will be head and shoulders above most naia programs.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
          I go over occasionally and watch usf play and it is good fb and bb.   Maybe they are positioning themselves for a move eventually to the ncc and become an arch rival with augustana.  That would be good for both sioux falls and the ncc.  Don't know if that is their plan but their future facilities will be head and shoulders above most naia programs.
          Is sdman onto something?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well, how many NAIA programs have 6,000 seat stadiums? How many D-II programs? (disclaimer--I actually don't know the answer to either, but would think that the answers would be: few, and lots respectively).
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

USF has a fabulous president.  That "vision thing" didn't appeal much to ****** **** ** but the President of USF has a great vision of where that school needs to go.

(*Edited by Moderator for political content)

Comment

Working...
              X