• USD Playoff picture.....

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.....

#1 GVSU
    #2 UNO
    #3 SVSU
    #4 UND
    #5 UMD
    #6 Northwood

USD's post-season will look a lot like ours....

Congrats to the Yotes and a great season, now talk to your AD about improving the non-conference schedule.

Re: USD Playoff picture.....

Wish I could hear the crazy Culhane's and Lane Grindle gripe about this one.

Comment

Its pretty sad when you beat the #2 and #4 seed but your non-conference schedule is so weak those wins amount to a hill of beans. Gotta feel sorry for the Yote fans on this one, it would have been fun seeing what Logan and Beschorner could do in the playoffs.

Comment

USD = DII obscurity. Any recruit needs to recognize this and avoid the mistake of becoming a yote. Be smart, don't do drugs, don't become a yote. It just isn't worth it.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I do feel bad for the players. They can only play the teams scheduled by the AD and coaches. The current coaching most likely did not have much to do with this schedule as this is just their second year. That is one of the most pathetic non-conference schedules I have ever seen. Probably didn't help themselves winning in overtime to Colorado School of Mines. I listened to some of the UND game on the way home from the Jacks game and the Coyotes have one of the most unprofessional broadcast teams I have heard. Talk about Bush League!
          Steve Imming is such a professional!

Comment

Agreed. I listened to the 2nd half of the game and Culhane is a absolute homer. He makes the Chicago White Sox announcers sound like unbiased announcers. It was pretty pathetic.

Comment

I feel for the fans and the players......they are the ones being punished for the short sightedness of the athletic dept scheduling this games....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I listened to the end of it as well. You would've thought the Coyotes won the NCC outright and would be the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Comment

The worst part was when the refs apparently spotted the ball wrong, and he was just throwing a hissy fit like a 2-year old baby. I couldn't take it anymore after that one.

Comment

He is a homer and that is all and good to a certain extent, however, even Yote fans like myself can't stand listening to his constant whining.  My blood starts to boil thinking that we got jobbed and then I realize it is just Culhane.  You don't know what the heck to believe (right or wrong call) which makes the game very frustrating to listen to.  Also, Hawk and DJ are far worse, I sure miss Wimpy though.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerhof
                      He is a homer and that is all and good to a certain extent, however, even Yote fans like myself can't stand listening to his constant whining.  My blood starts to boil thinking that we got jobbed and then I realize it is just Culhane.  You don't know what the heck to believe (right or wrong call) which makes the game very frustrating to listen to.  Also, Hawk and DJ are far worse, I sure miss Wimpy though.
                      You're a classy USD fan and could give the two UNO idiots some lessons in visiting other team's boards. Aside from the players, I feel bad for the true USD fans who have to suffer through another 9-2 season without any payoff for your emotional investment. I grew up a neighbor to one of the biggest U supporters (mainly financially) in the state, with my hometown doctor being another. They finally have some hope and the short-sightedness of the AD ruins probably their best team in 20 years.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

i know them both well.

Comment

I am certain that the Coyotes are one of the top 6 teams in this region. But that does not mean they are going to the playoffs. The folks doing the scheduling knew this going in. To think that they beat UNO as bad as they did then for UNO TO END UP THE NUMBER 2 SEED. I think that a new systems needs to be researched. Maybe next year Yotes!!!

Comment

A lot of people feel that USD should have gotten in over the other 3 teams in the NCC.  I don't think they should have.  But, the comittee should have taken 4 NCC teams this year.  The Coyotes are one of the best in the nation this year and they didn't make the playoffs because, as mja stated, of thier past AD's shortsightedness.  

And how about Wes B.  If another Harlon Hill canidate has put up better numbers this year, I'd love to see them.

G     qb eff   att/com/int   %     yrds   td  lg   ypg
                            11  215.22  255-172-4   67.5 3049  39  90 277.2

Here's a link to a bio...
                            http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...rlonhill05.pdf

Comment

I honestly feel bad for the Coyotes. They really handed it to two of the teams who got in before them.

And seriously... Northwood? I can't imagine them giving USD, UNO, UND, or UMD any kind of a game. But that's D2 these days. It's being watered down by the small schools (dare I say, Upper Iowa?) who are undoubtedly going to take control of governance of D2 eventually. Scholarship limits will eventually be reduced and USD will be diminished because they stayed there, or they'll be forced to make a belated jump to D1. This is pretty much exactly as predicted by the SDSU administration when they decided to make the move to Division 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X