Ghost of Nelke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost of Nelke

Looks like the ghost of Nelke followed the team up from the Cape. What excuse do you have now for only 2,200 showing up? What else does one have to do after eating enough for eight people? 99% of people after eating their thanksgiving meal are looking to sit down and watch a sporting event. I guess that is not the case in Brookings. This was a D1 team people!! Now I am very confident the Husker will beat you by more than five.

Mavs#1

Re: Ghost of Nelke

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    Looks like the ghost of Nelke followed the team up from the Cape. What excuse do you have now for only 2,200 showing up? What else does one have to do after eating enough for eight people? 99% of people after eating their thanksgiving meal are looking to sit down and watch a sporting event. I guess that is not the case in Brookings. This was a D1 team people!! Now I am very confident the Husker will beat you by five.
     Mavs#1
    We're the ones who could have used a couple of Nelkes last night. Or maybe just anyone who could make a free throw. I thought it was a decent crowd. 2,200 on a holiday, with no students, isn't bad.

Comment

Mav...its just 5 now? It wasnt a bad crowd for the Thanksgiving holiday. No students, but a somewhat lively crowd at times.

Hey, you said you were going to give this a rest for a couple of days? Da#n you anyhow! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
        Mav...its just 5 now?  It wasnt a bad crowd for the Thanksgiving holiday.  No students, but a somewhat lively crowd at times.

Hey, you said you were going to give this a rest for a couple of days?  Da#n you anyhow! :P

Hey, I didn't run any smack yesterday and you were the ones to lose. You win and I probably don't post.

Comment

At least if they were going to lose you lost to the university that had the smartest person in america attend its hallowed halls. At least that is what rush limbaugh tells us - that he is the smartest man in america. That is indeed a very long nite after losing to that quasi ivy league school -semo.
          Heck I would imagine they are academically behind even panhandle state. I would bet "picture boy" on your site could even get into semo.
          It is a very sad day at the nagy house today. I am sure he had that chalked semo up as a win.

Comment

well looking at the first mavs game on the 22nd the mavs fans packed the Sapp

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/archived_s...l/2005/mvc.htm

wait only 200. another nice round number from our friends down in omaha

Comment

Well, Nelke was with us at Colorado State. The SDSU women defeat the Rams 82-75 at Moby Arena. I see that the UNO women beat Iowa Wesleyan tonight. Good for them. I've heard of CSU, but I don't think I've ever heard of Iowa Wesleyan.

Comment

Huskers beat semo by 15 and the Jacks lose by 7. MIght be a very long nite in LIncoln come dec8th for the jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                  Huskers beat semo by 15 and the Jacks lose by 7.  MIght be a very long nite in LIncoln come dec8th for the jacks.

Maybe they can send the women's team they might give the Huskers a better game. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    Huskers beat semo by 15 and the Jacks lose by 7.  MIght be a very long nite in LIncoln come dec8th for the jacks.
                    Do you really think Nebraska is better than Kentucky? I think not. Kentucky beat us by 17 and that was with a last second three by Rajon Rondo. It'll be a better game than you think. No prediction from me since I don't know a thing about Nebraska basketball (except that almost nobody ever graduates... 20 percent rate, double SEMO's rate. Pathetic.)

SDSU won't win many if we don't play better than we did against SEMO, though. You can't miss 12 of 23 free throws (many the front end of one-and-ones) and expect to beat anybody. That was just embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                      What excuse do you have now for only 2,200 showing up?

Mavs#1
                      Mav D-II,

What excuse do you have for a total of 2,599 people coming to all eight of your games so far combined?

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/archived_s...5/teamcume.htm

UNO Men's Basketball Attendance '05-'06

Games Total Avg/game

HOME 3 - 1600 - 534
                      AWAY 1 - 392 - 392
                      NEUTRAL 4 - 607 - 152

TOTAL 8 - 2599 - 325

So in one home game, SDSU has almost outdrawn your whole season so far (SDSU vs SEMO - 2,233). Heck, we had more fans turn up for a practice (Midnight Madness Minus Two) then UNO has had at any of their games. That is really sad for UNO. :'( It is also embarrassing for Mav D-II because he tried to use Men's Basketball Attendance in his smack. :-[

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X