Re: 1881? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
      Nononono, no, no. He's resting!

$10 says he's dead!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

'ee was coughin' up blood this morning . . .

/mixing Monty Python skits . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

**Leaving the Castle Antrhax**

Galahad: Let me go back and face the peril

Lancelot: No, I can't, it's too perilous!

Galahad (under breath): Bet you're gay!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by were-rabbit
            Is that like lutefisk :-[ :-[
            Pickled herring is nothing like lutefisk. Pickled herring is just that, pickled herring, while lutefisk is a white fish (usually cod I think) soaked in lye. No wonder it's so delectible.

Comment

I always thought luetifisk was herring that was left out and a dog peed on it!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Oh, some dog peed on your lutefisk, you must think you're special. Not everyone gets their lutefisk improved like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  2005 Home Football Attendance

SDSU

55,777 - 8 Home Games - Avg. per game 6,972

UNO

34,254 - 7 Home Games - Avg. per game 4,894

Bottom line 21,523 more people watched Jackrabbit football then watched UNO football during the 2005 football season.  

Go State!  ;D

89 Robbins

If you take away the average of the one extra game that you played you only had 14,000 more fans than us. We did not play our big rival UNK at home whcih usually gets around 10,000 fans. We did not play our big NCC rivals USD or UND at home. Those games would have at least 7,000 a piece. That would have gotten us even closer.

My point is that when you are comparing your attendence numbers to ours you have problems. Big Jake and myself have admitted that our fan support while getting better is still not very good. You on the other hand make excuses for your fans and cannot bring yourself to admit make the average SDSU fan is not as excited about the move to D1 as the Zig Ziglars on this board.

Your school is trying (with not much success) to move to a higher level. It is obvious to me that the SDSU fans are not coming with them. Your fans ought to be the ones who are ashamed!! Reaction???

Mavs #1

Comment

MavD2, Congratulations on reaching the 400 milestone in posts. I am sure I speak for everyone on this site when I say you bring quality posts and tremendous insights to this board. You are the Michael Jordan of smack posters to this board. I am the Steve Kerr or John Paxson - just a role player but I try hard.
                    Hey who can argue that sdsu's has better support and so does ndsu and so does umkc for that matter than uno. But my point has always been none of those programs belong in the same division as ucla, the huskers, michigan, etc. There should be a separate division for all sports. After the top 150 schools (at most) the rest have no business in D1 and one day hopefully the top 150 will realize that and break away from the rest of the bottom feeders.
                    Again-MavD2- congrats on a big day on this board. You are the man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

89 Robbins

If you take away the average of the one extra game that you played you only had 14,000 more fans than us. We did not play our big rival UNK at home whcih usually gets around 10,000 fans. We did not play our big NCC rivals USD or UND at home. Those games would have at least 7,000 a piece. That would have gotten us even closer.

My point is that when you are comparing your attendence numbers to ours you have problems. Big Jake and myself have admitted that our fan support while getting better is still not very good. You on the other hand make excuses for your fans and cannot bring yourself to admit make the average SDSU fan is not as excited about the move to D1 as the Zig Ziglars on this board.

Your school is trying (with not much success) to move to a higher level. It is obvious to me that the SDSU fans are not coming with them. Your fans ought to be the ones who are ashamed!! Reaction???

Mavs #1
                      Reaction, well lets see.  I offer up a fact based analysis and you tell us that "We did not play our big rival UNK at home whcih usually gets around 10,000 fans. We did not play our big NCC rivals USD or UND at home." and then accuse me of making up excuses.  My reaction is that seems a little silly.  

My next reaction is puzzlement.  Why would UNO fans come on an SDSU board and try and smack about attendance figures, when their own school's is pathetic.

After that my next reaction would be wonderment as to why you would make claims about attendance at the D-I level when it is clear you know nothing about the subject.  You wrote "Your school is trying (with not much success) to move to a higher level."

Yet the facts don't support your asinine assertion.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/footballMenu.html

SDSU in just it's second year of competing at the I-AA level ranks #26 of 129 schools that play at this division in total attendance.

So my overall reaction is that your argument is based on stupidity or ignorance (I am not sure which is the case) and is probably motivated by D-I envy.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                         After the top 150 schools (at most) the rest have no business in D1 and one day hopefully the top 150 will realize that and break away from the rest of the bottom feeders.
                        If the rest of D-I is bottom feeders, what does that make D-II schools like UNO? I ask because by your own admission UNO doesn't have the support to compare themselves to NDSU, SDSU or even UMKC.

Go State! ;D

Comment

MavD2 - you can make all the excuses you want about why your attendance figures are so low. The bottom line is, you are what you are. A D2 commuter school with little to no fan support. The UNO program is slowly dying at the D2 level and it will only get worst before it gets better.

As far as your statements of why we are comparing our attendance figures with a D2 school and not other D1 schools? You came onto our board to talk smack and you are representing a D2 school. Everytime you lose an arguement, you always resort to claiming that you represent UNL. But the fact is no UNL alumni are on our board talking smack. Only the minions from UNO and USD come to this board to talk smack.

Also when we talk about our success in women's basketball, you always want to down play it as a girl's sport. And yet you always bring up the fact that UNO's women's soccer team is having success. You can't have it both ways. I wish you soccer team the best and hope they represent the NCC well, but don't try and trivialize our women's success just because you have to eat crow every time they are successful against major D1 teams.

Also, did I mention the score of the UNL basketball game. SDSU 68 UNL 49. SDSU is know 2-0 against Big 12 teams during the past two years. I call that success. When does UNO play Oklahoma Panhandle St. again, that may be your next big victory since you really don't play anyone of importance anymore.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

If NAIA Jake ran the NCAA only the top 150 schools would be D-I.  Number 150 according to NCAA attendance statistics is the University of Southern California at 3,329 people per game.  A quick check of SDSU attendance shows that from 1995 - 2004 we beat that total every year so I guess we would be in and USC would be out.  Man I hate when bottom feeders like USC come sniffing around. 

Here is a partial list of schools that NAIA Jake would kick out of D-I using last year's attendance figures.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketba...all_attend.pdf

Army, Boston U., Bowling Green, Bucknell, Cal State Fullerton, Cal-Poly, UC-Davis, UC-Irvin, UC-Riverside, UC-Santa Barbra, Colgate, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Denver, Detroit, Drexel, Forham, Grambling, Gardner-Webb (this might make Minnesota fans happy since they beat the Gophers last night), Harvard, Holly Cross, Idaho, Idaho St., Long Beach St., Loyola Marymount, Maine, Manhattan, Navy, New Hampshire, N. Texas, N. Ill., Pepperdine, Rice, South Carolina St., Texas St., Troy, Tulane, and Yale.  Just to name a few.    

Good plan.  Who wants the Ivy League?  Oh yea and get rid of a ton of Califonia schools too. :   Lucky for all involved NAIA Jake does not run the NCAA.   8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

If Jake opened a bakery it would go out of business within a few weeks because I've noticed by his posts that he usually runs with half a loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                                If Jake opened a bakery it would go out of business within a few weeks because I've noticed by his posts that he usually runs with half a loaf.
                                Major-college smack there. Congrats.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X