The one time I root for you to win..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one time I root for you to win..

you lose. Nebraska is so excited about their team they don't even list it on their athletic site. Why don't you talk to Bariod Bonds to see if he can get you some juice to make those damn horses jump higher and run faster. They are going to end up as dog food anyways, so who cares if they grow an extra tail. Unlike you baseball team at least your equestrian team scored.

Mavs#1

03/25/2006
    Jacks fall to Nebraska in equestrian
    SIOUX FALLS -- South Dakota State won the second section of Western horsemanship, but Nebraska claimed titles in the other three events to defeat the Jackrabbit equestrian team 926-906.5 in head-to-head competition Saturday at the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds.

Nebraska opened the meet by winning the equitation on the flat competition, 234-212, as Alicia Wittwer scored an 81 to lead the Cornhuskers.

The Jackrabbits took the team lead at the halfway mark by winning the second class of Western horsemanship, 243-214. Anna Taylor recorded a high-point score of 83, followed by Jess Mann with an 82. The two Jackrabbit riders also shared high-point differential honors by scoring 19 more points than their opponents riding the same horses.

Nebraska regained the lead by winning the Western reining competition, 224-211.5, and sealed the victory with a 254-240 win in the first section of Western horsemanship. All four Cornhusker riders tallied scores of 80 or better in the horsemanship event.

SDSU closes out its inaugural season by hosting defending Varsity Equestian national champion South Carolina on April 1. The meet is set for a 10 a.m. start at the Swiftel Center in Brookings.

Equitation on the Flat: Nebraska 234, SDSU 212
    1. Alicia Wittwer, Nebraska, 81; 2. Erin Peery, Nebraska, 79; T3. Lisa Assid, SDSU, 74; T3. Katie Peers, Nebraska, 74; T5. Kaylee DeVries, SDSU, 73; T5. Reenie McCormick, Nebraska, 73; 7. Katie Morris, SDSU, 65; 8. Sara Curran, SDSU, 53.
    High-Point Differential: Reenie McCormick, Nebraska.

Horsemanship-Section 2: SDSU 243, Nebraska 214
    1. Anna Taylor, SDSU, 83; 2. Jess Mann, SDSU, 82; 3. Molly Seidel, SDSU, 78; 4. Christi Vidlak, Nebraska, 77; 5. Rachelle Bose, Nebraska, 73; 6. Clara Grundman, Nebraska, 64; 7. Meghan Piepho, Nebraska, 63; 8. Karley Stoltenburg, SDSU, 60.
    High-Point Differential: Anna Taylor, SDSU, and Jess Mann, SDSU.

Reining: Nebraska 224, SDSU 211.5
    1. Lindsey Salestrom, Nebraska, 79; T2. Abby Knobbe, SDSU, 73.5; T2. Erin Peery, Nebraska, 73.5; 4. Alicia Wittwer, Nebraska, 71.5; 5. Brianna Grohs, SDSU, 71; 6. Molly Seidel, SDSU, 67; 7. Rachelle Bose, Nebraska, 66; 8. Anna Taylor, SDSU, 64.5.
    High-Point Differential: Lindsey Salestrom, Nebraska.

Horsemanship-Section 1: Nebraska 254, SDSU 240
    1. Erin Peery, Nebraska, 86; T2. Alicia Wittwer, Nebraska, 84; T2. Lindsey Salestrom, Nebraska, 84; 4. Abby Knobbe, SDSU, 82; 5. Katie Peers, Nebraska, 80; T6. Katie Hendrickson, SDSU, 79; T6. Brianna Grohs, SDSU, 79; 8. Kate Gunderson, SDSU, 72.
    High-Point Differential: Katie Peers, Nebraska.

Re: The one time I root for you to win..

Welcome to last week.

Comment

I will post a clever reply in about 6 days.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

SIOUX FALLS -- South Dakota Nebraska opened the meet by winning the equitation on the flat competition, 234-212, as Alicia Wittwer scored an 81 to lead the Cornhuskers.
        I just found a brand new favorite word.

Comment

equitation

n : riding a horse as a sport

I guess according to the dictionary equestian is also a sport.

Comment

Mav1 or D2 - I would like to officially nominate you to become a backup moderator on this board. You are insightful, controversial, and definitely "thinks outside the box". Mav1 for Backup Moderator. Take some pressure off 89 Rabbit and Filbert.

Comment

that was funny nominating someone with no relation to sdsu athletes as a moderator. silly mavs with dreams of being d1 in all their sports. It'd be like nominating a muslim for being a catholic pope[smiley=rolleyes.gif].

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                Mav1 or D2 -  I would like to officially nominate you to become a backup moderator on this board.  You are insightful, controversial, and definitely "thinks outside the box".  Mav1 for Backup Moderator.  Take some pressure off 89 Rabbit and Filbert.  

Count me in. Thanks for the nomination Mavpower. I want you to be my campaign manager.

Comment

Working...
                X