The Arrogance on Here is Unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Arrogance on Here is Unreal

It's amazing actually. SDSU is a whole fricken 2 years removed from the NCC and D2 and they act like they are some kind of a prestigious institution that doesn't even belong in the same company of the former NCC schools. If several NCC schools move up you should be ectatic not hoping against it. Look at your basketball team. They are horrible, but according to many of you the level of competition is so high that the NCC couldn't even hang with them. Just like SDSU mens basketball can barely win at home against a mediocre NSIC team. So much for your stiff competition. Even if it is considered well above the NCC it's not as if the Jacks have had any success in mens basketball. Maybe you should concentrate on keeping your players out of jail instead of worrying so much about what a prestigious institution SDSU suddenly is. Just because your president decided to move to D1 doesn't mean you have accomplished squat. Alot of you need to stop stomping all over your former conference mates because like it or not there is a possibility that the former NCC or at least part of it may be rejoining SDSU and NDSU in some form or another. Show some respect already, because what you are going is disgracing your own school and where they came from just 3 short years ago. If the NCC is so terrible and so much below a school that is a D1 independent without an identity, well I guess if that is your idea of being on a higher pedestal then so be it, but your kidding yourself. If SDSU can make the move to D1 then the other schools in the NCC can do the same. Your football team has been horrible over the last several decades without any resemblance of success so I don't want to hear how great the D1AA is in football because half of the NCC including USD would do just as well or better than your football team is doing right now. Afterall over the years that was always the case anyway. Your football team is doing exactly what it has all along so no gain or loss but your basketball team has regressed to unbelievable levels. There isn't even any honorability in the program any more.

So go ahead and hope that the NCC doesn't join your cause because if you get your wish and that doesn't happen it actually might leave you out in the cold. If UND moves up and joins with NDSU and they both get excepted as a pair into a conference that would leave SDSU on an island all alone as a D1 independant with no where to go. If some of the NCC teams move up they would have the same scholarship requirements that you have right now so it's not as if they wouldn't be worthy of the D1 status. SDSU might actually need USD, or St. Cloud to pair up with to get accepted in a conference. They might not, be then against like I said they may.

Just stop the arrogance already because it is getting you nowhere but a reputation of being a wannabe snob that really has no reason to stick your nose in the air.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: The Arrogance on Here is Unreal

Hey Coyote Fan,
    I've got a suggestion for you, do not log on anymore. Nobody makes you read the posts.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'd say CoyoteFan has a point, but at the same time is guilty of the very same emotion-based reasoning he complains about in SDSU fans.
      All he is doing with his bitter rant is adding gasoline to the fire. Counterproductive.

I happen to think that it's short-sighted to be opposed to additional NCC teams moving up, but I also understand where it's coming from. If all we have to look forward to with a D-I USD is more dead rabbits thrown onto basketball courts (and rhetorical dead rabbits tossed into on-line forums) then yeah, USD should stay D-II.

Apologies for the basically non-smacky response. Go at it, all.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

God forbid a university's fans and alumni actually support their school.

I have a suggestion for a new school motto at USD:

"We crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future."

Fulton Oursler

Here at SDSU we take pride in our past and look to the future with optimism.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Coyote Fan,
          When SDSU made the decision to move up to D1, usd and it's cronies did everything within their power to prevent it. including getting your local govt. representatives to try and stop it. It was said that the state of SD cant support a D1 institution (wrong) but it doesnt really matter on that point, because our athletic program is funded almost entirely of private funds/gifts/endowments. a luxury that usd doesnt have. Your lack of insight has put you in your present situation. The state of South Dakota shouldnt be getting the bill for usd's move up to D1 because you lack the funds and or initiative to raise the money, SDSU had the guts to go out on our own and make the move (very successfully I might add).You mention a down mens basketball year because thats all you have, 9-19 wasnt the end of the world, and the program is looking very bright again. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only two common opponents we had (Morningside and SW Minnesota) we defeated both and usd lost to both. I rarely post in Smack Talk because I think it's stupid- but anything to set a misguided, whining usd fan straight is worth it. As far as thinking were better than you. your right-I really do think that!!! GO JACKS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan

"We crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future."

Fulton Oursler

SF_Rabbit, nice summary of our little brother to the south.

We asked for their support in the move to DI and they said no. Now, some of them want back into the club. Posts like the crap yote_fan made above, (probably while intoxicated) will do nothing to facilitate open discourse. Onward and upward.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan

Fulton Oursler

Great post, love the quote! 8-)

Go State!

Comment

mmmmmm double standards of a usd fan. maybe its mick garry or stu whitney. conspiracy theory time

Comment

Coyote_Fan does forget one important point, this is an online chat forum!

He asks for those on here posting to show respect, well, I can listen to that to a point. After all, some posts can get a little crazy. But as far as respect goes, I don't remember them showing a lot of respect when we would make the trip to the "Dakota Dump" (Dang it, there I go!) for either football or basketball. Their AD condones a pretty much "anything goes" atmosphere.

Does anyone remember any of these respectful Coyote fans events:

1. Students wearing t-shirts bearing everything from f-words to comments about Dr. Oien.

2. Things being tossed onto the floor. How about the cheerleader that was clocked with a frozen rabbit?

3. Anyone remember the USD B-ball parent running onto the court and shoving one of our players? He didn't even get kicked out of the game!

4. Add your memorable moment HERE!

My point is this, is there arrogance on this board? You bet your hind-end there is! Is there arrogance down at USD? Yep, you can even smell it on I-29 when the wind is out of the west!

I wish USD the best in the NCC, I've even said on here that I think that SDSU moving up will be good in the long run for USD as well. If they move up, I wish them luck but they will get to experience the same growing pains that we have been through!

The one thing that I do miss is the rivalry games against the 'Yotes in Brookings. BUT I WILL NEVER MISS GOING TO VERMILLION FOR OUR ANNUAL DOSE OF DISRESPECT!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I don't miss the "rivalry" with USD at all. That was a "rivalry" comprised of a mutual hatred (if thats even a strong enough word) of another school, something that I have no interest in ever being a part of again. I had too many bad experiences with Coyote fans in my 5 years of school at SDSU. While I wish them luck in D2, I have no interest in playing them again in any sport, whether they are ever DI or not.

Comment

It's not a point of us thinking that NCC teams are not worthy competition it's a matter of, myself personally anyway, wanting to play Big Sky teams or Mid-Con/GWFC teams every year, not a new version of the NCC. I don't have the history or attatchment with any of the NCC teams to care about ever playing them again except NDSU. SDSU fans are by no means arrogant snobs, but with all the hard work we and NDSU have done, talk of UND and USD joining us in the move after we have paved the way does make me feel a little, resentful, is that the right word? Kind of like your mother making you let your little brother tag along with you when you hang out with your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                          Show some respect already, because what you are going is disgracing your own school and where they came from just 3 short years ago.
                        Just a few years ago the NCC had UNC, NDSU and SDSU. Prior to those schools leaving, the NCC was the best D-2 conference in the country. I would not consider a conference with UNO, USD, Auggie, MSU and SCSt. as an equal to a conference that also included UNC, SDSU, NDSU and UND. I'm real sorry if UNC, SDSU, NDSU and UND sh1t in your Wheaties, but the fact is USD, UNO and the other NCC schools are inferior to UNC, SDSU, NDSU and will soon be inferior to UND if they declare. Just face the facts, SDSU left USD in D-2. SDSU invited you along for the ride and you said no. Live with it and move on. Quit trying to drag us down to your pitiful level.

Oh, and we did finally SCREW the "U" but good, yes we did. ;D ;D ;D
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Here are my two cents on this discussion:

1) The Dakotadome (aka "Dakota Dump&quot barely contains room for a proper football field and is a horrendous venue for basketyball as only USD students have a chance of getting a good view there. Coyote_Fan, ask your fellow USD fans if they would want a new basketball arena; I wouldn't be surprised if 75-80% of them would prefer a new (and improved) venue.

2) As I mentioned in an earlier post, the trend of D-2 being flooded by smaller schools was a major factor in SDSU and NDSU moving up to D-1, not dissatisfaction with the NCC. The future of the NCC, however, was a concern to SDSU once it was clear that UNC and NDSU were out the door because of the lack of similar schools in the Upper Midwest that could fill that void.

3) Much of the dissatisfaction with the NCC among NDSU and SDSU backers occurred once the move to D-1 was announced. None of the other NCC schools were willing to make the move, a scenario which would have made scheduling (and allowing for the NCC to phase into D-1 at a more deliberate rate) better for all parties involved. The dissatisfaction was increased when the remaining NCC schools (excluding Augie in the '04 FB season) refused to schedule SDSU in FB and BB, even though SDSU was willing to give guarantees and make a trip to play USD in Sioux Falls (as part of a two-game deal! These schools wanted to deal with SDSU as if it were still a D-2 school, even though D-1 schools DO NOT travel to D-2 schools under normal circumstances.

4) If USD were to move up to D-1 in the near future, I am almost certain that SDSU would be more accomodating to the Coyotes than they were a few years ago........however, I have a feeling we're more likely to see USD drop down to D-3 and a) re-establish their rivalry with Morningside and b) start a nice, little feud with Buena Vista ;D ;D ;D

Go State!!!

P.S. Coyote_Fan, if you want to see a true example of arrogance, check out the NDSU fan board. Some of their members are already gunning for a move into I-A. :-? :-? :-?

Comment

There does seem to be some anger in Coyote's post.  But they do seem to be in a terrible position being that they are probably too far from the MIAA conference to be considered and have too many money problems for D1 at the present time.  I really don't miss our rivalry that much with USD but I do miss all the close proximity games we had with the ncc teams. The guy does sound a little bitter knowing that their future could be in the northern sun.
                            I would love it if we could reconstitute a D1 ncc even if we are a few years ahead in the process than they are.  I will enjoy the mid continent  if we get in but no more than a d1 ncc if that ever came about which I highly doubt.  AFter watching most of our home games the last 3 years I just am not thinking much about the possible autobid - I am just thinking about getting back to winning half our games in men's bb.  I don't know the recruits we have coming in but we have a ways to go to get to .500. I will worry about the autobid when we get better but based on what I saw last year we have a ways to go before we consider that.

Comment

This is a board about the Jacks, so what do you expect when you join this board? Honestly, we're gonna talk a lot about SDSU sports and events. USD has their own board, complain to your fans about stuff like this. we're proud of where we have headed in the last 3 years. if your comfortable where you are then stay there or move to Omaha 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X