Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys, you finally made the big time!!

http://www.unofootball.com/Daktronic...rdProposal.htm

Great looking scoreboard - too bad the football on the field doesn't match it.
    But you can alway dream about 1963!!

Re: Boys, you finally made the big time!!

Glad that we didn't copy their pressbox. Wouldn't want our coaches feeling like they were in a trailer park. Wisconsin Lacrosse? ? ? Also why do you need five different scoreboards. Seems too busy to me. In two more years they can celebrate the 45th anniversary of their last title.

Comment

It appears our scoreboard alone generates more revenue than UNO's athletic department as a whole.

Comment

Seeing as how your athletic department must have hired Enron's accountants, perhaps you can put together a couple of bake sales and car washes to raise money for the down payment!

Should only take about 5 years or so!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

UNO gets new scoreboard. 5 more athletic department positions cut.

Comment

Another example of Mav smack that makes no sense.  :-/  UNO  holds SDSU up as an example of what they hope to have someday.  Praying that with hard work and lots of money that they might someday have something close to what we already have, and that is supposed to be a slam on us.  :-?  ;D

My bet is they go with the NAIA package, what with their financial woes. Then again do you really need a new scoreboard when some of the regents want to do away with the football program all together?

Go State!  

Comment

MAVPOWER, if you can scrape up three million dollars for scoreboard upgrades, go for it!

We did.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I find it hard to believe you generate 800k a year from that board. There are 10 companies on it. They are willing to pay 80k a piece per year to have 5-10k people watch 5-6 games a year in there? Maybe it is seen as a donation - otherwise it is a terrible investment for their company owners and stockholders. I like the board but the revenue projections seem a little much. Even if you include the basketball scoreboards ads it seems a little much.

Comment

With that attitude, you're NEVER gonna get a new scoreboard!

But then if UNO cuts football, it'd be a moot point!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                    I find it hard to believe you generate 800k a year from that board.  There are 10 companies on it. They are willing to pay 80k a piece per year to have 5-10k people watch 5-6 games a year in there?  Maybe it is seen as a donation - otherwise it is a terrible investment for their company owners and stockholders.  I like the board but the revenue projections seem a little much.  Even if you include the basketball scoreboards ads it seems a little much.
                    You're right Mav, Daktronics Inc. has become a multi million dollar company by lying about what their scoreboards produce.  I am sure none of their thousands of customers would ever catch on to the discrepencies in their sales pitches.   Don't worry, I'm sure your buddy will buy into your "hunch" versus their facts. :
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

outta curiousity how is UNO the big time.  I know the mav boys are slow and stuff but Bigger the University of Texas and Alabama? get real.  just take a look at what kind of scoreboards they have compared to what you currently have.  
                      thats a 6 story video board, with 23 millimeter LED spacing from center to center and its the world's new largest HDTV.

this is your scoreboard, old outta date just like yourselves not up-to-date technology wise.

and this is our scoreboard notice the 2 outside sportsboards that give the total yardage each team has.  the 2 inside that tell where the ball is and what down it is.  notice the inside one by the video board it tells the score and who is playing and how many timeouts are left and what the play clock is at and how much time in the game.   and actually those ad panels change sponsors during the game so there are more sponsors than you think.
                      the beef club smells so much like the B.S. club but we all know that B.S. doesnt come from  UNO :'(  what budget problems.

Comment

I heard that UNO is considering dropping its new scoreboard project because no UNO employees are capable of handling such a complex project or operating such a beautiful scoreboard.........

(The remark is pure ficticious smack.)

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78

(The remark is pure ficticious smack.)

Is there any other kind of smack?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Smack based on facts, such as the fact that UNO has been running large deficits. I just didn't want anyone to think I was privy to inside info at UNO.

Comment

Its nice that every business in the town of Brookings gets to advertise on the scoreboard. I guess that is one of the perks of living in hillbillyville.

Comment

Working...
                              X