Don't let a D2 school show you up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let a D2 school show you up...

by winning at UNI, UND did something that you might not be able to. O-3!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Re: Don't let a D2 school show you up...

Ummmmm....yeah. We got shown up by a DIII school in our own backyard. How is this supposed to be smack? [smiley=huh.gif]
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

MavsDrool, there is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that you could come up with that would be GOOD smack on this week. Like Catch em said, we were embarrassed by a D-III school at home. Everything else pales in comparison.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It's too bad the Jacks didn't schedule UNO this year instead of La Crosse. It would have been nice to play a cupcake.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
          It's too bad the Jacks didn't schedule UNO this year instead of La Crosse. It would have been nice to play a cupcake.
          SDSU always schedules the best games we can get.

I have a lot of respect for teams that will play up from their division.

I also have a lot of respect for teams that will schedule really good teams from a lower division. They know they have a lot to lose and not much to gain from a win. They take the best games they can get.

The NCC teams won't play us because they are afraid. They like cupcakes. Recent history has proven it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
            [quote author=Jacked_Up link=1158203479/0#3 date=1158252048]

The NCC teams won't play us because they are afraid. They like cupcakes. Recent history has proven it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
            Um, I don't think anyone is afraid of us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
              [quote author=JBNJBQ link=1158203479/0#4 date=1158256025][quote author=Jacked_Up link=1158203479/0#3 date=1158252048]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
              Um, I don't think anyone is afraid of us this year.
              [/quote]

Hey keep your head up rabbitlivinginverm, there is a lot of football to play yet this year!

The swampbowl loss to a good dIII team highly motivated after we whipped them on a dry field last year and a loss to the #6 rated team in IAA on their field after they got their heads handed to them by one of the big boys is not an indicator of how good this team really is.  

None of the teams in the new ncc want to play us any year in the money sports. Too risky! How could they ever live down a complete dismanteling of their undefeated (cupcake preseason) football teams.

I do have to make an exception here for UND they played up and it paid off big time for them. They have my respect. They should schedule us or NDSU now if they really want to show their nads.

Comment

I do have to make an exception here for UND they played up and it paid off big time for them. They have my respect. They should schedule us or NDSU now if they really want to show their nads.
                UND may be preparing to expose their nads..........

Sioux, Bison football in 2008?

Would SDSU be as receptive to renewing the rivalry with USD in 2008 if in fact they do decide to move up to DI at the same time as UND does?

Will SDSU be interested in scheduling UND as early as 2008?

Comment

If USD were to go D-1, the odds are pretty good that we would play the 'Yotes. However, they would probably have to play at Brookings first. It is their turn to play up here. Of course, if USD joined the GWFC, then the schedule would probably have us travel there once....or twice......before they would come up here.

Comment

[quote author=Jacked_Up link=1158203479/0#3 date=1158252048]It's too bad the Jacks didn't schedule UNO this year instead of La Crosse. It would have been nice to play a cupcake.
                    SDSU always schedules the best games we can get.

I have a lot of respect for teams that will play up from their division.

I also have a lot of respect for teams that will schedule really good teams from a lower division. They know they have a lot to lose and not much to gain from a win. They take the best games they can get.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ[/quote]

I think the truth is that SDSU won't play many NCC teams because WE'RE afraid. Losing to them would make recruiting miserable. The fans would love games with USD, but thatwon't happen because those bridges  have been burned. And we did it. There's a lot of "pride" involved. I wouldn't want to play USD or Duluth or UND from the NCC this football season. We'd get tagged pretty good. As for scheduling the best games we can ... I know the story leading up to William Penn, but it's still pathetic to for a Division I team to play an NAIA school. Pathetic is the only word. And, quite honestly, so is playing Division III schools like LaCrosse. But I guess there's nothing we can say about that, huh? We best just bite our tongues as it's probably going to be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by bincitysioux
                      [quote author=JBNJBQ link=1158203479/0#6 date=1158273784]

UND may be preparing to expose their nads..........

Sioux, Bison football in 2008?

Would SDSU be as receptive to renewing the rivalry with USD in 2008 if in fact they do decide to move up to DI at the same time as UND does?

Will SDSU be interested in scheduling UND as early as 2008?[/quote]

I was thinking of this the other day. I would hope they would play the Sioux as early as possible now that they have decided to move to D1. It would be a regional game against a very good opponent, and it would be well attended. I hope the same goes for USD/Augie if/when they decide to make the move up. We did not move up to d1 to get away from teams like USD/UND/Augie. We moved up to get away from former naia teams moving up to d2...

Comment

Originally posted by jiveCOYOTE
                        I think the truth is that SDSU won't play many NCC teams because WE'RE afraid. Losing to them would make recruiting miserable. The fans would love games with USD, but thatwon't happen because those bridges  have been burned. And we did it. There's a lot of "pride" involved. I wouldn't want to play USD or Duluth or UND from the NCC this football season. We'd get tagged pretty good. As for scheduling the best games we can ... I know the story leading up to William Penn, but it's still pathetic to for a Division I team to play an NAIA school. Pathetic is the only word. And, quite honestly, so is playing Division III schools like LaCrosse. But I guess there's nothing we can say about that, huh? We best just bite our tongues as it's probably going to be a long season.
                        Fixed your moniker for you.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

CatchEmAll, that's quite funny and VERY appropriate!

jivewhatever, we wanted to continue to play former NCC teams on occassion; they, however (with the exception of Augie), wanted nothing to do with SDSU or NDSU.

As for bridge burning, USD burned the bridges with us when they insisted on SDSU traveling to Verminville. D-1 schools almost never travel to D-2 schools! We even offered to play one game in Brookings and one in Sioux Falls. I don't think we completely burned our bridges with UND, either, as we helped them with D-1 information when they were studying the move up......NDSU did not help them.

Oh, well......at least our conference future is brighter than UNO's or USD's...........

Comment

Originally posted by jiveCOYOTE
                            Have you got a turd in your pocket? I don't know who else you could be referring to when you say we.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X