334 out of 336???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 334 out of 336???

I pick up the national fish wrap and to my horror, the sagarin ratings have you ranked 334 out of 336 in mens D1 college basketball. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ . All I have to say is you better schedule Denver and Alcorn State next year. North Florida has 0 wins and is ranked ahead of you. I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud rabbits. Keep up the great work.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0607.htm

Re: 334 out of 336???

They could still beat your sorry butts... what NAIA school are your boys playing THIS week?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Thanks for taking it easy on us Mav. Smacking with facts is almost too effective.

This years team isn't likely to climb out of the 300's, thats for sure. I wasn't suprised when UNC struggled mightily in men's BB. I was suprised when we did initially. I'm not suprised this year. We just don't have the personnel in place to make this team work right now. Might happen by the end of this year but what some people forget is that other teams are improving too. Most at a faster rate than SDSU right now.

Smack away, at least we have a couple of wins.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
        I pick up the national fish wrap and to my horror, the sagarin ratings have you ranked 334 out of 336 in mens D1 college basketball.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ .   All I have to say is you better schedule Denver and Alcorn State next year. North Florida has 0 wins and is ranked ahead of you. I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud rabbits. Keep up the great work.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0607.htm
        Well i am proud on how hard this team play.

But looking at the attendance of the mavs. Six games, a total of 2010 for an average of 335 and one game a total of 150 (a nice round number, must have been counting the popcorn kernal on the floor)

I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud [s]rabbits[/s] mavs. Keep up the great work.

Keep going to those game. Support your mavs like you have all season. :-?

Comment

Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to SDSU than they do to uno.

'Course, you could insert anything into that sentence and have it be true: "Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to _______________ than they do to uno."

a. their job
          b. their family
          c. matching their socks
          d. what's for lunch
          e. popping a zit
          f. the color of their car
          g. watching paint dry
          h. picking their nose
          i. other: _________________
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
            Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to SDSU than they do to uno.

'Course, you could insert anything into that sentence and have it be true:  "Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to _______________ than they do to uno."

a. their job
            b. their family
            c. matching their socks
            d. what's for lunch
            e. popping a zit
            f. the color of their car
            g. watching paint dry
            h. picking their nose
            i. other: _________________

Oh yeah, people just can't stop talking about SDSU down here. : : : Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.

Comment

Oh yeah, people just can't stop talking about SDSU down here. : : : Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.
              Self-deprication, I use that strategy once in awhile too. Its a little less effective when its so true.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1166209619/0#5 date=1166309649]
                Self-deprication, I use that strategy once in awhile too.  Its a little less effective when its so true.[/quote]

Good one, Doc!  I got a big belly laugh outta that. ;D ;D ;D

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

UNO attracts an average attendance of 335 people for basketball games? Good grief. There are towns in Nebraska and South Dakota smaller than that, and they attract bigger crowds to town team games.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

After watching the first half of tonights game, we may want to try to get those last two teams on our schedule quick while we could still be favored. :-/
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.
                      So now you're turning this into a smack thread against the education system down here?
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The good news is that the mid cont is on the way and there are a bunch of bad teams you can compete with in that rinky dink conference. The bad news is that there are 2 more Dakota schools coming to D1 that you are going to have to recruit against. That will make getting local talent that much harder.
                        Good luck to Coach Nagy. I predict he will be the future coach of Dakota State the way things are going for him.
                        Just because one is a great coach at one level doesn't always translate into being a great coach at a higher level. Ask Steve Spurrier and Gerry Faust about that.

Comment

Doubtful... Wade Kooiman is doing just fine as the coach at DSU.

GO TROJANS!!! SCREW THE MAVS!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
                            [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1166209619/0#5 date=1166309649]Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.
                            So now you're turning this into a smack thread against the education system down here?[/quote]

No, this thread is still about how bad you are. Nice excuse by you athletic dept. blaming the loss on being road weary.

Road weary Jacks fall in Green Bay
                            GREEN BAY, Wis. – South Dakota State wanted to slow down the fourth game in a five game road trip Saturday in Green Bay, which they did. Unfortunately for the Jackrabbits though, Wisconsin-Green Bay kicked up the pace, and in the process, downed the injury riddled Jacks 80-48 in the shadows of Lambeau Field at the Resch Center.

Comment

: And yet another prime example of why inbreeding should not be allowed. Maybe we will see some UNO fans at the Municipal Arena down in KC cheering on "their" Roos. I mean who would want to watch horrible basketball in Omaha when you could drive down to KC and see the Roos who are their 400th favorite team after Kent State, Wisconsin La Crosse, Chadron State, etc, etc. Our friends in Omaha would make good political people, as they are major flip floppers. Who's your favorite team going be next week?

Comment

Working...
                              X