Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 334 out of 336???

Default 334 out of 336???

I pick up the national fish wrap and to my horror, the sagarin ratings have you ranked 334 out of 336 in mens D1 college basketball. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ . All I have to say is you better schedule Denver and Alcorn State next year. North Florida has 0 wins and is ranked ahead of you. I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud rabbits. Keep up the great work.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0607.htm

Default Re: 334 out of 336???

They could still beat your sorry butts... what NAIA school are your boys playing THIS week?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Thanks for taking it easy on us Mav. Smacking with facts is almost too effective.

This years team isn't likely to climb out of the 300's, thats for sure. I wasn't suprised when UNC struggled mightily in men's BB. I was suprised when we did initially. I'm not suprised this year. We just don't have the personnel in place to make this team work right now. Might happen by the end of this year but what some people forget is that other teams are improving too. Most at a faster rate than SDSU right now.

Smack away, at least we have a couple of wins.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
    I pick up the national fish wrap and to my horror, the sagarin ratings have you ranked 334 out of 336 in mens D1 college basketball. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ . All I have to say is you better schedule Denver and Alcorn State next year. North Florida has 0 wins and is ranked ahead of you. I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud rabbits. Keep up the great work.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0607.htm
    Well i am proud on how hard this team play.

But looking at the attendance of the mavs. Six games, a total of 2010 for an average of 335 and one game a total of 150 (a nice round number, must have been counting the popcorn kernal on the floor)

I would be pissed. Way to do yourself proud [s]rabbits[/s] mavs. Keep up the great work.

Keep going to those game. Support your mavs like you have all season. :-?

Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to SDSU than they do to uno.

'Course, you could insert anything into that sentence and have it be true: "Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to _______________ than they do to uno."

a. their job
    b. their family
    c. matching their socks
    d. what's for lunch
    e. popping a zit
    f. the color of their car
    g. watching paint dry
    h. picking their nose
    i. other: _________________

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfaninne
    Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to SDSU than they do to uno.

'Course, you could insert anything into that sentence and have it be true: "Just another person in Omaha who pays closer attention to _______________ than they do to uno."

a. their job
    b. their family
    c. matching their socks
    d. what's for lunch
    e. popping a zit
    f. the color of their car
    g. watching paint dry
    h. picking their nose
    i. other: _________________

Oh yeah, people just can't stop talking about SDSU down here. : : : Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
    Oh yeah, people just can't stop talking about SDSU down here. : : : Hell, half the people in the state don't know where South Dakota is.
    Self-deprication, I use that strategy once in awhile too. Its a little less effective when its so true.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Gateway to the Dakotas - West Central Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by jackmd
    [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1166209619/0#5 date=1166309649]
    Self-deprication, I use that strategy once in awhile too. Its a little less effective when its so true.[/quote]

Good one, Doc! I got a big belly laugh outta that. ;D ;D ;D

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

UNO attracts an average attendance of 335 people for basketball games? Good grief. There are towns in Nebraska and South Dakota smaller than that, and they attract bigger crowds to town team games.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

After watching the first half of tonights game, we may want to try to get those last two teams on our schedule quick while we could still be favored. :-/
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.